[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/21 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Compensation?

Comments

• DYLW5HFXJHDYLW5HFXJH ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    You've been saying its your top priority since before the patch hit on FIHM day. You say that it's hard for you to change servers. Yes. Running a game is hard, running any multi-national million dollar corporation is hard. If you can't do it, let someone else. The level of incompetence time and time again is just way too much to put up with anymore. It's a sad day when people have to spam the old CM to come back just for an inkling of hope. It's been YEARS. Things aren't getting better, they're getting worse, and it shows when TERA was basically the only game hosted by EME, and they've since branched out, because they know.
  • PagesPages ✭✭✭✭
    Tsunakai wrote: »
    Solli95 wrote: »
    as compensation id like a server that dont lg every minute for 10 mins straight.

Spacecats wrote: »
    We'd like to deal with the instability before we think about any compensation. Anything we do would also risk getting interrupted by the issues that are happening. Fixing the problem is our top priority at the moment.

No need for discussion, as majority of the playerbase would like this as compensation.

I would agree with this. As much as everyone likes free things and compensation at this point if the servers would just be playable for more than 5 minutes at a time I'd be happy enough honestly.

The only "compensation" that might seem necessary is extensions on peoples' elite that they've paid for yet been unable to use, and even that can't be compensated until the issue is fixed.
  • AuranuAuranu ✭✭
    Dokibun wrote: »
    > @sugarplump said:
    > Like KTera lag compensation:
    >
    > 1. Elite for 5-days
    > 2. Tera event coins x100 (similar to anniversary tokens)
    > 3. Appearance Change Voucher
    > 4. low/med/high/top tier dungeon reset scrolls x2 of each
    >
    > (Source: Yosha)

This would be so lovely to receive. Normally I don't agree with the community when they holler for compensation, but considering the game is unplayable for 2 days now, things need to be done to reward your player base for putting up with it. @Halrath @Spacecats

Im the same way, I usually dont agree with this compensation talk but its been 2 days. Even something small would go along way
  • DYLW5HFXJH wrote: »
    You've been saying its your top priority since before the patch hit on FIHM day. You say that it's hard for you to change servers. Yes. Running a game is hard, running any multi-national million dollar corporation is hard. If you can't do it, let someone else. The level of incompetence time and time again is just way too much to put up with anymore. It's a sad day when people have to spam the old CM to come back just for an inkling of hope. It's been YEARS. Things aren't getting better, they're getting worse, and it shows when TERA was basically the only game hosted by EME, and they've since branched out, because they know.

Server stability is a constant upkeep. We have a team at En Masse dedicated to monitoring and ensuring the health of TERA servers. Community Managers are not on that team, so even the best CM on the planet won't be able to affect server stability on any level. Please don't feel like you have to spam anyone. The people who need to know that there is lag are already working hard to fix the situation.

In a case like this, we believe there were server issues introduced with Tuesday's update. There is a hotfix planned for tomorrow (5/11) morning that may alleviate some of this, but our Operations crew will continue to monitor closely as we believe there are multiple technical culprits at work at the moment, not just a single issue.
  • AuranuAuranu ✭✭
    More skirts please!!!!
  • KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Those Ktera mait/lag etc compensation should of been implemented a long time ago by NA TERA.

Most games have this, why do we get the short end of the stick every-single-time?
  • DYLW5HFXJHDYLW5HFXJH ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    It's not hard. You set up more space for patch time, and relinquish said space afterwards. It's not like you don't have notification of these patches coming months well in advance, perhaps even further than most or any players do. I wish I could sit here and say, well, obviously this section of the office isn't responsible, but quite frankly, there are probably three known EME employees who actually have a good reputation with the players. There has been little to no communication, quite frankly half of these people would sit down and shut up if they knew they could trust you enough to actually fix this. I don't even think a statement will help. It's just too far gone, too many mistakes.

Edit: I just want to point out, in years past, we blamed BHS for most issues, and maybe that was right, or wrong. It was said that BHS was the one holding EME down for a long time. The clear difference here is that the announcements and employees felt on the players side, where now they do not.
  • Tsunakai wrote: »
    Solli95 wrote: »
    as compensation id like a server that dont lg every minute for 10 mins straight.

We'd like to deal with the instability before we think about any compensation. Anything we do would also risk getting interrupted by the issues that are happening. Fixing the problem is our top priority at the moment.

No need for discussion, as majority of the playerbase would like this as compensation.

A stable play environment isn't compensation. It's what we already feel we owe you guys as players. We're in an unfortunate spot right now where that needs fixing. Once things are back to normal we'll post an announcement on actual compensation that fits.
  • Just don't make any triple drops, since servers gonna explode for good.
  • And for reals, closing threads like this is like cutting the head off a hydra. Once you respond, you validate these players. Players should not be expected to dig through a bunch of closed threads to find one open one with maybe a response from EME. The complaint threads go away on their own once a problem is fixed. It's hard to say that this amount of moderation isn't near dictatorship. I understand you have a right and will to censor or clean your forums, it's still salt in the wound to a random player. We've had complaint thread spam before you, and if this game lasts that long, will be after you. The reason you're getting as much pushback as you are is because you're fighting us.
  • NaelosNaelos ✭✭
    A stable play environment isn't compensation. It's what we already feel we owe you guys as players. We're in an unfortunate spot right now where that needs fixing. Once things are back to normal we'll post an announcement on actual compensation that fits.

Thank you
  • DYLW5HFXJH wrote: »
    And for reals, closing threads like this is like cutting the head off a hydra. Once you respond, you validate these players. Players should not be expected to dig through a bunch of closed threads to find one open one with maybe a response from EME. The complaint threads go away on their own once a problem is fixed. It's hard to say that this amount of moderation isn't near dictatorship. I understand you have a right and will to censor or clean your forums, it's still salt in the wound to a random player. We've had complaint thread spam before you, and if this game lasts that long, will be after you. The reason you're getting as much pushback as you are is because you're fighting us.

Please refer to stickied posts and forum announcements when it comes to official communication. There is also a comment tracker that you can find in the news & announcements section if you're specifically looking for En Masse responses.

Creating multiple threads splits up the conversation and makes responding harder. We close duplicates to keep the forums tidy and the conversation focused. Hydras aren't just deadly, they're really hard to talk to. :p
  • edited May 2017
    I dont want a compensation, i want the ticket i sent almost a month ago answered, is that too much to ask for? @Spacecats
  • I'm generally curious why you believe the way you do things, as compared to the way that other employees of EME have done things, is any better. Constant moderation is a double edged sword. Anyone who takes one look at all the moderation changes will say 'are these all from today?'.
  • AngelineAngeline ✭✭✭
    Once things are back to normal we'll post an announcement on actual compensation that fits.

Normal like two years ago normal or normal like freeze-frame, lag-mechanic, at-least-the-servers-are-up normal?