Noct situation

1235

Comments

  • DevilzweedDevilzweed ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    i cant delete my post? duplicate
  • Xerray wrote: »
    I always use nocs on my dps and mystic except for lowbie dungeons. It is a normal consumable among high-end players I run with and it is a common courtesy towards your party members to make the run faster and more efficient. And sure you can have 25 min run instead of 15, but who has even time for this. It summs up to a few hours after a short while.
    For achievement I did IMS dfnm on my priest and it was horrible horrible long time (15 min per boss). You know you dont NEED nocs.. but you dont need pots. or crystals. or gear.. but where does it end lol

    ^



    on a side note i question the people that post in this thread and their activities on Tera, why dont we all just save nostrum and save those pots! we dont need em after all right?
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Devilzweed wrote: »
    Xerray wrote: »
    I always use nocs on my dps and mystic except for lowbie dungeons. It is a normal consumable among high-end players I run with and it is a common courtesy towards your party members to make the run faster and more efficient. And sure you can have 25 min run instead of 15, but who has even time for this. It summs up to a few hours after a short while.
    For achievement I did IMS dfnm on my priest and it was horrible horrible long time (15 min per boss). You know you dont NEED nocs.. but you dont need pots. or crystals. or gear.. but where does it end lol

    ^



    on a side note i question the people that post in this thread and their activities on Tera, why dont we all just save nostrum and save those pots! we dont need em after all right?

    Nostrums boost a lot your toon and nocs gives you a small boost. Even the boos of a normal bravery is even better than nocs and if you are complainig about that then why don't say food is unrequired also?

    Low and Mid tier dungeons are good to farm noc and High tier are the ones to spend them.
  • ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Devilzweed wrote: »
    Xerray wrote: »
    I always use nocs on my dps and mystic except for lowbie dungeons. It is a normal consumable among high-end players I run with and it is a common courtesy towards your party members to make the run faster and more efficient. And sure you can have 25 min run instead of 15, but who has even time for this. It summs up to a few hours after a short while.
    For achievement I did IMS dfnm on my priest and it was horrible horrible long time (15 min per boss). You know you dont NEED nocs.. but you dont need pots. or crystals. or gear.. but where does it end lol

    ^



    on a side note i question the people that post in this thread and their activities on Tera, why dont we all just save nostrum and save those pots! we dont need em after all right?

    Nostrums boost a lot your toon and nocs gives you a small boost. Even the boos of a normal bravery is even better than nocs and if you are complainig about that then why don't say food is unrequired also?

    Low and Mid tier dungeons are good to farm noc and High tier are the ones to spend them.

    before you post, maybe you should read the rest of the thread lmao.
    im done posting here i feel like a broken record
  • JerichowJerichow ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe I'm the weird one here but I don't see the point in burning nocteniums through an entire dungeon, especially in normal mode ones. I see it all the time when I queue up, people pop nocts immediately after getting into the dungeon and never turn them off even though we're fighting normal mobs between bosses.

    I just know I'm going to get grilled for these next few paragraphs.....

    It just feels to me like some people are complaining about a "shortage" when in all reality there really isn't one at all. It seems more like these people are just burning through nocts at an unsustainable rate, and they're mad that there isn't a viable method of keeping up with their mass consumption of them. I know if I start running low, i just stop using them entirely for a while and save up every single one I get and in a week or so I have a few thousand to work with.

    If you're burning through tens of thousands of nocteniums in a week, then you really, really need to look at the situation and ask yourself, "Is the way I'm playing sustainable?" because quite frankly, the answer to that is going to be, "No, it isn't."
    DYLW5HFXJH wrote: »
    Tfw all the old dsu players tell me 250k noc is enough for a lifetime and sometimes you blow through 30k a week as a brawler..

    If someone is going through 30,000 nocts a week, then that's not the game's fault. It's painfully obvious that they're never going to keep up with how many they're going through. That's the player's fault for even thinking that that kind of gross excess consumption is even remotely sustainable.
    DYLW5HFXJH wrote: »
    ...people like to tryhard, or need that extra boost at the beginning of a patch.

