[TERA Console] Maintenance to deploy the v86.01 update is scheduled for Monday, September 14 at 7 p.m. PT. Patch notes: http://bit.ly/terac_v86
[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Assuming Direct Control(ler) 2: The Phantom Director

Comments

• SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    edit: found a neat little tidbit... so if i'm understanding the issue correctly is itsn't necessarily a controller issue, it's a character orientation and skill direction vs camera orientation overwrite of the directional usage. so need to do more searching now... it does the same on my reaper on controller and k&m now... ALL camera orientated

Using a K&M defaults to camera direction, which makes sense since you can "pivot" with a mouse a lot easier than on a controller.

It's a pain, but it's not crippling playing as such (for me, at least). Still, some resolution or at least news here and there would be nice.
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    I have no idea what's causing it, I just want it fixed D:
  • perhaps when they code valkyrie it broke? ive seen an update in ktera that they fixed some skills that broke also, dont have the source right now tho
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm that sounds possible

Do you remember when they put up that patch? Maybe that'll give us some sort of clue as to when we'll have it fixed
  • Tenshi1 wrote: »

They broke it in the base game for all regions worldwide when they changed how skill directionality worked for some skills. Probably other regions don't have as many people using controllers as NA and EU, though. Even TERA Console is a project targeted mostly at North America.
  • Replying to keep this topic up. I've adapted but I'm not particularly happy about it still.
  • bump, I've adapted a bit too, but its not the same </3
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    I have too, but like I said, classes with a dodge ability OR reaper I can do decently. The others, not so much :( I won't even play them until it's fixed

Last time I played with my husband on my lancer, I got too annoyed to even do it. I mean, no one wants a bad lancer, especially at end game.(I was good until this happened)
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    My husband told me his trick, that he used the right thumb stick button to re-direct the camera behind where the character is facing, maybe that will work for y'all :)

I just can't learn how to do that very well. I've tried it, but I'm struggliing

@Halrath any word from BHS yet? I know you're getting hotfixes today, so they have to be working on it, right? Please?
  • Was not included in today's patch notes. Looking like it will be Soon™
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tenshi1 wrote: »
    My husband told me his trick, that he used the right thumb stick button to re-direct the camera behind where the character is facing, maybe that will work for y'all :)

I just can't learn how to do that very well. I've tried it, but I'm struggliing

@Halrath any word from BHS yet? I know you're getting hotfixes today, so they have to be working on it, right? Please?

Yes, clicking the thumbstick makes the camera reset position to behind character. Tho I can imagine how annoying it would be to who had it set opposite of me.

If it got broken when some skills had independent movement of the setting, like Priest backstep, then it happened precisely on Valkyrie patch right, albeit the Valkyrie's code has nothing to do with it, I imagine at least.
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes it broke on the valk patch :/ I just though the valk was meant to do the skills in camera direction, then when I played some other classes, I learned that it may not be how her skills are intended, but a bug itself :/
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    Was not included in today's patch notes. Looking like it will be Soon™

I was REALLY hoping it was gonna be one of the "Various bug fixes" mentioned in the velik's fate patch

Nope :|
  • ElinLove wrote: »
    If it got broken when some skills had independent movement of the setting, like Priest backstep, then it happened precisely on Valkyrie patch right, albeit the Valkyrie's code has nothing to do with it, I imagine at least.

Yeah, got broken with Honorbound.

This discussion has been closed.