[TERA Console] Maintenance to deploy the v86.01 update is scheduled for Monday, September 14 at 7 p.m. PT. Patch notes: http://bit.ly/terac_v86
[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

DUNGEON HIGHLIGHT

Comments

• metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    Babbelsim wrote: »
    When you ran 1 dungeon run you could have 5 catalysts and roll on something great already
    yea man a 5 gold mask is definitely better than what we have now
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    metagame wrote: »
    running stuff getting the catalysts
    hate to burst your bubble bud, but that's exactly what this event is now

It's not though. Kyra was practically everywhere so you could choose what to do and switch it up. Plus, the rewards weren't even close to this level of discouragement. I don't think I've ever heard anyone say "I'm glad I didn't get the jackpot, don't need that taking up space in my inventory" about anything Kyra related(despite how annoying catalysts are, people still actually wanted to get them). Silver lining: I get to catch up on my TV shows instead of doing an event.
  • BabbelsimBabbelsim ✭✭✭
    > @metagame said:
    > Babbelsim wrote: »
    >
    > When you ran 1 dungeon run you could have 5 catalysts and roll on something great already
    >
    >
    >
    > yea man a 5 gold mask is definitely better than what we have now

Well then you had some crappy rolls there bud lol

All i know is my friends, guildies and myself had a wonderfull time and that is what im trying to make clear.
  • Can we just talk about how ABNM is like one of the absolute worst dungeons ever
    Can we just talk about how ABNM is like one of the absolute worst dungeons ever

After seeing DF HM and AB NM being highlighted, I dread next week's announcement.
  • edited May 2017
    > @metagame said:
    > Babbelsim wrote: »
    >
    > running stuff getting the catalysts
    >
    >
    >
    > hate to burst your bubble bud, but that's exactly what this event is now

But is it rewarding? I dont think so.
    When you ran 1 dungeon run you could have 5 catalysts and roll on something great already

Now you get a couple of tokens which gives you nothing realy because you need waaay more for something decent

Well, basically that's because there's a token merchant and it's not just RNG. When everyone can pick what they want rather than just pulling the slot lever, it makes it seem like more work (but you know for sure what you're going to get).

(I sincerely hope the takeaway from this event isn't more RNG prizes...)
    but you know for sure what you're going to get

Not really. Unless they decided not to change the rewards, you still don't know what you are getting or if you are even getting anything at all.
  • edited May 2017
    TWMagimay wrote: »

Not really. Unless they decided not to change the rewards, you still don't know what you are getting or if you are even getting anything at all.

I mean the rewards you choose on the merchant; when you buy a smartbox with the tokens, you know you'll get that smartbox. With catalysts, you just pull the slot lever for it to decide what prize you get. More "prizes," but no choice.
  • DigivolveDigivolve ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing about battleground higlights?
  • StevenAnthonyStevenAnthony ✭✭✭✭
    im realy suprise how eagerly are people, chance to get smart dyad for a 2 minutes run is no enough for this dudes, they still want smart dyad 100% per 40 runs and still complains, plisss

I mean the rewards you choose on the merchant; when you buy a smartbox with the tokens, you know you'll get that smartbox. With catalysts, you just pull the slot lever for it to decide what prize you get. More "prizes," but no choice.

I know what you mean. I just don't think it's entirely correct. Kyra is a slot machine, you pull the lever and hope for the best. This event is online poker. You are trying to bluff but it ultimately doesn't matter and the end result is purely luck based while still giving you the illusion of control and responsibility. I don't know about you, but I prefer getting beeped by RNG than by my own decisions that were made with insufficient information. Also, that shop features loot boxes so it's not entirely RNG-free anyway. I'd make the argument that it's not very different from the last Kyra where you had the enchant mat potion but then you'd probably vanish into thin air....
  • edited May 2017

I know what you mean. I just don't think it's entirely correct. Kyra is a slot machine, you pull the lever and hope for the best. This event is online poker. You are trying to bluff but it ultimately doesn't matter and the end result is purely luck based while still giving you the illusion of control and responsibility. I don't know about you, but I prefer getting beeped by RNG than by my own decisions that were made with insufficient information. Also, that shop features loot boxes so it's not entirely RNG-free anyway. I'd make the argument that it's not very different from the last Kyra where you had the enchant mat potion but then you'd probably vanish into thin air....

