There will be no maintenance for TERA on 11/21.

Assuming Direct Control(ler) 2: The Phantom Director

Comments

• Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭
    @Spacecats @Halrath any answers?

I'd love to finally be able to pvp with my valk (And be decent with her)
  • Tenshi1 wrote: »

I spoke with BHS about this issue, but there are no answers as of yet. They're looking into it. As soon as we have something concrete, I'll update you. Sorry.
  • GlacGlac ✭✭
    edited May 10
    Halrath wrote: »
    Tenshi1 wrote: »

I spoke with BHS about this issue, but there are no answers as of yet. They're looking into it. As soon as we have something concrete, I'll update you. Sorry.

While you're at it, see if they will finally fix the "Chain skill hot keys" item in the controller setting as well that they messed up about a year ago. I reported it via a support ticket back on 5/24/16 and was told by Angelia "GM Discodolly" - "The chain skills is a known issue we have pressed forward already." Why aren't they fixing these things? Almost a year later?

Edited to add Support Ticket 052516-000071 just in case you want it.

I've played with a controller for 5 years now in this game and am oddly surprised at the lack of controller support since this game was marketed originally on controller usability. I know this is a BHS problem not a EME issue directly, but it's just amazing to see how long these issues take to fix (if they ever get fixed).
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭
    Halrath wrote: »
    Tenshi1 wrote: »

Thank you for the reply! :)

>> While you're at it, see if they will finally fix the "Chain skill hot keys" item in the controller setting as well that they messed up about a year ago. I reported it via a support ticket back on 5/24/16 and was told by Angelia "GM Discodolly" - "The chain skills is a known issue we have pressed forward already." Why aren't they fixing these things? Almost a year later?
    [/quote]

Are you talking about if you change your chain skill button, the chains stop working all together? I've had that happen to me beforer and had to revert to default setting
  • 5H96Y49G6D5H96Y49G6D ✭✭✭
    > @Andsoitis said:
    > I wonder how many gamepad users there are out there right now in this game?
    > Will the console version operate like this?
    > Can we get an official response on this even if that response is there arent enough of you to care?

Itll flop unless they allow users to customize every single button

Otherwise only certain classes can legit play optimally with a controller
  • GlacGlac ✭✭
    edited May 10
    "Tenshi1 wrote:
    Are you talking about if you change your chain skill button, the chains stop working all together? I've had that happen to me beforer and had to revert to default setting

I use an Xbox One controller (Type 1) so I'm not sure if it happens with Type 2, but if you try to change the Chain skill hotkey from X (the default), it will allow you to do so (or so it seems). Then you hit Apply and OK. Then if you try to use your new hotkey or open the controller menu back up, you'll see it's been reverted back to X. Stuck on X Forever :expressionless:
  • SageWinduSageWindu ✭✭✭
    Glac wrote: »
    "Tenshi1 wrote:

I use an Xbox One controller (Type 1) so I'm not sure if it happens with Type 2, but if you try to change the Chain skill hotkey from X (the default), it will allow you to do so (or so it seems). Then you hit Apply and OK. Then if you try to use your new hotkey or open the controller menu back up, you'll see it's been reverted back to X. Stuck on X Forever :expressionless:

I've had that happen before. It seems to depend on the button used.

Once upon a time I had a gunner, right? I used to use the Back button instead of Left Trigger for chains (largely so I wouldn't chain by accident). After a time it simply wouldn't save that particular bind anymore. So maybe that's it?
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭
    I had originally changed the chain skill for my lancer to be able to use the shield counter easier, but I just worked my way around it since changing the button wasn't working for me
  • GlacGlac ✭✭
    > @Tenshi1 said:
    > I had originally changed the chain skill for my lancer to be able to use the shield counter easier, but I just worked my way around it since changing the button wasn't working for me

Yeah I changed mine back when BR first came out so I could jump on the turtle boss instead of chaining my next skill, as that hallucination effect is killer for healing. Then they broke it a year ago and still waiting for a fix. For now I just deal with it but it would be nice to get some controller support, especially since they plan on releasing Tera to consoles.
  • AndsoitisAndsoitis ✭✭
    Whether the console version succeeds or fails is irrelevant.
    Gamepad was introduced with tera at launch.
    As its been pointed out there are several bugs that have been around for awhile but this one is by far the most ......
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, IMO they need to fix this one before the other Honorbound ones. They already put it in the known issues thread so they know it's there.
    The other 2 or 3 bugs definitely aren't as important imo. This one really changes the game for a lot of people though.

Right now, I'm working on getting Misery gear for my valk and ninja, and that'll take a while, and then I can work on my sorc
    Those are the 3 classes I know for certain I can do the pve in without the character direction (Would be helpful for valk but since the bug was introduced when they came out, I learned with it)

I'd love to pvp with her though, but as it stands I can not
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭
    Bumping this in case BHS tells @Halrath or someone something so they can post it here
  • ugh im impatient to hear a concrete answer :(
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭
    Same, I really wanna play my other classes!

I'll never be able to get enough anniversary tokens to get my piggy anyway (If it's still there)
  • edited May 14
    edit: found a neat little tidbit... so if i'm understanding the issue correctly is itsn't necessarily a controller issue, it's a character orientation and skill direction vs camera orientation overwrite of the directional usage. so need to do more searching now... it does the same on my reaper on controller and k&m now... ALL camera orientated