[PC] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 12/10 at 8am PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

Un-equalized gear in FWC

Comments

• LancerJiva wrote: »
    You're clearly new here.

Back when fwc was un-equalized it would pop all the time without power hours. Reverting it back would make that happen again and players can use their hard working gear..

That was a was in a tera world where +15 didn't exist. I know for me I didn't step foot in FWC when +15 was introduced.
  • W7GNYAP55AW7GNYAP55A ✭✭✭
    NikuroTega wrote: »
    W7GNYAP55A wrote: »
    I'm all for un-equalized FWC. Pre-RMHM patch where queue would pop almost anytime of the day. It was on par with the old FWC golden days.

There has been multiple times where the so-called "elite +15" players or premades have lost to a team that was better organized. It just takes more of a team effort and communication, which makes the game entirely more satisfying.

Currently, un-equalized gear does in fact favor classes with high burst and short CD classes(i.e. Valkyrie), and immensely disfavors healers, who die almost instantly from high burst crits or KD chains. I can see how this may attract players who aren't too keen in pvp whom also fail to realize the imbalances of equalized gear.

Bringing un-equalized FWC brings more balance to the table than what equalized FWC currently offers, as well as instant queue pop.
    Elinerd wrote: »
    non-EQ gear only worked when the game wasn't p2w. The game is also grossly unbalanced with speed and CDR etchings.

Energetic etchings are your best friend to keep up with the speed and CDR meta. Js.

This game isn't P2W. It's more of Pay4Convenience. I've seen players with full +15 gear, with rookie status on dungeon runs, and the worst KDA ratios in BG.

Just because someone can obtain gold(by someone's hard work farming) faster through EMP sell, buy the best gear(by someone's hard work farming), doesn't mean they automatically become PVE/PVP gods. It takes time to learn the intricacies of a class, and become decently skilled for class efficiency.

akSzdpp.png

No. This idea that "bursty" hero is dominating equalized gear battle is non-sense. If you have un-equalized gear, those same bursty hero will be MORE BURSTY.

You've obviously never tried taking down a healer with decent gear that has stacked attack speed, CDR, endurance, and crit resist, have you?

Make FWC un-equalized.

If you want equalized gear BG, do CS.

You obviously never dueled a Brawler with attack speed, Valkyrie with insane cool downs, Sorcerer with insane crits, Crit Mystic, and a healer who can single handily heal the entire team back to full health in a matter of seconds.

Make FWC equalized.

If you want un-equalized gear BG, do Gridiron.
  • roxxapoxxroxxapoxx ✭✭✭
    roxxapoxx wrote: »
    People who claim P2W also don't spend their time gathering and making etchings or using any of the methods for in-game gold making.... so it's pretty hilarious.

Yea and one of that main method of making gold in-game is to run FWC. But if you un-equalize it, say bye bye to that casual gamer and new comers! Because you're forced to go +15 your gear into order to get the rewards in FWC or tough luck.

They should just create a balance system. But anything like that is too much to ask. But screw all of us hardcore gamers that grind for hours in hard mode to gain our +15 gear.. with nothing to show for it. We're also the ones paying to play. :) So yeah... catering to casual gamers and new players sounds wonderful.
  • ...you folks will destroy this game even more with your bs. "Make it unequalised." No keep it equalized." Make up your [filtered] minds. For one I know the reasons why people want equalized and why people want
    unequalised...I knew the frusteration of queing unequalised fwc I I can recall very clearly.

The pain of full +15 renegade and tensus manifest or whatever going in multiple times queing in full premades and wiping everyone out. Showing their to be no contest even if you were organized you'd just get slaughtered unless you had some hard carries to carry the raid.. I can already remember.

The salt the drama the constant. kicking of players and constant back and forth. Healers that could not be killed because their gear far overpowered everyone else and DPS that massacred multiple people inn a few blows scoring riddiculouse amounts of points.