    Needing a boost at the start of a patch is understandable. Needing some way to sustain someone outright gorging themselves on nocts by going full-tryhard all the time isn't.

    Honestly I think the current noctenium situation is actually a good model, and here is why:

    1: It provides a steady influx of noctenium infusions to the market, these are provided by literally every single player that runs any of the main end-game dungeons.

    2: While many of these players may use their nocteniums, it provides those who don't a good and reliable way of making money early on. (Do a handful of dungeons and sell the nocts on broker for a nice chunk of gold. Rinse/repeat, profit.)

    3: It provides the people who need them a reliable way of getting their nocteniums outside of what dungeoning provides. Whether it is the people who buy them for the start of a new patch, or the tryhards that can't seem to function without them, they provide the 'demand' for the other players to 'supply.'

    It just seems to me like some people who have a 'noctenium shortage' simply don't understand that they need to MANAGE their supply of nocts, rather than go through them like water through a pipe. Noctenium, even by the very lore of this game is a rare commodity, one that guilds and factions fought and murdered each other over. The fact that they are seen as even somewhat hard to come by to the player community is actually very fitting into their place in this game. Noctenium Infusions are not something you're supposed to just be able to run to the local trader at the corner of the street and pick up on the cheap.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Devilzweed wrote: »
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Devilzweed wrote: »
    Xerray wrote: »
    I always use nocs on my dps and mystic except for lowbie dungeons. It is a normal consumable among high-end players I run with and it is a common courtesy towards your party members to make the run faster and more efficient. And sure you can have 25 min run instead of 15, but who has even time for this. It summs up to a few hours after a short while.
    For achievement I did IMS dfnm on my priest and it was horrible horrible long time (15 min per boss). You know you dont NEED nocs.. but you dont need pots. or crystals. or gear.. but where does it end lol

    ^



    on a side note i question the people that post in this thread and their activities on Tera, why dont we all just save nostrum and save those pots! we dont need em after all right?

    Nostrums boost a lot your toon and nocs gives you a small boost. Even the boos of a normal bravery is even better than nocs and if you are complainig about that then why don't say food is unrequired also?

    Low and Mid tier dungeons are good to farm noc and High tier are the ones to spend them.

    before you post, maybe you should read the rest of the thread lmao.
    im done posting here i feel like a broken record

    I read all the thread but I am pointing something you said in your previous post.

    If you don't like people to give their thoughts about what you post then you shouldn't make a thread in the first place "LMAO". ;)
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Devilzweed wrote: »
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Devilzweed wrote: »
    Xerray wrote: »
    I always use nocs on my dps and mystic except for lowbie dungeons. It is a normal consumable among high-end players I run with and it is a common courtesy towards your party members to make the run faster and more efficient. And sure you can have 25 min run instead of 15, but who has even time for this. It summs up to a few hours after a short while.
    For achievement I did IMS dfnm on my priest and it was horrible horrible long time (15 min per boss). You know you dont NEED nocs.. but you dont need pots. or crystals. or gear.. but where does it end lol

    ^



    on a side note i question the people that post in this thread and their activities on Tera, why dont we all just save nostrum and save those pots! we dont need em after all right?

    Nostrums boost a lot your toon and nocs gives you a small boost. Even the boos of a normal bravery is even better than nocs and if you are complainig about that then why don't say food is unrequired also?

    Low and Mid tier dungeons are good to farm noc and High tier are the ones to spend them.

    before you post, maybe you should read the rest of the thread lmao.
    im done posting here i feel like a broken record

    Before you reply a post telling others to read the rest of the thread you should read again what you wrote and what people is telling you LMAO.

    If you don't like people posting their thoughts in a thread you make then you are not making any sense at all, the better send a ticket or send a PM at the EME staff.

