Keyboard and Mouse Support for PS4?

Hey guys, not quite sure where this would go so I figured this would be the safest place to post.
I've been trying to find whether there will be keyboard/mouse support when Tera releases for PS4. I've looked on reddit and here but couldn't find any info. If anyone knows anything about this it would be appreciated.

Comments

• LatzaLatza ✭✭
    What you CAN do (and I've done this myself to play Destiny on my PC) is use the streaming service the Ps4 provides and then install a controller simulator. Controller simulators are laggy, though. But you can change the settings, keybindings, and such if you figure out what you're doing. Other than that, using mouse/keyboard setup on consoles is most of the time considered an unfair advantage (eyeroll) because they have far better accuracy than controllers do.

TL;DR: There are Ps4 controller simulators you can try, but some games are a bit banhammer happy if people use a mouse and keyboard on a console version.
  • Officially, though, there is just no info yet on this or any of the other console stuff. I suppose we may see a bit more come out next month with E3 coming 'round, but probably more likely late-Summer (if they are planning to hit before the holidays this year).
  • I've thought about using a controller simulator or adapters but the issue of lag is making me hesitant. I really hope they make the game natively support keyboards & mouse considering how many skills there are in the game.

Thanks for the info though, guess we gotta wait till further announcements are made.
  • more than likely not seeing as they are making a completely new UI just for the consoles. So it'll be controller only I bet for that reason.
  • Based12Based12 ✭✭✭
    Latza wrote: »
    What you CAN do (and I've done this myself to play Destiny on my PC) is use the streaming service the Ps4 provides and then install a controller simulator. Controller simulators are laggy, though. But you can change the settings, keybindings, and such if you figure out what you're doing. Other than that, using mouse/keyboard setup on consoles is most of the time considered an unfair advantage (eyeroll) because they have far better accuracy than controllers do.

TL;DR: There are Ps4 controller simulators you can try, but some games are a bit banhammer happy if people use a mouse and keyboard on a console version.

Soooo you'd be using a software to stream tera from your PS4 to your pc, while the TERA PC client is sitting on your drive.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    RemyKool wrote: »
    more than likely not seeing as they are making a completely new UI just for the consoles. So it'll be controller only I bet for that reason.

Don't think so, many/most new PC games that are controller compatible are optimized for both at the same time. As far as the interface I've seen is concerned, it's clickable like normal. Just better for controller and same for keyboard and mouse.
    I would say the port will have both options (obviously trough an USB connected/bluetooth set).

Though it's obvious that we don't have any info on it yet, not even Beta is out yet to test. Just wait to see.

Frankly as a controller player since start I'm not concerned at all, just curious about chat system. Would be great/logical to have support for a keyboard and mouse set too.
  • edited May 2017
    ps4 does not natively support any kind of keyboard and mouse except only one official one that has only few keys on its super skall keyboard. So won't work for Tera.

However, There is an online game called FFxiv and it supports any kind of keyboard and mouse, that is what I heard.

Thus, Tera could support K&M just like the same way as ffxiv.
  • VenakriVenakri ✭✭
    I have a XIM4 I use with my ps4/xb1 to play games. I've had no issues over 2 ish years with it or playing games with it.
  • ps4 does not natively support any kind of keyboard and mouse except only one official one that has only few keys on its super skall keyboard. So won't work for Tera.

PS4 does natively support keyboard and mouse (USB/Bluetooth). The issue is that most games are not compatible with setup since most people would logically use a controller due to it being a console. I do hope Tera supports it, i just can't imagine a chat system and all those skills being comfortably mapped to a controller.

Venakri wrote: »
    I have a XIM4 I use with my ps4/xb1 to play games. I've had no issues over 2 ish years with it or playing games with it.
    Really? No input lag when gaming? I'm still on the fence about those things :/
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    FWM9YP7YAK wrote: »
    ps4 does not natively support any kind of keyboard and mouse except only one official one that has only few keys on its super skall keyboard. So won't work for Tera.

PS4 does natively support keyboard and mouse (USB/Bluetooth). The issue is that most games are not compatible with setup since most people would logically use a controller due to it being a console. I do hope Tera supports it, i just can't imagine a chat system and all those skills being comfortably mapped to a controller.

Venakri wrote: »
    Really? No input lag when gaming? I'm still on the fence about those things :/

Skills mapped isn't a problem at all. On Priest, which is about the max skill quantity along with Mystic, the only skills I've left out are racial ones, Velika TP one, and party summon. Rest all mapped and at the finger tips at controller. Chat in other hand I'm really curious. Sure you can get used to virtual keyboards but... not nearly as fast no matter how good you are at it. Dunno if that PS4 touch pad could have a swipe keyboard or what.

Regarding input lag: that's one GROSSLY overestimated factor. Specially on on-line ones where your ping is an order of magnitude above any input lag, unless you have terribly faulty hardware or signal.
    Even WLAN is one thing that gamers twist their nose at and don't know a single bit about (not saying you, the so called "hardcore gamers" that blabber all kind of BS). If you have strong enough signal = you're not gonna have any noticeable delay. Even mensurable one is hard to find, Wireless protocols don't have delays on the millisecond class, it's way into the microsecond class. Hence wireless controllers were the choice for Xbox 360, PS3 and onwards.

Not trolling your comment but just to add to how much some people overestimate this or believe religiously on it: Seen on Youtube someone who claimed he felt the difference in his playing ability between PS/2 connected keyboard and mice vs USB connected ones, cause he claimed the USB protocol has delays added to it that a true hardcore gamer could feel, and the PS/2 connector standard could react faster and get him more kills.
    Totally not a placebo...
  • LatzaLatza ✭✭
    Based12 wrote: »
    Latza wrote: »

Soooo you'd be using a software to stream tera from your PS4 to your pc, while the TERA PC client is sitting on your drive.

Some people can't afford a gaming PC, but can afford a console. If they have any sort of PC and a good internet connection, they should be perfectly fine streaming it to their PC.

Which is likely the point