[PC] Maintenance will begin on 6/20 at 8am PDT, and is expected to last for 3 hours. For more information, please view the following thread: http://bit.ly/2MYtJv6

No Bonanza box No SEMI and NO Spellbinds

Comments

• time to switch to what the game was meant for ;D
  • AyiAyi ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    I queued Gridiron for around 2 hours, opened enough boxes to realize that the PVP community is worse off with boxes than credits. Hopefully EME will be able to adjust loot box rewards in the future. As it stands now, PVP may become even more dead than last patch.
  • Ayi wrote: »
    I queued Gridiron for around 2 hours, opened enough boxes to realize that the PVP community is worse off with boxes than credits. Hopefully EME will be able to adjust loot box rewards in the future. As it stands now, PVP may become even more dead than last patch.

Would you mind posting what you got? I'd be curious to see the loot if you haven't already used it.
  • NPCPakNPCPak ✭✭✭✭
    Spacecats wrote: »
    Would you mind posting what you got? I'd be curious to see the loot if you haven't already used it.

I can tell you what I got from my 8 Gridiron Victory Chests:

• Lakan's Scale x1 (1 Box)
    • Ominous Ore x3 (3 Boxes)
    • Tier 11 Feestock x8 (1 Box)
    • Triumph Keybadge x1 (1 Box)
    • Health Potion x2 (2 Boxes)
  • edited May 2017
    Ayi wrote: »

@Spacecats
    Opened 12 Chests yesterday from 11 wins and 5 losses. Got the following items:

3 Triumph Keybadge (3 chests)
    2 War Keybadge (2 chests)
    3 Lakan Scale (3 chests)
    6 Tier 11 Feedstock (1 chest)
    3 Ominous Ore ( 3 chests)

Under the old credit system, 11 wins and 5 loses would net around 90k BC and 66k KS. It'd be enough for purchasing 17 bonanza boxes which would sell for around 1.1 K gold each. That would make the profits total to around 19k gold.

With the new system, I would calcualate under the assumption that all the currrent mats are equal in value to their counter parts from last patch. Hence, it would tally up to 3k per triumph badge, 1k per war badge, 3.5k per lakan scale, 250g per ominous ore. The total value is like 22k gold, but in reality it's probably higher since there's gonna be a greater demand for it in the upcoming weeks and the materials are harder to get.

I think the chest system is great way for allowing PvP players to get mats through PvPing. I do agree some adjusting might be needed like removing tier 11 feedstock drops and adding spellbinds instead. I don't think the chests are inferior to the bonanza boxes in value, but you guys just need to be careful when adding items of more value, because further incentives just make players want to abuse the system more. I already saw MT guilds attempting to sync 10+ players in games. It makes it extremely difficult for solo q players to win when they get matched against the same group every time they queue.
  • iLuckyiLucky ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    @Spacecats

I really do hope that the incentives increase for doing PVP battleground. @adinsflzsrskjf sums it up really well with a breakdown of what your time commitement to PVP used to yield and what it yields now. Not sure if it is even changable on your end or is if it done on the BH side but something needs to be done about the PVP Community. There are already a small group of us who still strive to make the battlegrounds pop but with this latest change, that incentive has caused a huge decline in pvp. When the server went up I q'd for grid and was in queue for over an hour.

onAV0QM.png

When it finally started to pop, I realized that my time was wasted. After 14 wins and 5 losses (15 total boxes) these were the following loots:
    • 1 War Keybadge
    • 1 Rejuvenation Potion
    • 1 Health Potion
    • 1 Ominous Ore
    • 1 Tier 11 Feedstock x13
    • 1 Conceptual Unguent
    • 1 Rejuvenation Potion
    • 1 Rejuvenation Potion
    • 1 Ominous Ore
    • 1 Bravery Potion
    • 1 Ominous Ore
    • 1 Rejuvenation Potion
    • 1 Conceptual Unguent
    • 1 Ominous Ore
    • 1 War Keybadge

Total:
    • 2 War Keybadge
    • 4 Rejuv Pot
    • 4 Ominous Ore
    • 1 Health Pot
    • 1 Bravery
    • 2 Conceptual Unguent
    • 13 Tier 11 Feedstock

All I know that is 18 games took around 3 hours and my efforts seem completely wasted. I enjoy PVP and continued to queue but I know that the majority would want to be rewarded for their efforts, especially wins. If I wanted to try PVP for the first time and after 10 minutes of a battleground and finally achieving that win to get a health potion I probably would not queue again. I know a lot of this is trial and error but just bringing it to your attention that currently these battleground rewards are completely unappealing.