I remember it being unfair to the rest of us pvpers who got full mid tier gear or max full ,+15 gear only to wind up stuck with full pve players and it get wiped out entirely with no chance of winning even with carries.

I do not want to see that again not do I ever want to experience that bs again. Healers have every right to complain about equalized I suppose but I have the argument of.

you aren't meant to be tank class are you? Not meant to be able to survive a raid of 10 or 15 people hitting you by yourself not meant to be as heavily enduranced as plate wearers.. you wear clothes you chose a cloth class you want something tankier go play a plate class.

You're a healer you are not front liners you are not tanks you are not the unholy gobs of bs that a paladin class would be. You have a weakness you are squishy and you are meant to need people to help you survive. That is the sort of class you are.

Making it so you can survive ten people by yourself not because you are skilled or your teamate decided to help peel but rather because " my gear is better then everyone else every bit of damage does almost nothing to me I'll never die now."

Is irritating bs that needs to be taken out of the game. You do not deserve to get to live forever but you should not also get to die one hit.

Enmasse needs to go back and fix all equalized gear. Different stats for different classes and different damage reductions instead do if mostly being the same across all boards giving some classes a specific great advantage or disadvantage.

That is what needs to happen to hell with this unequalised bs unless your just some [filtered] who wants to go around massacring everyone to feel like their gear was worht it. Gear should be a sense of progression but it should not make everyone else obsolete and [filtered] it should be

"hey I can do a bit more damage now then what I could and have some more survivability." But it should not make one "invincible and invulnerable to everyone else."

The only time fwc was balanced was vm1-vm3 vm4-vm8 and now 9 became unbalanced when there were no other lower tier PvP gear sets that allowed you to stand a chance against the ultimately geared.
  • MagichanMagichan ✭✭✭
    Id second the Gridiron suggestion. Merge Bomb cancer with +15 tryhard cancer so I only have to resent 1 Battleground.

Unequalized could only work if pyres mattered more, but FWC has changed into... well, Gridiron really.

"But I want to use my PvP gear!" Join a PvP guild and do GvGs.
  • xoBarbxoBarb ✭✭✭
    ...you folks will destroy this game even more with your bs. "Make it unequalised." No keep it equalized." Make up your god [filtered] minds. For one I know the reasons why people want equalized and why people want
    unequalised...I knew the frusteration of queing unequalised fwc I I can recall very clearly.

Yeah why can't everyone have the same opinion on topics
    ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    u ok?
  • Xobarb your [filtered] should honestly be banned for your bs spam. If you have a point to make say it once and don't spam a thousandd question marks like a moron.
    edited May 2017
    People who claim P2W also don't spend their time gathering and making etchings or using any of the methods for in-game gold making.... so it's pretty hilarious.

Yea and one of that main method of making gold in-game is to run FWC. But if you un-equalize it, say bye bye to that casual gamer and new comers! Because you're forced to go +15 your gear into order to get the rewards in FWC or tough luck.

They should just create a balance system. But anything like that is too much to ask. But screw all of us hardcore gamers that grind for hours in hard mode to gain our +15 gear.. with nothing to show for it. We're also the ones paying to play. :) So yeah... catering to casual gamers and new players sounds wonderful.

That's category prejudice. EME and yourself are wanting to change FWC into a +15 just so those elitist can show off their gear while at the expense of other players in the game? No. It's favoritism for only the strongest, while everyone else can't have the piece of the pie. I do not stand for that kind of logic or reasoning.

It's a big deal because FWC gives the BEST rewards in terms of battleground, and they're literally making it a +15 only zone. And you have to get your +12 mid-gear before even joining. That is controversial to what Spacecat has said about making Battleground separate from Dungeons.