Well, if it's not very different in practice compared to the last Kyra's, it shouldn't be having the same negative reaction it's getting (aside the fact that it started out way too restrictive).

In the end, the only RNG is not knowing what the prizes in week 3 and 4 will be, so the "gamble" is whether you choose to spend your tokens now or wait to see if there'll be better prizes later. (Top prizes from week 1 will get carried into week 2, so that risk is somewhat mitigated.) But chances are that most of the prizes from previous weeks will end up on the broker anyway, and there will probably still be some desirable ones later, so there will probably be a good trading market.

I suspect the way they expected people to think about it was more like playing each week to earn a prize that week, but the carry-over gives people a chance to at least earn something over time. I would have preferred to see the full prize list visible, but I suppose they may have been trying to prevent people saving up all their tokens to devalue one single item on the last week. (But then again, based on the reaction to the event, I doubt there are nearly as many tokens in circulation as they were originally worried about. All the precautions they took suggest they were extremely worried about farmers devaluing the rewards in a way they seem less worried about when the rewards are pure slot machine.)
    edited May 2017
    Well, if it's not very different in practice compared to the last Kyra's, it shouldn't be having the same negative reaction it's getting (aside the fact that it started out way too restrictive).

The "it's not very different" refers specifically to the loot boxes not the event as a whole. You know, those boxes that may contain a semi or a costume or some other random stuff? As long as those are in, you can't stand there and tell me how "you know exactly what you are getting" because, well, you don't. The event as a whole is significantly worse than Kyra because it puts this responsibility on you while you also have no control over the situation. That is a terrible thing to do to a person.
    But chances are that most of the prizes from previous weeks will end up on the broker anyway, and there will probably still be some desirable ones later, so there will probably be a good trading market.

You make it sound like those items aren't on the market already and haven't been on the market for months or even years.
    I doubt there are nearly as many tokens in circulation as they were originally worried about.

Who saw that coming.... Everyone except the event creators, I guess.....
  • edited May 2017

The "it's not very different" refers specifically to the loot boxes not the event as a whole. You know, those boxes that may contain a semi or a costume or some other random stuff? As long as those are in, you can't stand there and tell me how "you know exactly what you are getting" because, well, you don't. The event as a whole is significantly worse than Kyra because it puts this responsibility on you while you also have no control over the situation. That is a terrible thing to do to a person.
    I was only referring to the anniversary tokens themselves that you spend on the token merchant.

And, well, "a terrible thing to do to a person" is a bit far. They're extra rewards you can get for playing the game. Maybe the event was poorly designed and implemented, but people will get free stuff from it anyway. We should push for it to be better, of course, but the intention was not to do "terrible things" to anyone.

Who saw that coming.... Everyone except the event creators, I guess.....
    They still have scars from Neon Mongo, the Kyra's with blue boxes, etc. Now the pendulum has swung too far the other way. But I suspect it'll be some time before it finds a happy medium, even after this experience. The community chastened them enough about how all their previous events did horrible things to the game, and they probably saw that themselves too.
  • MontblanckMontblanck ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    im realy suprise how eagerly are people, chance to get smart dyad for a 2 minutes run is no enough for this dudes, they still want smart dyad 100% per 40 runs and still complains, plisss

The fact that Smart Dyads don't hurt the economy in any way (it's untradeable), an especially useful item to efficiently use niveots (getting tired of saying hello Vigorously Virulent Niveot [filtered] you), its exhausting way to farm to get one (and get a Vigorously Savage Niveot wtf), and its applicability to EVERY class in game makes it one of the most perfect rewards for any event.