Character direction skills

Comments

• Well for me, I like to be able to use Cleanse, Healing Circle, and Regen Circle in any direction without having to move the camera.
    You want to cleanse behind you without turning around? Funny. :-)
    Tenshi1 wrote: »
    when I do my shield barrage, which is the main skill I use, she only goes straight...
    And where else is she supposed to go? Sideways? o_O This skill moves your character forward in camera direction. You can even execute 1st hit in one direction, then change camera direction and execute the 2nd hit in another direction.

I guess you guys haven't played Archer much in recent months. They started this with Archer's Backstep, Breakaway Bolt and Chase. Valkyrie patch changes apply to Priest's Backstep and Fiery Escape, Lancer's Backstep, as well as Sorcerer's Backstep and Glacial Retreat, I believe. All other class skills should be executed according to where your camera is looking. For example, Mystic's Teleport Jaunt will move you forward no matter what directional key you're pressing, Slayer's Headlong Rush will make you run forward no matter in what direction you're running. You will still need to rotate your camera if you want to cleanse behind you or leap in another direction with Reaper's Pendulum Strike.

I don't see what using a controller has to do with all this. With or without a controller, Backstep will make you jump forward if you're moving forward or left if you're moving left unless you release the directional key in which case the skill executes as normal when you're standing still - backwards. Same applies to Fiery Escape, Breakaway Bolt etc. I'm sorry if I've misunderstood you but you seem to have got the wrong idea about these directional changes.

• @Sunflare You miss the whole point. I know there are hard coded skills that move you where the camera is facing regarless the setting (bullrush,leash,jaunt,etc).
    With the setting (Use skills in characters direction) you can use most of skills, including archer backstep,glacial retreat,etc where you press de direction.
    Sadly you have to have a controller plugged in and press -start- button with it to see the settings, otherwise you cannot configure it.
    The point is the Valk patch messed up this setting so its the default one even if u try to change it.
    I hope this gets adressed, after playing TERA since f2p with gamepad I cant get to play on keyboard

• Shikine wrote: »
    Although I'd like to add that many people simply abuse this option.
    "Connecting" a controller but playing with keyboard and mouse allows them to use the directional skill usage option without actually playing with a controller.

Honest question: why is that a problem/abuse? I'm not sure I understand why that wouldn't be okay.

@ArcticSphinx
    Are you kidding with me?
    I have to move my camera around to get out of attacks while there are people just connecting a controller but not actually playing on a controller (using mouse and keyboard) just pressing for example S and any leap on a meele class to get out of eg. Nightmare atrocitas color debuff circle.
    I understand they make things easier for them because controller is bad if its not like that, but come on, give us that feature for every skill (not just iframes) for normal players as well or patch it.

This is not a feature meant for players with a keyboard and mouse, work for staying alive like anybody else please :angry:
    @Spacecats
  • Vithroil wrote: »
    With the setting (Use skills in characters direction) you can use most of skills, including archer backstep,glacial retreat,etc where you press de direction.
    Sadly you have to have a controller plugged in and press -start- button with it to see the settings, otherwise you cannot configure it.
    The point is the Valk patch messed up this setting so its the default one even if u try to change it.
    Oh... So it's an issue only for players using a controller? No wonder I've noticed no difference. And the problem is that it was working fine before patch and now it's not? I thought you were ill-informed and/or imagining it, sorry.

Nothing in the .ini files helps? All in-game settings are stored there. I don't have a controller and can't test it myself.

• Shikine wrote: »
    Shikine wrote: »
    Although I'd like to add that many people simply abuse this option.
    "Connecting" a controller but playing with keyboard and mouse allows them to use the directional skill usage option without actually playing with a controller.

Honest question: why is that a problem/abuse? I'm not sure I understand why that wouldn't be okay.

@ArcticSphinx
    Are you kidding with me?
    I have to move my camera around to get out of attacks while there are people just connecting a controller but not actually playing on a controller (using mouse and keyboard) just pressing for example S and any leap on a meele class to get out of eg. Nightmare atrocitas color debuff circle.
    I understand they make things easier for them because controller is bad if its not like that, but come on, give us that feature for every skill (not just iframes) for normal players as well or patch it.

This is not a feature meant for players with a keyboard and mouse, work for staying alive like anybody else please :angry:
    @Spacecats

As I said, I wasn't kidding. Thank you for responding, though.
  • Character direction skills Not yet solved Bad for those who play with control
  • @Spacecats any info about this?

So I played my mystic last night and it doesn't seem to affect them with healing, just like the close combat skill

Also, is the lancer backstep supposed to do what it does now? In the past that's what you would do; jump backward, but now you jump backward in the opposite direction...

??_??
    Glad I don't just have a lancer, it's very frustrating for me and I refuse to do lvl 65 dungeons until this character direction thing is fixed

A controller is the only thing I can use since there's so many skills in Tera
  • edited April 29
    @Spacecats Any news yet?? I didn't see any patch notes

PLEASE get them to fix this!
  • Last post is on April 29 and now news from EME, well boys looks like we have been abandoned. I know that EME has a lot on it's hands, but this issue is breaking the game experience for us. @Spacecats we would like any new please.
  • I’m sorry it took so long to research this issue. Here’s what we found.

Removing the ability to set skills to camera-facing or character-facing is not a bug. BHS intentionally made the change in v54, but didn’t communicate that with us. They also removed the UI elements in v55, also by design. We have expressed your concerns about this matter and emphasized that loss of functionality was a real problem for our controller-using playerbase.

BHS explained that starting in the next build version (v56), some skills will be camera-facing and others character-facing, but we will not be able to configure them. We will publish a list of these skills when we launch v56.
  • Thanks for getting back to us :)

Not a bug...awesome.

But it's good news that some of them will be character facing! When will this version be out Halrath? Looking forward to the list of skills
  • Yeah it sad to find it was an intended change :'c
    v56 is gonna prob out when we get Hardmodes for VS and the new HH, which will take a few months i guess
    wishlist for skill of skills to be character direction for zerk:
    -block
    -raze
    -thunderstrike
    -ciclone
    -lethal strike
    -punishing strike
  • The block is a HUGE one for ANY tank/blocker!

Also my wishlist is for lancer is always shield barrage :)
  • indeed, blockin is aids with gamepad atm, shield barrage should be on the list too
  • Sunflare wrote: »
    Well for me, I like to be able to use Cleanse, Healing Circle, and Regen Circle in any direction without having to move the camera.
    You want to cleanse behind you without turning around? Funny. :-)

It sounds crazy but I've done it before.