The Maintenance on our PC Servers has completed. Servers are up and running, thank you for your patience!

Anniversary Tokens [Updated 5/30/17]

2456716

Comments

  • LYC14LYC14 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Thank you, this is a step in the right direction, making the anniversary event feel more like a real anniversary celebration. However, I feel that more can be done to include everyone in this anniversary event, such as including the tokens in all leveling dungeons and in all battlegrounds (adjusted amonunt based on the difficulty, level and popularity) and having it available as a reward for vanguard credits for IOD bams and normal bams during levelling, to cater to all players, be it casual players or hardcore players, be it new players or end-game players, be it PVE players or PVP players, be it soloists or guild members.

    Also, it will be good if the contents of the shop for the next few weeks ae revealed beforehand (like now), so that we can decide how many tokens to save up for the rewards we prefer to purchase.
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    LYC14 wrote: »
    Thank you, this is a step in the right direction, making the anniversary event feel more like a real anniversary celebration. However, I feel that more can be done to include everyone in this anniversary event, such as including the tokens in all leveling dungeons and in all battlegrounds (adjusted amonunt based on the difficulty, level and popularity) and having it available as a reward for vanguard credits for IOD bams and normal bams during levelling, to cater to all players, be it casual players or hardcore players, be it new players or end-game players, be it PVE players or PVP players, be it soloists or guild members.

    Also, it will be good if the contents of the shop for the next few weeks ae revealed beforehand (like now), so that we can decide how many tokens to save up for the rewards we prefer to purchase.

    I like this leveling idea
  • Tenshi1 wrote: »
    LYC14 wrote: »
    Thank you, this is a step in the right direction, making the anniversary event feel more like a real anniversary celebration. However, I feel that more can be done to include everyone in this anniversary event, such as including the tokens in all leveling dungeons and in all battlegrounds (adjusted amonunt based on the difficulty, level and popularity) and having it available as a reward for vanguard credits for IOD bams and normal bams during levelling, to cater to all players, be it casual players or hardcore players, be it new players or end-game players, be it PVE players or PVP players, be it soloists or guild members.

    Also, it will be good if the contents of the shop for the next few weeks ae revealed beforehand (like now), so that we can decide how many tokens to save up for the rewards we prefer to purchase.

    I like this leveling idea

    Good idea yes but have a level cap for bams in general if your such and such level above the bam, tokens wont drop so no one can abuse it. same with leveling dungeons but with thoes maybe a 5 level above the dungeon cap cause ive had past experience in leveling TOO fast for a dungeon and being kicked from a party cause im 4 levels over the dungeon that i NEED to run.
  • edited May 2017
    Added the following to the top post...

    EDIT [5/11/17] - During today's emergency maintenance, Anniversary Tokens were made untradable. This wasn't the purpose of the maintenance, but there was an opportunity to change these before the weekend and we took it. While this change might have mixed reactions, it means we'll be able to lower the cost of items in the Anniversary Token store for the remainder of the event, benefiting those earning them vs buying/selling them. Again, our goal with these tokens is to reward players actively participating in the 5th anniversary celebration. Making these untradable makes rewards more personal now that they can't simply be bought on the trade broker. It also means we'll be able to reward tokens more generously in some areas like special in-game events.

    (Edit again) Regarding bankability, this will be reenabled during 5/16 maintenance. See my comment further in the thread, along with the adjusted week 1 store contents.
  • NPCPakNPCPak ✭✭✭✭
    Spacecats wrote: »
    [...] it means we'll be able to lower the cost of items in the Anniversary Token store for the remainder of the event.

    When will this change become effective?
  • NPCPak wrote: »
    Spacecats wrote: »
    [...] it means we'll be able to lower the cost of items in the Anniversary Token store for the remainder of the event.

    When will this change become effective?

    In the next couple hours. I'll post here with an updated list.
  • PetasoPetaso ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Can you guys atleast be able to let us put them in bank? ;w;
    also the prices for the anniversary items are still really high, didnt change.
  • Haggard86Haggard86 ✭✭✭✭
    I hear they were made unbankable too...
  • I cant undertsand WHY untradeable? So now what? how we can do 600 tokens?
  • SalvatoriSalvatori ✭✭✭
    Spacecats wrote: »
    Added the following to the top post...

