[PC] We are aware of issues surrounding the event EP booster, and are working to resolve this. Currently, we are working towards having this fixed on Tuesday, 02/25 in a hotfix maintenance. We will have further details as we approach this fix. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

tfw Tera EU has better anniversary than NA

Comments

• YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    4WTY6CE5JN wrote: »
    kamizuma wrote: »
    spoiled by mongos xd

Top notch reply by the player council member

He's not really wrong. The complaints over events has increased since the first Mongo. Even when events are generally rewarding there still are complaints because it's not as much as the first Mongo from a time+effort:reward. While the current event could still be improved, expecting it to reward you more than dungeons for minimal effort out in the open world makes no sense. Events should mostly be centered around Dungeons, Battle Grounds, and any possible social interactions with these effortless pinatas being any extras from time to time. The constant open world pinata events where you one shot stuff, or leach off of raids for high rewards has definitely spoiled many people.
  • VixVix
    edited May 2017
    Yamazuki wrote: »
    spoiled by mongos xd

He's not really wrong. The complaints over events has increased since the first Mongo. Even when events are generally rewarding there still are complaints because it's not as much as the first Mongo from a time+effort:reward. While the current event could still be improved, expecting it to reward you more than dungeons for minimal effort out in the open world makes no sense. Events should mostly be centered around Dungeons, Battle Grounds, and any possible social interactions with these effortless pinatas being any extras from time to time. The constant open world pinata events where you one shot stuff, or leach off of raids for high rewards has definitely spoiled many people.

You're a player council member? Really? You, of all people, should be heading efforts to improve this for the players rather than just parrot the "official excuse." There are multiple players posting in another thread about how many coins players have. At this rate NONE will receive anything but trash from RNG boxes. Player council members should be demanding that the players be represented and appreciated. You should be there reminding EME that without players they go out of business, and the current "events" show nothing except that EME is a bunch of money grubbing cheapskates that don't care about the players. If you're not doing that, you're derelict in your duties and should be replaced with a player that will represent the actual player base.

Based on your above quoted comment, you seem to think that the burden should be on the players, but I'll remind you that the PAYING PLAYERS are the customers, and the burden to produce is squarely on EME's shoulders. Players play for fun. When your event aren't fun, players leave and TERA closes. Generosity in this event costs EME NOTHING. A showing of goodwill costs NOTHING. It's insane that EME hasn't gtten the hint and already packed "surprrise weekend events" besides the run DFHM 150 times for an ugly pig mount.
  • edited May 2017
    Vix wrote: »
    It's insane that EME hasn't gtten the hint and already packed "surprrise weekend events" besides the run DFHM 150 times for an ugly pig mount.

Well, they already made substantial changes since it was "DFHM 150 times," but people don't seem to have noticed, or are only remembering the original state for how discouraging it (rightfully) was.

Player Council has been pushing for improvement to the event (in the midst of all the rest going on), but it's not like there isn't truth in the other argument either. I really don't think the issue is "generosity" as much as it's fretting over balance. As you see from the other thread, there are already players who earned over 400 tokens despite the lag and other issues, so making something that's good for "everyone" and won't be farmed to silliness by hardcore players is always the challenge.
  • EndevaEndeva ✭✭✭✭✭
    TWMagimay wrote: »
    Btw, why not have 2 types of tokens? One that's easily farmable and gives nontradeable stuff(like, for example, smart dyads) and the current one. Maybe even conversions between the two(or just from the current to the lower ones).

I think that's actually not a bad idea.

I suspect that the people at EME who came up with this event idea saw it differently than the way most players see it. They saw it as allowing people to earn cash shop items without anyone having to pay any money to them -- so for them, they're giving away items that have direct monetary value, and so to them the prizes are "better" than the EU event for the most part (where the only cash shop prizes are buried under lots of RNG, or involve paying one way or another). But as you point out, these items can already be purchased on the broker. Now, from EME's point of view, it makes no difference to them who gives them the money, so they didn't think that perception through.

They were probably also thinking about the fact that people complained a lot about how different events have devalued consumables way too much, so another event that gives away consumables would just devalue them even more. Hence cash shop items...