The current system we have, allow PvP users to enjoy battleground and avoid PvE. It gives a balance for those who doesn't like PvE content (like myself.) Changing FWC into un-equalized gear forces me to play PvE content + spend money to try to get +12 mid-tear gear and even that won't do. Because I'll need to +15 my gear with a VM set and then I'll need to spend money on T4 Etchings. This is unacceptable.

If everyone wants un-equalized gear so bad, make Gridiron the un-equalized gear battleground and stay away from FWC. At least with Gridiron, players can have a chance against those +15 players with crystals (bombs, shield, etc...) And this way, FWC rewards doesn't just carter to one particularly category of players in the game (the +15,) and the rewards can be accessible to ALL PLAYERS.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magichan wrote: »
    Id second the Gridiron suggestion. Merge Bomb cancer with +15 tryhard cancer so I only have to resent 1 Battleground.

Unequalized could only work if pyres mattered more, but FWC has changed into... well, Gridiron really.

Civil Unrest is already a monopoly of the top tiers anyway, let them deal with those top tiers against themselves.
    As mentioned, I remember the full +15 FWC LFGs from the top PVP guilds. You would enter a match against them and go swim or feed if you got the luck of dropping into their adversary team. You could get lucky to not get kicked by them if you enter their team and hog some wins too, luck being the key here.

Now saying "Go CS if you want EQ" makes as much sense as saying "Don't like the lag? don't play the game". CS is PVP only on one of the two rounds, if you aren't ladder guard. There is no option for actual "kill them all" BGs for non +15 people if you move the only options - FWC and Gridiron, if we consider gridiron something - to non-EQ only. And this type of battleground IS needed for the playerbase that doesn't have top tier gear.

Sadly for who doesn't like it, TERA is quite a casual game, there is benefits for the top tier gear and all but their focus is really not on that significantly smaller portion of players.

I'm in to making one BG non-EQ so you could go with your full +15 mad gear and have fun against the other full +15 mad gear guys and see who's good now instead of just mass destruction. But to focus on this instead, I don't think enmasse/BHS should.
  • DarJirDarJir ✭✭
    Current EQ gear favors certain classes. Non-eq gear favors another set of classes, as well as established players who already have experience on their side.

If BHS and eme want high participation (and new blood), the only route to take is to go EQ gear, and adjust it doesn't favor certain classes. Unfair pvp is dead pvp, and debating on which class sets should enjoy pvp at the expense of the others isn't helping the situation.

I'm not sure if they should do anything about the crystal situation. Changes to make it part of the EQ gear set, or keep it as is. There's stuff about either approach that I don't like, but anything to lessen the kicking, salt, and barrier to new people getting into it would be appreciated.
  • TewiiTewii ✭✭✭
    FWC is the highest rewarding battleground this patch, and thus should reward those who put effort into securing better chances for wins.
    Nobody is going to disagree with that, arguing against that is like saying 'REEEEEE VSHM GIVES THE MOST PVE MATS AND BEST VANGUARD ITS ONLY FOR +15 ELITISTS.'

Also just to correct you, healers cannot tank 15 people on them at once. That is a gross overstatement and is entirely false. If a group of people are struggling to kill a healer, perhaps considering using your stuns and staggers.
    But in Equalized gear, the most frustrating thing in the world is for a single flanker to push the starting mid's back line and shred me because their mobility and offense outweighs my avoidance and defence, not -slightly-, but by such a monumental disparity that my health gets chunked off completely within a single stun combo. ...and then the team that doesn't peel or prevent flankers screech in raid chat that I'm not healing them.

Arguing that Gridiron should be the unequalized BG is also moot - heals are halved in there and with the supposed 'even more burst damage because +15!!!' it'll drive healers away even more, negating one of two PvP roles (if we consider the two roles DPS, and Healing) from unequalized play.

Now here's the problem.
    The Equalized weapons have insane attack modifiers compared to the defenses of the equalized gear, and better stats offensively when compared to the defensive stats of the armor.