    When you post in the forums is for people to give their opinion about every single thing you mention, if you don't like it then don't make threads.
  • DevilzweedDevilzweed ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    @ElinUsagi you seem salty :^)

    the reason why i asked the thread to be closed is because people derail the conversation and it ends up being a mess, i will take your post as an example..
    my initial post was about having a way to farm nocts since DSU days are way over, alliance and HH is gone.
    why? there are several reasons why it would be beneficial for the player base to do so
    and then people start saying that i should get good and trying to explain to me what are the damage bonuses of nocts and so on.
    you start seeing the pattern?
    while i do appreciate your contribution its off topic.

    cheers

  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Devilzweed wrote: »
    @ElinUsagi you seem salty :^)

    the reason why i asked the thread to be closed is because people derail the conversation and it ends up being a mess, i will take your post as an example..
    my initial post was about having a way to farm nocts since DSU days are way over, alliance and HH is gone.
    why? there are several reasons why it would be beneficial for the player base to do so
    and then people start saying that i should get good and trying to explain to me what are the damage bonuses of nocts and so on.
    you start seeing the pattern?
    while i do appreciate your contribution its off topic.

    cheers
    Devilzweed wrote: »

    on a side note i question the people that post in this thread and their activities on Tera, why dont we all just save nostrum and save those pots! we dont need em after all right?
    ElinUsagi wrote: »

    Nostrums boost a lot your toon and nocs gives you a small boost. Even the boos of a normal bravery is even better than nocs and if you are complainig about that then why don't say food is unrequired also?

    Low and Mid tier dungeons are good to farm noc and High tier are the ones to spend them.

    You are even a better example of a person who derails his own thread and then you are the one salty becuase someone post about what you wrote on your own thread.

    While I appreciate your contribution its off topic.

    Cheers.
  • definitely salty
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Devilzweed wrote: »
    So how are we even supposed to keep up our noct supply? before i had to play both of my healers to supply my dps but now with bigger health pools you use most of those nocts in a single run.
    170 for vs and vhhm
    I just recently geared a lancer and oh boy, its making stuff way worse lol
    Before we could farm the alliance mobs and thats it you are gucci but what do we have now?
    Devilzweed wrote: »
    thats ghetto
    Devilzweed wrote: »
    i used the last of my DS boxes yesterday, could we get some kind of noct box event? @Spacecats
    Devilzweed wrote: »
    "or you can get better and not need them" you made my day lmao
    Devilzweed wrote: »
    @WolfMaster what tokens? and there is no option in the VG shop for nocts. If you are talking about that random consumable box for 140 it seems like a waste of vgs.
    Devilzweed wrote: »
    @JasonGenerix exactly!
    also why use nocts? so you can farm dungeons faster and if you lancer so you can hold aggro if you are not top geared and got good deeps in your pt. unless you like your bosses perma spinning
    priest use nocts to have more debuff time on Triple nemesis, ress faster and heal for more. those are particularly awesome when you are carrying a run with your priest.
    and dps? well more dps = faster runs = everyone happier

    Devilzweed wrote: »
    2g 2.3g per is cheap? maybe noct is cheap in your server not MT.
    Devilzweed wrote: »
    no offense but you are a cheap basturd, everyone i play with has full 8.5 with dragon brooch and all that fancy stuff and everyone uses nocts
    Devilzweed wrote: »
    i had 800k nocts from dsu and it lasted me 2 patches, my point is if they added a way to farm nocts which high end players consume so much of maybe the fresh players on tera have another way to afford their gear which is always good.
    Devilzweed wrote: »
    yeah i know, they wont do anything about it but i thought maybe id mention it.
    also bringing back dsu choosing the most fun bosses would be amazing but that is never going to happen sadly.
    Devilzweed wrote: »
    @TWMagimay magi you are supposed to support me here


    Devilzweed wrote: »
    @Ketoth archers and mystics consume like 0 nocts lol, on the other hand you have lancer, warrior and ninja which chug nocts.
    but that is another issue for another thread.
    @kirely i swear that was a thing before, but its not anymore or it was never a thing who cares that is not the point of the thread.