• ObsObs ✭✭✭
    Grievuuz wrote: »
    Muggsly wrote: »
    Yeah I will miss bonanza boxes for sure and it's yet to be seen if this new rewards will be better because bonanza boxes always had things that were sellable and made me a pretty penny.

No more SES/Spellbind from PvP is a pretty big deal, as that was the main source outside of events and BAMs.

If you didn't invest in them before the patch, you're out of luck as the prices are already skyrocketing. (in the first 12 hours SES went from ~140-150g to 190g+ and Spellbind from 23-26g to 34g+ on Fey Forest)

Not that I don't want more SES/Spellbinds, but that's more due to a new gear patch with new jewelry and gear rather than Bonanza Boxes being removed.
  • Obs wrote: »
    Grievuuz wrote: »
    Muggsly wrote: »
    Yeah I will miss bonanza boxes for sure and it's yet to be seen if this new rewards will be better because bonanza boxes always had things that were sellable and made me a pretty penny.

No more SES/Spellbind from PvP is a pretty big deal, as that was the main source outside of events and BAMs.

If you didn't invest in them before the patch, you're out of luck as the prices are already skyrocketing. (in the first 12 hours SES went from ~140-150g to 190g+ and Spellbind from 23-26g to 34g+ on Fey Forest)

Not that I don't want more SES/Spellbinds, but that's more due to a new gear patch with new jewelry and gear rather than Bonanza Boxes being removed.

It's cuz rich players but all of them out to resell. Happens every patch. I bought like 10k SES to resell $$$
  • KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    iLucky wrote: »

@Spacecats

This right here is what iv experienced pretty much to the T.

Bonanza box equiv needs to be put into these reward boxes. Otherwise NA PvP will be even worse off than it currently is....
  • JasonLucasJasonLucas ✭✭✭
    @Spacecats give one more week for people use their Bellicarium and Killing Spree credits and after that clear everyone credits, then remove all items from merchants except the Bonanza box, set the price to 1k each and add back the credits to battlegrounds. The only thing that you guys will need to bother between the updates is the tier of feedstock. You guys can even bring the power hour back.
  • AyiAyi ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Ayi wrote: »

Between my friend and I, I received one of the BG materials for the jewelry, the rest low amounts of feedstock, ominous ore or rejuvenation potions. He was unlucky (I'm guessing) and only received feedstock. Oh he posted above with an updated list. @iLucky

However, with the credit system, we would be able to buy those tokens every other battleground. It just seems more difficult and random based to receive what you want now.

Will do more battlegrounds tomorrow and keep a more specific list if necessary.

@Spacecats We believe in you guys to restore PVP to its former glory!!!!
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    JasonLucas wrote: »
    @Spacecats give one more week for people use their Bellicarium and Killing Spree credits and after that clear everyone credits, then remove all items from merchants except the Bonanza box, set the price to 1k each and add back the credits to battlegrounds. The only thing that you guys will need to bother between the updates is the tier of feedstock. You guys can even bring the power hour back.

You really well know that EME can't do that, it is like Crusade being removed with no way to return.

In this case, It will be impossible to get back the credit system unless BHS reintroduce it in a later patch.
  • @Spacecats

I think at the moment it's okay since we're so early into the patch, but consider adding Bonanza boxes as the battleground jackpot after the anniversary event ends. This will be a pretty good incentive for players to continue q-ing during power hours in the upcoming months. Please also consider updaing the feedstock from T10 to T11.
  • LYC14LYC14 ✭✭✭
    Just curious but why was battleground credits removed in this latest patch? It seems that people would favour choosing what to buy using credits rather than praying for good RNG to get good loot from the new boxes.
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    i agree about do bonanza boxes accesible by VG credits

many things should be accessible by VG, also some good stuffs as mats should cost 9000vg retrieve one, that could resurrect the PVE for solo players.

They can probably increase the VG credit cap and make it a really great place to get stuff. Will probably need to also boost VG credit gain from battlegrounds but it can be very useful with a few tweaks.