[PC] Maintenance is now complete!

Battleground is now officially been overrun by hackers

13»

Comments

• xoBarbxoBarb ✭✭✭
    AEFH9EGJMA wrote: »
    xoBarb wrote: »
    I remember one of the devs said that this would happen because of EME's idiotic decision. I guess he was right and Tera death had been accelerated.

The devs going out of their way to add more and more questionable modules is what caused EME's decision, The month+ before Noesis's scare post had just as many QQ threads for people going through walls in corsairs, Glitching the kuma in kumas, abusing rmhm etc etc.
    I think you got the timing wrong. I've been following meishu's git, pinky discord and bern's blog for a while now. There were very few developers in total and zero mods focused on exploitation. The wall QQ thread had been around for years, you can go find some yourself in the old forums.

The mods don't have to be focused on exploitation for them to be used for exploitation. i.e the praised skill predictor

...They fix each variant of Corsairs exploit whenever a new one comes out albeit slow they fix it so

• xoBarb wrote: »
    I remember one of the devs said that this would happen because of EME's idiotic decision. I guess he was right and Tera death had been accelerated.

The devs going out of their way to add more and more questionable modules is what caused EME's decision, The month+ before Noesis's scare post had just as many QQ threads for people going through walls in corsairs, Glitching the kuma in kumas, abusing rmhm etc etc.
    I think you got the timing wrong. I've been following meishu's git, pinky discord and bern's blog for a while now. There were very few developers in total and zero mods focused on exploitation. The wall QQ thread had been around for years, you can go find some yourself in the old forums.

The mods don't have to be focused on exploitation for them to be used for exploitation. i.e the praised skill predictor

...They fix each variant of Corsairs exploit whenever a new one comes out albeit slow they fix it so

The flying one was never fixed. The teleport into crystal room one was never fixed. The walking past gates (not just CS but everywhere in the game) was never fixed. I'm pretty sure most of the bugs were only partially fixed, e.g. they removed that 1 popular path people used to do the flying Jesus walk but not the other invisible platforms you can use.

If you didn't know how those exploits worked you're just out of the loop that's all.
  • TFYL7NJAFFTFYL7NJAFF ✭✭
    edited May 2017

The wall bug was never fixed and had been used to bypass every wall in the game for years. The flying bug was never fixed, they removed the 1 popular platform people used to Jesus walk but every other platform is still available except not many people know how to exploit it now. The teleport to crystal room bug was never fixed but that one was a pretty safeguarded secret.

The skill predictor wall glitch was patched as soon as it was discovered a long time ago. It only works now if you deliberately broke that part of the code so please don't blame the creators for malicious users misusing the code.

The reality is BHS never fixes bugs and at most just band-aids it. What you are seeing with the increased hacking is all thanks to EME causing Streisand effect and turning modding community against them, and thus more exploity code was shared more freely.
  • ZingoPingoZingoPingo ✭✭✭

You've been following their blogs yeah? Did you happen to catch the part where Bern was trying to sell modules for in game Tera gold? You can white knight for the Devs but once they pushed the limits, things only got bad. The injector was literally designed for PvE and now it's creeped it's way into BGs and PvP. There's a reason people are getting banned for it.

• We will look into the possibility of people abusing 3rd party programs to cheat in BGs, but please remember that the best way to report suspicious activity like this is through a Customer Support ticket so that it can be properly investigated by our staff. Include any player names, information, screenshots, or videos you might have in that conversation.

Don't post them here in the forums. It will only start a witch hunt.
This discussion has been closed.