Assuming Direct Control(ler) 2: The Phantom Director

1235»

Comments

• Xiaolin wrote: »
    Another thing I'd like to see for controller support is the addition of extras tray assignment
    I'm not sure how that would work. For me, ALL of my buttons are filled with skills, and I can't think of how extra keys would work unless you had an OP controller with like over 9000 buttons

I just use the mouse/keyboard for my inventory and things.
  • Here's another issue I've been having, and since we're all in this controller thread, might as well ask.

Has anyone had any issue with hotkeying their prime battle solution from elite causing the entire game to freeze? I used to chock this up to my PC but it happens on my 7700k 1080 too, so it's clearly something in game. It'll freeze for 3-4 seconds, whereas if I use a regular one it's totally fine. I'm used to just popping it now, but back when we had to hotkey the charm thing and the nostrum thing and consumables, well, it was an issue. I mostly use my dpad combos for consumables and high cd skills.
  • I’m sorry it took so long to research this issue. Here’s what we found.

Removing the ability to set skills to camera-facing or character-facing is not a bug. BHS intentionally made the change in v54, but didn’t communicate that with us. They also removed the UI elements in v55, also by design. We have expressed your concerns about this matter and emphasized that loss of functionality was a real problem for our controller-using playerbase.

BHS explained that starting in the next build version (v56), some skills will be camera-facing and others character-facing, but we will not be able to configure them. We will publish a list of these skills when we launch v56.
  • edited May 18
    @DYLW5HFXJH
    Yup. I've had the same issue for months. Here's another thing: depending on where it is on the hotbar, the "freeze" is notably better or worse. Why that is the case is anyone's guess.

@Halrath
    Thank you for the update. I know that we are few in number, but it seems odd how that detail would not be relayed to the rest of us, especially with, you know, a console release being slated for later this year and - now I could be wrong here - I'd hazard a guess that approx. 95% of console users play with a controller of some kind.

That sounded saltier than intended. Thank you for the update all the same, seriously.
  • SageWindu wrote: »
    @DYLW5HFXJH
    Yup. I've had the same issue for months. Here's another thing: depending on where it is on the hotbar, the "freeze" is notably better or worse. Why that is the case is anyone's guess.

@Halrath
    Thank you for the update. I know that we are few in number, but it seems odd how that detail would not be relayed to the rest of us, especially with, you know, a console release being slated for later this year and - now I could be wrong here - I'd hazard a guess that approx. 95% of console users play with a controller of some kind.

That sounded saltier than intended. Thank you for the update all the same, seriously.

You're welcome. I'm sorry it took a while to get back to you.
  • Halrath wrote: »
    I’m sorry it took so long to research this issue. Here’s what we found.

Removing the ability to set skills to camera-facing or character-facing is not a bug. BHS intentionally made the change in v54, but didn’t communicate that with us. They also removed the UI elements in v55, also by design. We have expressed your concerns about this matter and emphasized that loss of functionality was a real problem for our controller-using playerbase.

BHS explained that starting in the next build version (v56), some skills will be camera-facing and others character-facing, but we will not be able to configure them. We will publish a list of these skills when we launch v56.

@Halrath

Thank you for a correct explanation. It bothered me a bit to see another staff member belay incorrect information to us. I understand that this was not conveyed to your staff as well, but a quick double check to see something has been completely removed in game seems pretty simple.

Am I correct in assuming v56 will be around the time that we should expect HM, or are the update numbers also used for smaller updates? (obviously not EME only based hotfixes).

I believe my class specifically suffers from not having character direction greatly. Brawler does not have a lot of gap closers, or movement based skills in general. I find myself using my kicks, and other moves, to move myself more often than anything else. When I'm in combat, it's faster to dash, left click right click, piledriver, kick, etc rotation than it is to just walk and I'm pretty happy and proud that I've been playing this class long enough to make it feel natural.

This is the problem. It's natural now. A lot of times I find myself kicking BACK IN to a mechanic only to kill myself and lowering my head in shame. Five years of the same type of usage and then bam, one day it's gone, not even so much as a 'this is coming get used to it'.

Lastly, v56 is already on ktera, right? Is there ANY POSSIBLE way you'd be able to get a move list early, especially at request for brawler specifically? I hate to be greedy about this but as I mentioned in a previous post, this is game breaking for me, it kills my entire rotation, especially when the two premiere bosses at the moment are Darkan and Imp, two bosses that use a wide swing where I'm right now instead of dpsing, just avoiding, because I'm in the middle of 'do I learn how to do this the new way, or is this just going to make me worse later'?
  • DYLW5HFXJH wrote: »

Lastly, v56 is already on ktera, right? Is there ANY POSSIBLE way you'd be able to get a move list early, especially at request for brawler specifically? I hate to be greedy about this but as I mentioned in a previous post, this is game breaking for me, it kills my entire rotation, especially when the two premiere bosses at the moment are Darkan and Imp, two bosses that use a wide swing where I'm right now instead of dpsing, just avoiding, because I'm in the middle of 'do I learn how to do this the new way, or is this just going to make me worse later'?

We have asked for the list, but I'm certain it will need to be translated and checked against our names first. It probably will not be released any sooner than with the patch notes. Sorry.
  • Thank you again for your reply, the best I can ask for is that its made specifically clear there is enough interest in controller play on PC to warrant letting us know about the changes in the future, included in patch notes with other things. This is the sort of thing smaller patch note translators don't usually mention, and most of those guys interest has been waning lately.
  • In yo face beeyotchez told u it was probably intended gg
  • N for the person w.e. ppl always putti g words in other ppls mouths liek really STAHP ron STAHHHHP
  • 5H96Y49G6D wrote: »
    In yo face beeyotchez told u it was probably intended gg

No need for that now
  • @5H96Y49G6D

I'm sorry, but... what?
  • I notice the setting is still in the input file, wondering if that will actually change anything. Didn't bother as I am already used to the way it is, since I was using camera direction from the start.
  • So I took a gander at the patch notes and noticed that the controller issues have been addressed. After reading the changes and how they affect us pad players, I have but one thing to say:

Nice. :smiley:
  • I'M SO EXCITED Y'ALL!!!

Sounds like I can finally pvp with my valk! And use my other classes!
1235»