    "nocts dont need change you are an elitlist" i am not even going to bother replying.

    right now if you are a fresh level 1 brand new to the game you are kind of screwed as in ways to aquire some coin and making these farmeable is a win win for them and for players like me.
    eme staff already read this and no reply means they wont do anything about it prob because they have bigger fish to deal with, so can we close this thread?
    Devilzweed wrote: »
    @StevenAnthony i do not think you understand the point of the thread son, but since u want to chat here we go
    "pro players" on average consume less nocts per run, "mystics use nocteriums for cast more fast resurrection" every class uses nocts sherlock holmes, just some more than others.
    nocts benefit the average player the most imo and as of now no one uses uncommons to save reg nocts, its just not viable.
    Devilzweed wrote: »
    it was a figure of speech.. facepalm
    Devilzweed wrote: »
    Casuals...


    Devilzweed wrote: »
    Xerray wrote: »
    I always use nocs on my dps and mystic except for lowbie dungeons. It is a normal consumable among high-end players I run with and it is a common courtesy towards your party members to make the run faster and more efficient. And sure you can have 25 min run instead of 15, but who has even time for this. It summs up to a few hours after a short while.
    For achievement I did IMS dfnm on my priest and it was horrible horrible long time (15 min per boss). You know you dont NEED nocs.. but you dont need pots. or crystals. or gear.. but where does it end lol

    ^



    on a side note i question the people that post in this thread and their activities on Tera, why dont we all just save nostrum and save those pots! we dont need em after all right?
    Devilzweed wrote: »
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Devilzweed wrote: »
    Xerray wrote: »
    I always use nocs on my dps and mystic except for lowbie dungeons. It is a normal consumable among high-end players I run with and it is a common courtesy towards your party members to make the run faster and more efficient. And sure you can have 25 min run instead of 15, but who has even time for this. It summs up to a few hours after a short while.
    For achievement I did IMS dfnm on my priest and it was horrible horrible long time (15 min per boss). You know you dont NEED nocs.. but you dont need pots. or crystals. or gear.. but where does it end lol

    ^



    on a side note i question the people that post in this thread and their activities on Tera, why dont we all just save nostrum and save those pots! we dont need em after all right?

    Nostrums boost a lot your toon and nocs gives you a small boost. Even the boos of a normal bravery is even better than nocs and if you are complainig about that then why don't say food is unrequired also?

    Low and Mid tier dungeons are good to farm noc and High tier are the ones to spend them.

    before you post, maybe you should read the rest of the thread lmao.
    im done posting here i feel like a broken record
    Devilzweed wrote: »
    @ElinUsagi you seem salty :^)

    the reason why i asked the thread to be closed is because people derail the conversation and it ends up being a mess, i will take your post as an example..
    my initial post was about having a way to farm nocts since DSU days are way over, alliance and HH is gone.
    why? there are several reasons why it would be beneficial for the player base to do so
    and then people start saying that i should get good and trying to explain to me what are the damage bonuses of nocts and so on.
    you start seeing the pattern?
    while i do appreciate your contribution its off topic.

    cheers
    Devilzweed wrote: »
    definitely salty

    Yep, salty since page 2.

    You should take a rest.
  • clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Jerichow wrote: »
    Maybe I'm the weird one here but I don't see the point in burning nocteniums through an entire dungeon, especially in normal mode ones. I see it all the time when I queue up, people pop nocts immediately after getting into the dungeon and never turn them off even though we're fighting normal mobs between bosses.

    We're in the initial phase of the patch, where for VSNM, VHHM and DFHM, I would be using nocts to heal without question. Yes, I could probably pump out enough heals to do it without.

