[PC] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 12/10 at 8am PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

Un-equalized gear in FWC

Comments

• XeirylXeiryl ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    lol at people here speaking as if people with +15 didn't put in actual work to get their gear. surely nobody puts work into this game and they all swipe for their gear, right?

equalized gear as it is doesn't balance the game nearly as much as people seem to think. as starsprite said, it favors classes with low cooldowns and hard hitting skills and frankly as a healer, it's really not enjoyable to play with the garbage attack speed the equalized set offers. i too want unequalized gear back, because right now even power hour isn't enough to get me to queue.
  • XandervbXandervb ✭✭✭
    Now that FWC is equalized it's my fav BG, when it was uneq I didn't run it at all. So personally I'm against it and I prob switch to cancer CS if this happens, I'm more for adjusting eq gear stats. But I also understand that PvP players want a place to use their gear, the main problem is that it's quite hard to estimate their numbers.
  • LISTEN HERE, WE NEED FREAKING UNEQUALIZED FWC! IT WOULD BE THE ONLY PLACE WHERE PEOPLE DOING PVP CAN USE THEIR FREAKING EQUIPMENT , LETS SAY OPEN WORLD PVP IS DEAD , AND THE PVP PLAYERS MAKE EQUIPS , WHERE THE HELL WOULD THEY USE THEIR EQUIPS IF ITS NOT UNEQ FWC , JUST THINK ABOUT IT AND MAKE FWC NOT EQ
  • NikuroTegaNikuroTega ✭✭✭✭
    I'm all for un-equalized FWC. Pre-RMHM patch where queue would pop almost anytime of the day. It was on par with the old FWC golden days.

There has been multiple times where the so-called "elite +15" players or premades have lost to a team that was better organized. It just takes more of a team effort and communication, which makes the game entirely more satisfying.

Currently, un-equalized gear does in fact favor classes with high burst and short CD classes(i.e. Valkyrie), and immensely disfavors healers, who die almost instantly from high burst crits or KD chains. I can see how this may attract players who aren't too keen in pvp whom also fail to realize the imbalances of equalized gear.

Bringing un-equalized FWC brings more balance to the table than what equalized FWC currently offers, as well as instant queue pop.
    Elinerd wrote: »
    non-EQ gear only worked when the game wasn't p2w. The game is also grossly unbalanced with speed and CDR etchings.

Energetic etchings are your best friend to keep up with the speed and CDR meta. Js.

This game isn't P2W. It's more of Pay4Convenience. I've seen players with full +15 gear, with rookie status on dungeon runs, and the worst KDA ratios in BG.

Just because someone can obtain gold(by someone's hard work farming) faster through EMP sell, buy the best gear(by someone's hard work farming), doesn't mean they automatically become PVE/PVP gods. It takes time to learn the intricacies of a class, and become decently skilled for class efficiency.

akSzdpp.png
  • PamcakePamcake ✭✭✭
    With having this much glitches, hackers, etc in battlegrounds, adding elitist upper hand will be terrible. So far it's been about your skills and changing so that everything about gear. You know how many people will be kicked out, because they don't have top gear @Spacecats and @Noesis?
  • PamcakePamcake ✭✭✭
    Xeiryl wrote: »
    lol at people here speaking as if people with +15 didn't put in actual work to get their gear. surely nobody puts work into this game and they all swipe for their gear, right?

equalized gear as it is doesn't balance the game nearly as much as people seem to think. as starsprite said, it favors classes with low cooldowns and hard hitting skills and frankly as a healer, it's really not enjoyable to play with the garbage attack speed the equalized set offers. i too want unequalized gear back, because right now even power hour isn't enough to get me to queue.

+15 gear can be bought sweety. Maybe you're bad healer and don't know how to work around.
  • PamcakePamcake ✭✭✭
    CLPR7RPT6A wrote: »
    LISTEN HERE, WE NEED FREAKING UNEQUALIZED FWC! IT WOULD BE THE ONLY PLACE WHERE PEOPLE DOING PVP CAN USE THEIR FREAKING EQUIPMENT , LETS SAY OPEN WORLD PVP IS DEAD , AND THE PVP PLAYERS MAKE EQUIPS , WHERE THE [filtered] WOULD THEY USE THEIR EQUIPS IF ITS NOT UNEQ FWC , JUST THINK ABOUT IT AND MAKE FWC NOT EQ

Tera is not PVP game.
  • why tf is the server down , again ??
  • berrymilkberrymilk ✭✭✭
    If they can blance the classes fix the cc's and stun effect of certain classes you don't need un-equalized but for people who do want to just want to feel over powered and one shot people or lower tier if you want to test equalized to un-equalize have two separate bg que one for equal and one for non equal see which one has the most feed back
  • Compromise: If you want unequalized BG, then do away with premades. Make everyone solo queue so that the overwhelming players are broken up and distributed across both teams.
  • XeirylXeiryl ✭✭✭
    Pamcake wrote: »
    Xeiryl wrote: »

+15 gear can be bought sweety. Maybe you're bad healer and don't know how to work around.

not sure at all what the first part of your sentence has to do with the second part, or what that has to do with my skill as a player, but go off i guess
  • TewiiTewii ✭✭✭
    I want a reason to actually use my PvP gear that I farmed and etched. CU is dead as hell, as is world PvP. Duels are out of the window, too as I'm a healer main.

Equalized can go home. The gear in
    there is trash and heavily favours oneshots and extremely bursty damage.
  • Tewii wrote: »
    I want a reason to actually use my PvP gear that I farmed and etched. CU is dead as [filtered], as is world PvP. Duels are out of the window, too as I'm a healer main.

Equalized can go home. The gear in
    there is trash and heavily favours oneshots and extremely bursty damage.

FINALLY SOMEONE WITH A BRAIN
  • Bring back 120k Thunder Strike crits!
  • xoBarbxoBarb ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Rather they add equalized crystals

zzz