Anyway, between that and their conservative fear of over-rewarded (scars from Neon Mongo), I really think they never anticipated the reaction to be this bad. But having a second type of token that gives non-tradable, non-cash shop prizes that are still desirable could open the door to some other events methods that would be better-received.

Ginjitsu wrote: »
    spoiled by mongos xd

Even before Mongos event was introduced, there were better events like T-E-R-A event... I was able to buy Jadeheart for 2k on the Trade Broker which event the poorest Tera player could afford!

Just imagine for Tera 5th anniversary... paying 2k for Elins cars!!!
    I think people also complained a lot that that mount became so absolutely worthless. But I really don't think they care about that Elin car anyway since it's a landmount, so they probably could literally do that if it would make people happy.

You're right! It should be 2k for Nightfury Dragon :D!
  • edited May 2017
    Ginjitsu wrote: »
    You're right! It should be 2k for Nightfury Dragon :D!
    lol - yeah, we know that's going to be vetoed by BHS...

Anyway, I hope they do have other open worlds aspects to the event in the days to come one they feel the server headaches have settled down. The general feeling is that at least it's getting better, but there's more work to be done. While that's still out in the open, it's not a good idea to add too many more variables.
  • Yamazuki wrote: »
    spoiled by mongos xd

Expecting it to reward you more than dungeons for minimal effort out in the open world makes no sense

You are actually claiming that giving players a reason to explore the beautiful landscape of tera makes no sense. Keep shitposting PC member

• edited May 2017
    spoiled by mongos xd

Expecting it to reward you more than dungeons for minimal effort out in the open world makes no sense

You are actually claiming that giving players a reason to explore the beautiful landscape of tera makes no sense.

Be fair. You should know full-well that there is no "exploring the beautiful landscape" done during these events. There are well-known paths that people exploit to oblivion to maximize their rewards while the players unaware of these paths end up with scraps while the tradeable prizes are devalued. I mean, I enjoy blue box events too, but it's pretty problematic now (as that one Kyra's event showed). Any proposal to use this event has to at least consider this aspect to it.

• ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is escalating fast into a street fight of players vs Player Council members.

Ok so, if I remember correctly, player council members main task is to redirect the feedback from mainly the forums, to EME. They do not work for EME, nor they have any kind of power to decide something to happen.

Now, I think that the real issue is to have a balanced event. If the rewards are easy to obtain, it will motivate players to farm them, but in doing so, the rewards would become worthless due to the sheer abundance of them, causing complains like the ones we saw with Jadeheart.

However, If the rewards are more challenging to obtain, players would still complain about the event being not worth the time. And the ones who do actively participate from the event and earn one of the rewards, would be casted aside by the community. If enough people complain, EME would make the event easier, making those who rightfully farmed the rewards, feel betrayed looking at what they worked hard for, is now being massively distributed due to a minority that said "this event is too hard, is not worth it"
  • 4WTY6CE5JN wrote: »
    spoiled by mongos xd

You are actually claiming that giving players a reason to explore the beautiful landscape of tera makes no sense.

Be fair. You should know full-well that there is no "exploring the beautiful landscape" done during these events. There are well-known paths that people exploit to oblivion to maximize their rewards while the players unaware of these paths end up with scraps while the tradeable prizes are devalued. I mean, I enjoy blue box events too, but it's pretty problematic now (as that one Kyra's event showed). Any proposal to use this event has to at least consider this aspect to it.

Sounds to me like they need to fix those exploitable paths. I spent a lot of time running around looking for blue boxes and grabbing lots of screenshots of tera's environment in the meanwhile because I came across places I never would otherwise.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    You're a player council member? Really? You, of all people, should be heading efforts to improve this for the players rather than just parrot the "official excuse." There are multiple players posting in another thread about how many coins players have. At this rate NONE will receive anything but trash from RNG boxes.
    You may want to read more than the first couple words of any post:
    While the current event could still be improved, expecting it to reward you more than dungeons for minimal effort out in the open world makes no sense.

