[TERA Console] Maintenance to deploy the v86.01 update is scheduled for Monday, September 14 at 7 p.m. PT. Patch notes: http://bit.ly/terac_v86
[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Download the most recent patch version?

server status up but how to fix this issue?

"Download the most recent patch version"

Comments

• ShikineShikine ✭✭✭✭
    Probably restart your launcher and let it download the most recent patch version.
  • Having the same thing even after restarting launcher and downloading the new patch. >_>
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it running in administrator mode? If it's not on default location in Windows 10 it will need it.
  • lily89lily89 ✭✭
    Try to redownload the whole launcher and install it to overwrite your old launcher file . it does work sometime if not try to repair file from your launcher to see if it works .
  • I'm getting the same problem. I've never had something like this before. Anyone else encountered this problem?
  • If nothing else works, try the steps here:
    https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/comment/117660/#Comment_117660

It would particularly help if someone could tell me the IP address of the patch server you're on before doing the second half of the steps.
  • same thing reinstalled 2x

It would particularly help if someone could tell me the IP address of the patch server you're on before doing the second half of the steps.

Could someone with this issue please try this:

1. Click/press the Start/Windows button and type "cmd" (without quotes) and enter
    2. Type "ping patch.tera.enmasse-game.com" (without quotes)
    3. Post the IP address you get on the first line

For example, for me it says 206.248.168.162. Knowing what it's saying for you might help solve this problem.

Hi I did this and got

For this step
    3. In the newly-opened Notepad window, open the file: "C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts" (you can paste this including quotes in to the File -> Open dialog box).

I could not find any similar file in my computer.

Tried deleting game.version files and repatching a few times nothing worked.
    please help

Thanks
  • asfdag wrote: »
    Hi I did this and got

Thanks! Confirmed that this is a bad patch server node and reported it. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

asfdag wrote: »
    For this step
    3. In the newly-opened Notepad window, open the file: "C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts" (you can paste this including quotes in to the File -> Open dialog box).

First thing to see is where your Windows is installed. If it's in a different location, that would explain it.

You can open a command prompt and type:

echo %WINDIR%

...and press Enter, and then on the next line it will tell you where your Windows folder is. For example, for me it's "C:\WINDOWS". Once you know that starting part, you should just have to add "\system32\drivers\etc\hosts" to the end of it when opening the file in Notepad.

Please note that you may not actually see the file appear regularly in Notepad or if you browse for it. You may have to do File -> Open in the Administrator Notepad, and then type/paste the full name into the File name box.

Hope it works (or that EME is able to fix it soon).

This worked for me. THANKS A LOT !
  • asfdag wrote: »
    Hi I did this and got

Thanks! Confirmed that this is a bad patch server node and reported it. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

asfdag wrote: »
    For this step

First thing to see is where your Windows is installed. If it's in a different location, that would explain it.

You can open a command prompt and type:

echo %WINDIR%

...and press Enter, and then on the next line it will tell you where your Windows folder is. For example, for me it's "C:\WINDOWS". Once you know that starting part, you should just have to add "\system32\drivers\etc\hosts" to the end of it when opening the file in Notepad.

Please note that you may not actually see the file appear regularly in Notepad or if you browse for it. You may have to do File -> Open in the Administrator Notepad, and then type/paste the full name into the File name box.

Hope it works (or that EME is able to fix it soon).

Thank you so much! It worked :proud: :proud: :proud:

I got this 23.77.202.106, but the solution worked for me! Thanks for the help!!

I tried this and got 23.220.203.50, it didn't work! Please help! :(
  • c0gc0g ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    I typed "ping patch.tera.enmasse-game.com" and got 23.220.203.16.

I added the following line at the end of the document C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts (NOT hosts.txt):
    23.220.203.16 patch.tera.enmasse-game.com

I also entered the following in Command Prompt and the system returned "OK!"
    route add 88.134.181.9 23.220.203.16
    route add 88.134.181.27 23.220.203.16

But none of the above worked. I'm still getting the "Download the most recent patch version" when I log on to Tera. Is there anything else I can do, or is this gonna be fare thee well Tera?
  • LYC14LYC14 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Same issue here and the IP address of the patch I got, following the instructions, was 23.220.203.24.

But the fix was not effective and I still ran into the same problem.

What should I do now? Would like to play Tera the next day.

EDIT: I applied the fix wrongly. Apparently, you must use the correct IP, which is: 206.248.168.162 patch.tera.enmasse-game.com. So Tera is fixed now for me :)