A +15 Awakened Dragonsroar has ~21k attack modifier and 25 PvP attack.
    A Conflict Cannon has 21.5k attack modifier and 40 PvP attack.

A +15 Awakened Blightail Robe has 7.7k defense modifier.
    A Conflict Robe has 7.3k defense modifier.

Based on the 15 extra PvP attack mod alone the gunner is going to be doing a lot more damage than +15 vs +15. Factor in the power and decent offensive stats on gloves etc, and the fact that the defensive gear has -no PvP defense whatsoever- you can quickly see that unequalized gear is actually far worse to play against than at least semi decent gear. Pre-RMHM patch, I know some people that were intentionally wearing lower tier gear just to get that sweet 22k attack mod and 40 PvP attack.

Even mid tier, properly rolled, holds up well enough against +15 gear, certainly better than EQvEQ and last patch, Conflate was valuable in PvP as a near-BiS (and some pieces were BiS, even considering behemoth) and is perhaps the cheapest PvP gear we've had.... ever.

There really is no excuse, and the argument that equalized is less frustrating and imbalanced than +15 is for those who would be sitting in the provided conflict gear or using incorrect rolls anyway.
    The argument is literally People who put no effort in vs People who do put effort in. The sensible thing is to reward those who actually put effort into reaping the rewards.

Make FWC rewarding to play again, rely on at least a vague sense of skill instead of just oneshots, and incentivize people to gear for the content they are actually playing.

PvP died when everything became equalized. Fix it and perhaps 2/3rds of my friendslist that no longer queues might bother again.
  • NikuroTegaNikuroTega ✭✭✭✭
    I'm all for un-equalized FWC. Pre-RMHM patch where queue would pop almost anytime of the day. It was on par with the old FWC golden days.

There has been multiple times where the so-called "elite +15" players or premades have lost to a team that was better organized. It just takes more of a team effort and communication, which makes the game entirely more satisfying.

Currently, un-equalized gear does in fact favor classes with high burst and short CD classes(i.e. Valkyrie), and immensely disfavors healers, who die almost instantly from high burst crits or KD chains. I can see how this may attract players who aren't too keen in pvp whom also fail to realize the imbalances of equalized gear.

Bringing un-equalized FWC brings more balance to the table than what equalized FWC currently offers, as well as instant queue pop.
    Elinerd wrote: »
    non-EQ gear only worked when the game wasn't p2w. The game is also grossly unbalanced with speed and CDR etchings.

Energetic etchings are your best friend to keep up with the speed and CDR meta. Js.

This game isn't P2W. It's more of Pay4Convenience. I've seen players with full +15 gear, with rookie status on dungeon runs, and the worst KDA ratios in BG.

Just because someone can obtain gold(by someone's hard work farming) faster through EMP sell, buy the best gear(by someone's hard work farming), doesn't mean they automatically become PVE/PVP gods. It takes time to learn the intricacies of a class, and become decently skilled for class efficiency.

akSzdpp.png

No. This idea that "bursty" hero is dominating equalized gear battle is non-sense. If you have un-equalized gear, those same bursty hero will be MORE BURSTY.

You've obviously never tried taking down a healer with decent gear that has stacked attack speed, CDR, endurance, and crit resist, have you?

Make FWC un-equalized.

If you want equalized gear BG, do CS.

You obviously never dueled a Brawler with attack speed, Valkyrie with insane cool downs, Sorcerer with insane crits, Crit Mystic, and a healer who can single handily heal the entire team back to full health in a matter of seconds.

Make FWC equalized.

If you want un-equalized gear BG, do Gridiron.

I've dueled everything you've mentioned. Though, I have no idea what dueling has to do with un-equalized FWC. Crit mystic, and healer(I assume priests?) who can single handedly heal an entire team back to full health in a matter of seconds? Hmm... :thinking: Sounds exactly like what a healer is supposed to be able to do.

Gridirion is just a smaller and laggier version of CS with bombs and toxic crystals. Perfect for people who want equalized gear.

