Un-equalized gear in FWC

x2nsr8.png

Anything with un-equalized gear in FWC! NO! Majority of us DO NOT want un-equalized gear, it will kill FWC again while all queue times will just be too long, and it'll be overrun by elitist. This is NOT the right direction, and please, just no!

Comments

• W7GNYAP55A wrote: »
    x2nsr8.png

Anything with un-equalized gear in FWC! NO! Majority of us DO NOT want un-equalized gear, it will kill FWC again while all queue times will just be too long, and it'll be overrun by elitist. This is NOT the right direction, and please, just no!

Where's your proof that a majority doesn't want it? Not to mention queues were fine before they made it equalized. Queues only died because it became equalized, rankings became irrelevant, and loot was [filtered]
  • ElinerdElinerd ✭✭
    non-EQ gear only worked when the game wasn't p2w. The game is also grossly unbalanced with speed and CDR etchings.
  • W7GNYAP55AW7GNYAP55A ✭✭✭
    W7GNYAP55A wrote: »
    x2nsr8.png

Where's your proof that a majority doesn't want it? Not to mention queues were fine before they made it equalized. Queues only died because it became equalized, rankings became irrelevant, and loot was [filtered]

The new changes to battleground will keep FWC queues strong, and better than it was before. Adding un-equalized will kill the integrity of battleground for players who doesn't have end-game gear and doesn't do PvE.

There are players who exclusively only plays battleground because they would like to avoid PvE. If you add equalized gear you have nothing, but elitist who will try to stack a team full of +15's, discouraged new players will refuse to join, casual players stand no chance while they watch 1 Valkyrie with +15 annihilate their whole team. The battleground as it stands feels good, it feels enjoyable, and rewarding. Who said we wanted un-equalized gear besides the elitist with end-game gears? Who said we even needed it? Equalized gear has done MORE GOOD than un-equalized gear ever did.

The idea that that equalized gear killed FWC, no it did not. The long queue times, the same players who repeatedly plays FWC, it was unrewarding, it was nothing, but a show-fest of prideful and egotistic players to run around trying to display their ranking. There was literally no beginner joining FWC, it was not friendly towards casual or new players. Nobody asked for un-equalized gear except the small minority who seems to always want the "old ways."

Battleground is doing fine, and it's doing better with the new changes. Equalized gear, make it fun and enjoyable for everyone.
  • ElinerdElinerd ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    x2nsr8.png

Queues have had their ups and downs but from what I've seen over the years, they've been the most dead when the game was un-EQ in the "glory days" of p2w. There's no consensus I'm aware of on whether a majority wants or doesn't want FWC to become EQ, but I promise you that anyone thinking it's a good idea would very quickly regret the change.

Right now people complain about a lack of PVP crystals, how do you think everyone will feel when they have +15 fully etched PVP heroes pitted against complete PVE scrubs? At least right now there's a chance of the shitter teams winning if they get carried. There will be no chance to win against the new meta called "energetic brawlers" sustained by everlasting kaias with a tremendous gear advantage, disregarding the ever notable skill advantage that has always existed. Sure it would be more fun for tryhards if it was lit for a while, but eventually nobody would queue up since the vast majority of people would have a 100% chance of losing. Very quickly. Unable to do anything about it.

I tend to solo queue so I don't want EQ at all. Fraywind isn't like what it was at first when solo queuers could carry matches with a smart cap game so nothing to me could justify the change to un-EQ with all the blatant balance issues that would come from it. Also the gear progression and class balance is just a joke compared to those old days.
  • W7GNYAP55AW7GNYAP55A ✭✭✭
    Elinerd wrote: »
    x2nsr8.png

Queues have had their ups and downs but from what I've seen over the years, they've been the most dead when the game was un-EQ in the "glory days" of p2w. There's no consensus I'm aware of on whether a majority wants or doesn't want FWC to become EQ, but I promise you that anyone thinking it's a good idea would very quickly regret the change.

Right now people complain about a lack of PVP crystals, how do you think everyone will feel when they have +15 fully etched PVP heroes pitted against complete PVE scrubs? At least right now there's a chance of the shitter teams winning if they get carried. There will be no chance to win against the new meta called "energetic brawlers" sustained by everlasting kaias with a tremendous gear advantage, disregarding the ever notable skill advantage that has always existed. Sure it would be more fun for tryhards if it was lit for a while, but eventually nobody would queue up since the vast majority of people would have a 100% chance of losing. Very quickly. Unable to do anything about it.

I tend to solo queue so I don't want EQ at all. Fraywind isn't like what it was at first when solo queuers could carry matches with a smart cap game so nothing to me could justify the change to un-EQ with all the blatant balance issues that would come from it. Also the gear progression and class balance is just a joke compared to those old days.