Not everyone enjoys being forced to run around the open world looking for pinatas/boxes almost every single "event" due to the fact these events have typically been far more rewarding than running dungeons/battle grounds. This isn't how the event should be 'improved'.
    Player council members should be demanding that the players be represented and appreciated. You should be there reminding EME that without players they go out of business, and the current "events" show nothing except that EME is a bunch of money grubbing cheapskates that don't care about the players.
    Feedback is forwarded frequently, when any is actually stated. Although, beyond demanding box like events and effortless open world stuff no one has said much about what they would like regarding rewards. Within this thread the only post about the rewards themselves, rather than solely how it is obtained, was posted by @TWMagimay The idea of multiple tokens for example is a good idea to allow a wider range of rewards without worrying about one method being far too rewarding.
    If you're not doing that, you're derelict in your duties and should be replaced with a player that will represent the actual player base.
    The player base as a whole can not be represented by a single person, everyone has their own interests, play times, goals, etc. This is why there's more than just myself, I am only representative of mainly myself and anyone with similar perspectives.
    spoiled by mongos xd

You are actually claiming that giving players a reason to explore the beautiful landscape of tera makes no sense. Keep shitposting PC member
    Running around in a circle smacking a pinata isn't exploring the landscape. Or in the case of raid based stuff, teleporting around with elite while not really doing anything isn't either. Some instances are visually designed well too (Br and TS for example).
  • edited May 2017
    Zoknahal wrote: »
    Now, I think that the real issue is to have a balanced event. If the rewards are easy to obtain, it will motivate players to farm them, but in doing so, the rewards would become worthless due to the sheer abundance of them, causing complains like the ones we saw with Jadeheart.

However, If the rewards are more challenging to obtain, players would still complain about the event being not worth the time. And the ones who do actively participate from the event and earn one of the rewards, would be casted aside by the community. If enough people complain, EME would make the event easier, making those who rightfully farmed the rewards, feel betrayed looking at what they worked hard for, is now being massively distributed due to a minority that said "this event is too hard, is not worth it"

Yes, this "balance" is exactly the heart of the problem with all events, including all the past ones that have generated so much forum drama. As I said before, the die was cast when EME decided this event would have cash shop prizes, which means to them the prizes are valuable (to EME) and so should not be farmed into worthlessness. But, in response, it gets the complaint that it's "too much like a job" (even though some players have actually farmed the needed tokens).

As said earlier, the proposal of having a second kind of token for open world farmable prizes (with a different prize pool) may be more feasible. That would be the suggestion (so far) that I think has some winning chance given the factors at play. Nevertheless, it is extremely likely that people will still complain because the prizes from the second pool will be "not worth it."

Sounds to me like they need to fix those exploitable paths. I spent a lot of time running around looking for blue boxes and grabbing lots of screenshots of tera's environment in the meanwhile because I came across places I never would otherwise.
    No argument there! I agree completely. I was doing like you too, actually. But, until BHS fixes it, we're kind of stuck.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    spoiled by mongos xd

it just than before we could hunt letter in may where we want, now our event in may 2017 is buy in the tera store :confounded:
    spoiled by mongos xd

you know what people are right when they say than player council only defend enmasse interest and dont represent the players
  • edited May 2017
    vkobe wrote: »
    spoiled by mongos xd

it just than before we could hunt letter in may where we want, now our event in may 2017 is buy in the tera store :confounded:

Well, it's basically like Kyra's, except for three things: 1) you can't buy tokens like you could catalysts (which I'd generally say is good), 2) you can save up to select prizes from a merchant (rather than only RNG; I generally think a merchant is better than RNG too), and 3) there's nothing for leveling players right now.

I think at least the third part needs to be improved.

vkobe wrote: »
    you know what people are right when they say than player council only defend enmasse interest and dont represent the players
    An event where select players exploit and devalute the rewards for all is not in the best interest of any players. It renders the event utterly meaningless (and makes it better off not to participate at all).

That doesn't mean the current event is good, but you have to think carefully about the alternatives that are beneficial to all. If we don't try to think rationally about the problem and consider it from all angles, EME will never ever listen to us at all.
  • MirakaelMirakael ✭✭✭
    Yeah, sadly. It's going to be in the #seenzone post. Hopefully they'll come up with a good event somehow.
  • VorlonVorlon ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    They could fix all events by having all items bind to account, non tradeable, and placing an account wide limit of mats per event. For example, can only gather a maximum of 500 alkahest. All items that the player receives are bind on pick up if they are mailed to the player or bind on account if item is pick up in the world. This way the players that can farm hardcore can't acquire more mats than what the developers allow them nor can they profit from said event.