Make FWC un-equalized, like it always was since the release of Tera.
  • NikuroTegaNikuroTega ✭✭✭✭
    Magichan wrote: »

Except, FWC is a PvP BG. FWC has always been un-equalized since the release of Tera NA, if I recall correctly. At least, that's how it's been since I began playing Tera on March of 2013.
  • There used to be both an eq and un-eq FWC. Only one popped. It's pretty clear a majority of the PvP community preferred the unequalized version. It's not hard getting a conflate set or misery gear now, which only has slightly lower attk modifier than +15 ambush. So yeah, all these excuses of +15 premade cancer is pretty moot. If you want functional gear, you can easily get it. There's no longer separate pvp and pve sets like in the past with tensus/lucid, renegade/generation.

The only reason OP has stated for wanting FWC to remain EQ is so he/she get the box with the best reward. PVE favors players with better gear to run harder instances. PVP SHOULD favor players who work to obtain better gear. All those arguments about full +15 premades ruining games are irrelevant. If you played against them in EQ, they would still smash you because they took the time to learn how to PvP. MT has turned into a PvE server now that every BG has become EQ and there's no open world pvp. That pretty much sums up how players feel about FWC.
    edited May 2017
    vtctma wrote: »
    There used to be both an eq and un-eq FWC. Only one popped. It's pretty clear a majority of the PvP community preferred the unequalized version. It's not hard getting a conflate set or misery gear now, which only has slightly lower attk modifier than +15 ambush. So yeah, all these excuses of +15 premade cancer is pretty moot. If you want functional gear, you can easily get it. There's no longer separate pvp and pve sets like in the past with tensus/lucid, renegade/generation.

The only reason OP has stated for wanting FWC to remain EQ is so he/she get the box with the best reward. PVE favors players with better gear to run harder instances. PVP SHOULD favor players who work to obtain better gear. All those arguments about full +15 premades ruining games are irrelevant. If you played against them in EQ, they would still smash you because they took the time to learn how to PvP. MT has turned into a PvE server now that every BG has become EQ and there's no open world pvp. That pretty much sums up how players feel about FWC.

Excuses? Let me make this more clear for you. The reason they separated BG and PvE content is to make it more enjoyable for both sides of the spectrum for players who enjoy PvP or PvE.

I enjoy PvP, I do NOT like PvE, nor am I willing to buy any of the feedstocks to gear up the gear. That isn't excuses, that's just me preferring PvP content over PvE. You're telling me to sacrifice all the resources and income I've generated through the market just so I can stay relevant in FWC un-equalized? How selfish.

You are literally forcing players who enjoy PvP content to run PvE and spend their currency in-game to gear up just so we can participate in FWC for the rewards. Lets measure up the cost and time it takes to gear up properly for an un-equalized FWC.

T4 Etchings x2 = 200k
    T3 Etchings x2 = 120k
    Spellbinds, Semi-Enigmatic, Master Enigmatic, Feedstocks, Alkahest = 200k minimal to get +12 on all gear
    Mastering +12 to +15 ==> Lets not even go there, but I'll give it a total of 500k for all gears.
    Time it takes to get a VM set ==> I'll give it a month if doing it the hard way, no money spent, and you don't play 24/7. (1 weapon)

Mannnn, just so I can stay relevant and win those reward prizes more, I have to invest in 1,200,000 million in-game currency. Tough luck casual gamers, new comers, and anyone who wants to use battleground as a source of income! You won't be able to use FWC (which has the best rewards) because it has now been un-equalized and only the top tier guilds with all +15 will probably run sack that entire battleground 24/7. And lets not forget, a big blow to PvP content players only (like myself) who avoids PvE content because it's utterly boring and time consuming.

Lets look at Civil Unrest, look at how that's performing... Oh wait, it's run sacked by top +15 tier guilds who probably run those injector also.