This is the reward list for Fraywind Canyon,
    2lasq47.png

If Fraywind Canyon becomes un-equalized, that pool of rewards will only go to the +15 elitist with the best gear and team. Casual, Solo Que, and New comers will not be welcome in this battleground if it becomes un-equalized. Fraywind Canyon HAS THE BEST sets of rewards compared to the other battleground. It is the only one that has a chance to drop Goddess Gem and Superior Etching 4.

Why exactly is Halrath negotiating un-equalized gears to favor the already favored with +15? I don't understand this logic at all. It's literally bothering me. It just makes, "the strong, stronger, and rich, richer." If they're going to make un-equalized gear, don't choose Fraywind Canyon.
  • ElinerdElinerd ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Equalized gear has done MORE GOOD than un-equalized gear ever did.

The idea that that equalized gear killed FWC, no it did not. The long queue times, the same players who repeatedly plays FWC, it was unrewarding, it was nothing, but a show-fest of prideful and egotistic players to run around trying to display their ranking. There was literally no beginner joining FWC, it was not friendly towards casual or new players. Nobody asked for un-equalized gear except the small minority who seems to always want the "old ways."

Battleground is doing fine, and it's doing better with the new changes. Equalized gear, make it fun and enjoyable for everyone.

This I can't agree with. FWC was great for the better part of its first two years and it was un-EQ then. The game had lots of players back then, the actual rules of FWC made sense, and the gear progression was an actual fun investment that everyone was involved in and everyone could reach close to its peak by playing the game how they wanted to play it. But now you can't do that. There are people getting, in one single day, gear that most will never get because the game is full on p2w. And the current rules for FWC are almost completely titled in favor to those with gear/skill rather than wit.

And FWC has been popping this year but there hasn't been more than 2 concurrent matches(usually just the one) during most of the power hours I've been in. Unless I'm wrong there but I don't think so. So it's not exactly doing fine right now, we'll see how the FWC week turns out though.

Also on the topic of people asking for un-EQ gear, a lot of their problems with the EQ gear could be solved by rebalancing it. I would imagine the main thing for most is that the EQ gear is very slow so EME could just up the attack speed for a fresh take on EQ FWC.
    Why exactly is Halrath negotiating un-equalized gears to favor the already favored with +15? I don't understand this logic at all.
    EME wants the game to be p2w obviously.
  • ElinerdElinerd ✭✭
    I made an edit to my post but it said something about verifying it and it was deleted. That's annoying.
    Why exactly is Halrath negotiating un-equalized gears to favor the already favored with +15? I don't understand this logic at all.
    EME wants the game to be p2w obviously.
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    Will hate to be honest here.

If they balance the EQ gear properly, we don't need any uneq gear. Especially when PvP gear is pretty much discouraged nowadays.
  • Why not have 2 queues? One for equalized and another for non-equalized gear.
  • ElinerdElinerd ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    lightup wrote: »
    Why not have 2 queues? One for equalized and another for non-equalized gear.
    Because neither would pop if people spread out. If I'm not mistaken the first EQ FWC was seperate and nobody queued for it.
  • DigivolveDigivolve ✭✭✭✭
    If you prefer un-eq gear, you never played a healer and have no idea how frustrating it is to play in slow motion while being a paper towel.
  • ElinerdElinerd ✭✭
    Digivolve wrote: »
    If you prefer un-eq gear, you never played a healer and have no idea how frustrating it is to play in slow motion while being a paper towel.
    And DPS just love the idea of invincible priests and infinity jaunt mystics. True the game needs balance but non-EQ gear is asking for trouble.
  • DigivolveDigivolve ✭✭✭✭
    Elinerd wrote: »
    And DPS just love the idea of invincible priests and infinity jaunt mystics. True the game needs balance but non-EQ gear is asking for trouble.
    As much as I'd like it, I never said healers should be immortals. But definitely not cheap punching bags either as they are now
  • StarSpriteStarSprite ✭✭✭✭
    The current gear isnt really equal. It favors hard hitting classes with short cds. There is nothing balanced about that.

It also still doesn't keep premades from destroying the other team if it's casual/solo players. If it did solo players wouldn't be asking for premades to be removed.

If the gear stats were adjusted then it wouldn't be so bad. I'm in favor for non eq gear if bhs can't fix the gear we have now.
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're clearly new here.

Back when fwc was un-equalized it would pop all the time without power hours. Reverting it back would make that happen again and players can use their hard working gear.

Equalized gear is garbage. Not balanced. I currently get hit for 100k on a lancer sometimes and lancer has the highest defense in the game. Equalized gear my [filtered]. At least with my gear I'd survive more.