    But you can never be quite sure just when things are going to blow up in your face (add in server lag, which causes all manner of stuff which means that people take more damage than they should through no fault of their own) and that extra bit of healing power can make a whole world of difference when things do blow up.

    I would not be using nocts for VHNM, BRNM, KDNM etc. These are faceroll enough to be done without. And Devilzweed is referring to the 423 top tier dungeons in their initial post (VSNM, VHHM. TSNM and DFHM), not the dungeon which you can faceroll without.

    Also considering that some people went through and farmed HH and RMHM, where you would want to be using nocteniums as a baseline because they were the top-top-tier dungeons, you can see why some people would want to re-build their stocks of noctenium, because we haven't gotten the top-top-tier dungeons of this patch yet, which will be VSHM (coming in June, if TERA EU is anything to go by) and Harrowhold 20-man. And those look to be quite brutal in themselves.
  • edited May 2017
    I think there is a misconception, which type of player has which consumption, and they assume everyone is talking about their case.

    #1 In my case, as well as of majority of ppl I play with, who use nocs in EVERY dungeon , I run ONLY the 1-2 high tier dungeons. I only ran RMHM and HH last patch, as well as the current hm dungeon and DS. I do NOT run mid tier dungeons where ppl insist that nocs aren't that important. Therefore it is not the fault of my management but the fault of the game, which makes running only high tier dungeons un-economical in terms of consumables. And I could run mid tiers, but 1) i have no time for useless dungeons bc i only have limited time to play 2) i am not interested in them bc done them in previous patches.

    #2 in case of seemingly majority of forum players, they run mostly mid tier dungeons (kd, etc), with a few couple of hm-ones maybe. Therefore they are saying nocs are not needed on a usual daily routine - based on assumption that the daily routine is like that for every other player as well. Therefore their nocs supply is overflowing and they have no understanding for the needs and routine of the other group of players.
  • HippyKHippyK ✭✭
    I kinda wish they'd either just get rid of nocts all together like they did with charms and add the effect to nostrums or alternatively make those greater noct potion things drop like candy like battle nostrums do, so that that they are always buyable for 10g or something and you never need to think about it.

    I get the suspicion that when they were developing the whole noct thing they were looking at games like WoT with the gold ammo and thinking "we should totally get people to spend real money with every skill they use like they do in WoT!" but then realized that the p2w backlash would be too great, but left the noct system in anyway cause they already developed it.

    It may be irrational, but I'd rather spend 100k on an item that provides a 'buff' that lasts a whole gear cycle than spend 80k on a consumable that provides the exact same buff over the same period but feels like it is my money trickling away through my fingers.
  • StevenAnthonyStevenAnthony ✭✭✭✭
    Xerray wrote: »
    I think there is a misconception, which type of player has which consumption, and they assume everyone is talking about their case.

    #1 In my case, as well as of majority of ppl I play with, who use nocs in EVERY dungeon , I run ONLY the 1-2 high tier dungeons. I only ran RMHM and HH last patch, as well as the current hm dungeon and DS. I do NOT run mid tier dungeons where ppl insist that nocs aren't that important. Therefore it is not the fault of my management but the fault of the game, which makes running only high tier dungeons un-economical in terms of consumables. And I could run mid tiers, but 1) i have no time for useless dungeons bc i only have limited time to play 2) i am not interested in them bc done them in previous patches.

    #2 in case of seemingly majority of forum players, they run mostly mid tier dungeons (kd, etc), with a few couple of hm-ones maybe. Therefore they are saying nocs are not needed on a usual daily routine - based on assumption that the daily routine is like that for every other player as well. Therefore their nocs supply is overflowing and they have no understanding for the needs and routine of the other group of players.

    people want farm and no buy, because they dont like others have gold, is no like average player do only mid tier dungeon, and sell nocteriums because they never used (this is your point) ...................... im agree in high tier dungeon you need use in somes cases, but for one reason you do only high tier, and you know when active nocterium buff and when dont .
Sign In or Register to comment.