    EDIT [5/11/17] - During today's emergency maintenance, Anniversary Tokens were made untradable. This wasn't the purpose of the maintenance, but there was an opportunity to change these before the weekend and we took it. While this change might have mixed reactions, it means we'll be able to lower the cost of items in the Anniversary Token store for the remainder of the event, benefiting those earning them vs buying/selling them. Again, our goal with these tokens is to reward players actively participating in the 5th anniversary celebration. Making these untradable makes rewards more personal now that they can't simply be bought on the trade broker. It also means we'll be able to reward tokens more generously in some areas like special in-game events.

    Untradable I completely understand but unbankable? What's the point of it?
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mieax wrote: »
    Can you guys atleast be able to let us put them in bank? ;w;
    also the prices for the anniversary items are still really high, didnt change.

    I agree.

    I am not against the untradeable tokens but at least make them bankeable so we can use all the tokens we earn with our toons in the same server.

    Otherwise gettin the best price would be almost imposible for those who has irl work and family activities.

    Not everyone share their accounts to another one to play the game as certain people does.
  • UdonPastaUdonPasta ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    ----
    100% chance to drop 3 tokens (rolled loot, shared between players) for the following dungeons:
    Kalivan’s Challenge
    The Abscess
    ----
    should this not be 1 token since the slightly harder dungeons drop 2
    or should i rage for only getting 1 from my run? haha
  • Salvatori wrote: »
    Spacecats wrote: »
    Added the following to the top post...

    EDIT [5/11/17] - During today's emergency maintenance, Anniversary Tokens were made untradable. This wasn't the purpose of the maintenance, but there was an opportunity to change these before the weekend and we took it. While this change might have mixed reactions, it means we'll be able to lower the cost of items in the Anniversary Token store for the remainder of the event, benefiting those earning them vs buying/selling them. Again, our goal with these tokens is to reward players actively participating in the 5th anniversary celebration. Making these untradable makes rewards more personal now that they can't simply be bought on the trade broker. It also means we'll be able to reward tokens more generously in some areas like special in-game events.

    Untradable I completely understand but unbankable? What's the point of it?

    It's to force you to do their required "celebration content." If you run DFHM 5x a day, you'll earn 20 anniversary tokens per day, reaching the minimum 600 token threshold in a month. Think about that, run some of the hardest content in the game FIVE TIMES A DAY, EVERYDAY FOR A MONTH, just to get a "celebration" mount or outfit.

    The only ones really getting tokens are the PVP premades, which I understand are getting 20+ per hour as they slaughter their competition for 8 coins per shot. How a company thinks that forcing people to grind everyday is a "celebration" eludes me. This even isn't fun, and it excludes levelers and players who can't do multiple PUG runs or get accepted to a PVP premade. In a celebration the company should be throwing coins at people, giving them away as daily login rewards, and sure as [filtered] not putting RNG boxes as the majority of the "prizes." For many of us, we'll have just enough to buy a RNG box with a 99% chance of getting a SES worth 150 gold. Ignoring this whole event is probably the best one can hope for.

    EME, it the players aren't happy, if the players are pissed at you, if the players think that your lack of understanding is done in malice, not only will we unsubscribe, (I did) but we'll also refuse to participate in your gift giving scam "event," and remain hostile to an organization that we white knighted for just days ago. On Monday I was an EME fan who looked forward to this anniversary event. Today I'm reluctantly enjoying my last day in-game as I finish my download of your competitors game.
  • Spacecats? Hello? why isnt my post here?
  • edited May 2017
    The new prices are now in effect for week 1 Anniversary Token shop. A new item has also been added:
    • Valliant Potion: 5 Tokens
    • Strong Canephora Potion: 5 Tokens
    • Strong Bravery Potion: 5 Tokens
    • Federation Supply: Goddess's Blessing: 10 Tokens
    • True Ultimate Elin Elite Box (Loot Box): 25 Tokens
    • Squared Circle Loot Box (Males Only): 30 Tokens
    • Rowdy Rodeo Loot Box (Females Only): 30 Tokens
    • Chromaplasm Weapon Skin Loot Box: 32 Tokens
    • Rogues Half Mantle: 150 Tokens
    • Blizzat's Remembrance (Smart Box): 350 Tokens
    • Formal Wear Costume Box (Smart Box): 450 Tokens
    • Conjurers Costume Kit (Smart Box): 450 Tokens
    • Orville (Permanent Character Mount): 450 Tokens

    As for the bankability, I agree it makes sense for them to be banked between characters. That will most likely get changed on Tuesday during maintenance, in time for week 2 store items. If there's a week 1 item you're really gunning for and you think it should be carried over to week 2, I'm open to that feedback given the changes made to the whole system. Things should be more consistent for the rest of the token event.
This discussion has been closed.