[TERA Console] Maintenance to deploy the v86.01 update is scheduled for Monday, September 14 at 7 p.m. PT. Patch notes: http://bit.ly/terac_v86
[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Your Most Terrible Dungeon Experience?

edited May 2017 in PvE Discussion
What is you most terrible dungeon experience?

Mine is when I IM for SCHM in the last patch and was matched with 3 players new to the dungeon and one pro healer. Chaos ensured whereby the DPS kept getting swiped left right centre, while the tank kept rotating the boss round and round. We wiped countless times, when we couldn't pass the 70% DPS check, when the tank was swiped into fire etc etc. And in the end, we decided to give up and disbanded. I don't blame them though, I was in their shoes when I first tried out SCHM, just that I had a party who carried me hard.

Comments

• KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭✭
    DFHM IMS when the VM9 patch arrived (so, about a week ago). Obviously no-one in the raid was ready for the buff that dungeon got, because people were showing up in Guile and Starfall, with about 2 of us having Misery or Ambush. It was a disaster as we couldn't get past the first boss, and people left after a few wipes, so we just disbanded.

Second try (with a better prepared LFG group), we made it all the way to Verno, only to be greeted by horrible lag and desyncs. After two hours on it (lots of wipes, but we wanted to clear it, dammit!), I had to leave, my gaming allocation spent for the night. I hope the others finally cleared it.
  • SelenyaSelenya ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    DFHM beause of.... DFHM lmao :p
  • LYC14LYC14 ✭✭✭
    Agreed! DFNM and DFHM are cancerous dungeons in this patch, with bosses having >1b++ HP and HM having high endurance
  • I like DFHM this patch ._.

Did a KD recently where the DPS was so bad that it took what seemed like 25-30 minutes to kill first boss. Someone comments "that was easy" in party chat and I could barely contain myself.
  • This was back in AIHM days where last boss, I was stuck circling around the shield phase and self healing with the other heal - a mystic - was trying to res the rest of our raid. That died. In about 2 min into the last boss...still not sure how that happened. Then the mystic died some way or another and I was stuck circling around; had to leash the mystic in so they could res everyone else. Q.Q
  • MinimanaMinimana ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Every time i get this stupid popori zerker who always queue as tank on IMS even tough he cant tank for [filtered], every single run we end up disbanding or he and his stupid friends start kicking people because they dont get carried, now i just quit whenever i see him.
  • MarcusCrassusMarcusCrassus ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Necromancer Tomb yesterday.
    The Mystic dont know he have a lock on heal skill. He/she just throw 3 [filtered] and go to "dps" the bosses.
    No cleans, no lock on heals.
    Worst of it is i tryed gently to explain that skill, tryed in english and in spanish... No way.
  • HaloistHaloist ✭✭✭
    Gotta be the ones where really bad players get into dungeons through IMS, who keep dying again and again while doing trash dps, then start cussing at you when you tell them they're bad, no matter how nicely. This kind of toxicity is what makes dungeon experiences terrible imo.
  • Yesterday, ran dungeons for 8 hours to try and get Misery Boots and Gloves. only 2 LA drops in those 8 hours and lost both rolls. I am still angry about how [filtered] the Light Armor drop rate is.
  • Yesterday, ran dungeons for 8 hours to try and get Misery Boots and Gloves. only 2 LA drops in those 8 hours and lost both rolls. I am still angry about how [filtered] the Light Armor drop rate is.

You can also buy the Misery pieces with Interhold Tokens, which are pretty easy to farm.
  • HastrerHastrer ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    My first IMS on Timescape (first time TM came), my party just wiped on three [filtered] before first boss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh yeah, that one made me quit from tera, One day i queued to DFnm (first time dfnm was out) then i accepted a "on progress" run, it was on final boss:
    - The entire fight the healer didn't heal me a single time, and when boss was on last bar, someone just reseted the boss,.
    - Turns out that entire PT was just a bunch [filtered] guild members, who was doing that to every single tank, not healing him, reset the boss and laugh at the ramdom tank.
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Hastrer wrote: »
    My first IMS on Timescape (first time TM came), my party just wiped on three [filtered] before first boss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh yeah, that one made me quit from tera, One day i queued to DFnm (first time dfnm was out) then i accepted a "on progress" run, it was on final boss:
    - The entire fight the healer didn't heal me a single time, and when boss was on last bar, someone just reseted the boss,.
    - Turns out that entire PT was just a bunch [filtered] guild members, who was doing that to every single tank, not healing him, reset the boss and laugh at the ramdom tank.

I am surprised dfnm last boss actually need healing o.o. Even on its original difficulty you don't really need much healing lol

My worst experience is when a tank blatantly use mostly AAs and shouts to keep aggro. In short, I became a sorc tank.
  • MidokuPastaMidokuPasta ✭✭✭✭
    Liliths Keep. I was a very experienced player in the keep, only died one time * up until this particular day*

Had to do instance matching to get a tank and one DPS. we had a healer from my guild who begged to run with us.

Our tank could not hold aggro, our healer it seems forgot how to heal, and the DPS had no crystals. It was a nightmare I ended up pulling aggro constantly and we died over 10 times, it took us 2 hours to complete 1 run , of Liliths Keep ...normal mode.
  • ArdireArdire ✭✭✭✭✭
    wait.. how do you reset the last boss of dfnm... ? you can't leave the room i thought. unless the entire raid purposefully killed themselves? O.o
  • TSNM-- the recent re-installment. I was healing, a friend of mine was on his warrior, and we decided to instance match. Not our brightest moment. We somehow made it to Yana, where my War friend and I had to duo mid turns, he soloed inner and stuns, and I kept up with outer. He was tanking. The other DPS were constantly on the floor, and Yana had managed to absorb the Sun and Demon ( attack buff and defense buff x 2. )

What made it the worst run for me was the time duration. We soloed her, but it took us a good 25-30ish minutes. I didn't mind helping the three DPS learn the fight. I felt pretty good that we basically soloed Yana, but I've learned my lesson.