[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

New Player Pro Tips

Hello, I am new to the game (downloading now) and I come form an Aion background. I played Aion like 2 years and have 3 max level characters in Aion.
I heard many people on forums saying that Tera is better or at least more active and populated than Aion.

I actually tried Tera before like 2 years ago but didn't even make it to level 10 that I had to quit. What made me come back is the new lasses that were not available when I tried. Brawler, Gunner, Valkyrie and Ninja. I love ninjas so when is saw the video of that class I said to myself "I gotta download Tera again" lol

I don't know anything about the game, just that has a unique combat system, similar to Skyrim right? I love Skyrim and played days on that game (still playing) so I think i'll like it. Anyway I wanted some pro tips from you guys because I also heard that in Tera you canìt get to max level in like 1 day if you know what you are doing. So do you have any pro tips to avoid to make the game boring, especially at start game? If you can explain me how the game works and stuff would be great!

Is Tera a group play game? I really like teamwork games where you have to clear dungeons and bosses recruiting a tank, healer, dps etc in group. I hear that Tera is not that grindy like Aion as well which is nice.

Also, which is the best server? More populated, people willing to group play etc..

P.S. Can I have a short intro on the classes as well please? I read the website and watched videos but I think a direct opinion from the players who have experience with the game is better.

Thanks!

Oh yeah how can I change the name on the forum?

Comments

• iNjzaiNjza ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Im a super new player so i dont have any tips.. But, if you play on GMT +8 and on Tempest Reach.

Feel free to add me.

Jzana - Tempest Reach
  • ShikineShikine ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    N6GHEY6NCY wrote: »
    Anyway I wanted some pro tips from you guys because I also heard that in Tera you canìt get to max level in like 1 day if you know what you are doing. So do you have any pro tips to avoid to make the game boring, especially at start game? If you can explain me how the game works and stuff would be great!

You can get to max level withing a day, I leveled with a group in 8 hours on Valkyrie release day but we are veteran players knowing all mechanics which ofc made things easier.
    As a solo player later I leveled in 11 hours total gametime.
    You just have to know what you are doing, and reading guides, asking questions from experienced players, reading what others asked can help.

The game is not boring if you find a server you like, can put up with the repetitive content, buggy game and laggy servers. Until a game with similar combat comes out those who tasted the action combat mmo can barely go back to playing tab target games :expressionless:

There are several very good resources to find information:
    1. Essentialmana: the main site of class, dungeon and gearing, progression guides. There is a leveling, basic game systems and "just reached 65 progression" guide
    2. This forum and reddit has many information which you can use or can ask questions, report bugs
    3. Discord, on reddit you can find the link to biggest community discord for Tera, there you can get answers for questions basically in minutes, watch streams and generally chat with tera players
    4. Yosha's site: he has the most in-depth sorcerer guide and he posts useful tips and tricks on his tumblr. He is soon retiring but he is still very much actual.
    5. Thoughtbound the Youtuber: if you hate to read or generally a visual type he made a very good tera 101 series which you can watch, he retired last week but hid videos are still up and most of them are relevant

and many more smaller contributors, which I don't want to list here as I have the feeling this list is extensive enough for a new player like you.

As for starting out, i suggest you:
    1. select a server from the recommendations in the thread i linked below
    2. try a few classes to lvl 9
    3. select one that you like, use a buddy up code on it
    4. join a guild, find friends later on thats willing to help new players, play with you
    5. read guides, reddit, videos, discord and ask questions

Leveling difficulty was increased in this patch so you definitely won't find it boring as bosses are definitely harder to kill, so it gives a challenging feeling.
    Is Tera a group play game? I really like teamwork games where you have to clear dungeons and bosses recruiting a tank, healer, dps etc in group. I hear that Tera is not that grindy like Aion as well which is nice.
    Tera is using the holy trinity system which is 1 tank, 3 dps, 1 healer setup.
    But later in harder dungeons due to the increase in difficulty or boosting personal dps without loosing significant overall party dps the 1T,2D,1 priest and 1 mystic setup is common.
    Raid dungeons always require 2 healers, optimally 1 priest 1 mystic.

Teamwork is essential, not in early dungeons as you learn the game and mechanics but anything above mid-tier end game dungeons require team coordination which in harder dungeons can cause a wipe if you don't work together.
    This is essentially why most parties fail to clear certain content, because they think personal dps is above everything, but in fact teamwork first, and when you are skilled enough you can focus on increasing your personal dps.
    The only grind in Tera is for better gear, and materials because the best in slot (visionmaker #) gear changes roughly every 6-7 month.
    Every patch has different dungeons, but if you are a new player learning all current dungeons which stayed from previous patches will give enough excitement.
    While if you become a veteran you will look for other challenges, eg. personal dps increase, faster clear times after you got skilled in the hardest dungeon
    Also, which is the best server? More populated, people willing to group play etc..
    Read this thread, there is a guide.
    Can I have a short intro on the classes as well please? I read the website and watched videos but I think a direct opinion from the players who have experience with the game is better.
    You can read threads like THIS and read many experienced players view on each class, towards the end it gets more serious.
    Or you can find similar threads from new players asking the same question 2x a day on reddit :)Example1 Example2
    You just have to start playing them and main what you like the most, but you get a general idea of playstyle if you watched lvl 65 gameplay videos.
    I have all classes at level 65 because I find all of them interesting, but maining one is a preference in playstyle.

Good luck