[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Enchantment System Feedback

Comments

• ArdireArdire ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you've been through all those patches with all those different sets of gear and NONE of them gave you ANY problems to enchant you are one of the luckiest people playing this game

you deserve to run into a roadblock, tbh. reality check my dude, a lot of people get bad luck with enchanting. sorry that your past luck has left you spoiled and disillusioned.
  • Ardire wrote: »
    if you've been through all those patches with all those different sets of gear and NONE of them gave you ANY problems to enchant you are one of the luckiest people playing this game

you deserve to run into a roadblock, tbh. reality check my dude, a lot of people get bad luck with enchanting. sorry that your past luck has left you spoiled and disillusioned.

Past enchantments was not a picnic, but not as frustating as this one. not only me, my guildmates didnt have major problems with their WH sets too.
    Well in that times feedstock didnt exists, we had to do it with "fodder" (fill bank and alts s inventory with fodder was common strategy) and Extensive/Masterwork alkahest wich u obtain farming the 3 first mini bosses of LoT (impossible to do on 2ble drop events) and also farm MES from dungeons or by changing Nexus points.

My enchantment was like 350/500 alkahest, like 100 yellow tier parts, and like 200 blue/green ones for the FULL set (especulations, dont remember the exact numbers) . My guildies similar to mine.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meningitis wrote: »
    LHX5C9N33R wrote: »
    Meningitis wrote: »
    Maybe you should be doing dungeons instead of doing boring farming? You can buy feedstock with gold you get from dungeons. I'm a casual player and only play for maybe 2 hours a day when I'm not afking. I'm in full +12 misery. It's not hard.

Gold in duengeons?? in the run by drop u win no more than idk, 1k gold?? and the reward 200gold. Wow. How many years of dungeon i must spend to get some money and get 100000000000000000000000000000000 tier 11 for just my weap?

If you run dungeons not only is it not boring, but you can roll on weapon crates to enchant your weapon without alk or feedstock. The gold and feedstock you get from running adds up, especially with such short runs for low tier dungeons.

^
    This.

It could be a little bit disapointing becuase you have to win the roll for the gear but you can enchant gear with gear of the same type.

You said that you did IoD BAMs 3 times a day? You mean the ones that gives you interhold tokens? Then that means you are using 3 chars to farm them?

I would assume that you only use 1 toon and do all IoD BAMs.

You get those 2 weeks with a non elite account:
    • 3,360 t11 fs
    • 560 t10 fs
    • 7,280 VG Credits
    • 1,680 Superhold tokens
    • 1,680 Interhold tokens
    • 1,120 Underhold tokens
    • 22,820 Gold

Plus this patch you get from Dougal and Seir:

The Abscess
    50 Personal Extensive Alkahest
    400 t10 fs

Strange Quakes
    50 Personal Rare Alkahest
    10 t11 MES
    10 IIS
    50 t11 Spellbinds

Lakan the Avaricious
    30 Personal Rare Alkahest
    1 ISS

I am only considering the rewards you get that can be used to get enchanting materials

With the 7,280 VG Credits you can but 36 Masterwork Alkahest boxes and get at least 576 Masterwork Alkahest.

With the 1,680 superhold tokens you can get 168 Personal Rare or Extensive Alkahest.

With the 1,680 interhold tokens you can get 112 Personal Rare or Extensive Alkahest.

You can do whatever you want with the underhold since they don't give you enought mats to make a diference.

Are you sure you are doing 90 BAMs per day for 2 weeks?

Those amount of mats seems more than enought for a Misery Weapon if I have to say something.

At least you weren't unlucky as one friend of mine that I lend him around 300k gold in mats for his full +12 Misery set with the best rolls in gear for PvE.
  • edited May 2017
    IOD bams with 1toon i said 3 because there is 3 quests of the mid tiers (teras, fangspawn and the others).
    200 gold per quest, and 30 t11 fs.

In a day 600 gold, 90 t11
    In a week: 4.2k g, 630 t11 fs

I also did some Aces and arenas.

in 2 weeks: 1260 t11 fs, with i burn today on less than 300 seconds to get only a +11 disc xD. (I managed to get 2k more burning alts guile and now 1.1 left on my bank after succefuly make +12).

Edit: I not doing the high tier bams, cause in guile takes forever, and i count with limited time a day to do it.
    Some days i use the alts to make more mid tier bams (A valk and a zerker)
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    IOD bams with 1toon i said 3 because there is 3 quests of the mid tiers (teras, fangspawn and the others).
    200 gold per quest, and 30 t11 fs.

In a day 600 gold, 90 t11
    In a week: 4.2k g, 630 t11 fs

I also did some Aces and arenas.

in 2 weeks: 1260 t11 fs, with i burn today on less than 300 seconds to get only a +11 disc xD. (I managed to get 2k more burning alts guile and now 1.1 left on my bank after succefuly make +12).

Edit: I not doing the high tier bams, cause in guile takes forever, and i count with limited time a day to do it.
    Some days i use the alts to make more mid tier bams (A valk and a zerker)

Sorry if I didn't catch what you mean then. However you shouldn't take that much time to farm your 8 dailies in IoD if you geared correctly in Guile +12 with Tier 2 Etchings and have best PvE rolls on gear. Demense and Demenseborne Accesories are fast to get using underhold tokens also.

Again I excuse my self but what I wrote in my post is what I can do with a Slayer, Ninja and Valkyrie in Full Guile with full demense accesories, a simple brooch, Tier 2 etchings, Yellow inners (not signature innerwears) and a Focused circlet.

I don't use nocteriums with them, only use 1 Nostrum and 1 Bravery Pots and doing all that takes me around 40 minutes per character. Being how you are a PvPer then IoD should be not that hard since the Mobs are slow and predectible.

I don't want to be rude but maybe something on your rotations could be wrong or maybe your are doing PvE content with PvP rolls on gear, that will hurt your time a lot if is the case.
  • TheCatalystTheCatalyst ✭✭✭
    Guile still gud tho. I still ran those t11 dg with guile.
    Are u sure u not dpsing the wrong way?
    ;)
  • berrymilkberrymilk ✭✭✭
    @LHX5C9N33R

What you need is a guild you bum on or do dg feedstock is hard to get people say it easy but if your trying to +15 it way worse then encasing to 12 you can fail up to or more the 100 times and not get 15 currently still 13 after 84 tries and that 200 feed stock and 100 master work alk for each enchantment xD and your made about the new geAR to +12 there is alot of whales on this Game and rng doesn't give anyone justice even the event rng right now as we speak. Even cash shop hero get hit hard with rng never getting the costume you want tera should change loot box's to flat out buying prices for costume atleast for a limited time like there doing for the armor ones.

Right now I'm semi casual and try my hardest to get end game with out paying to win. Emp sellers do have the upper had for gold but still have [filtered] up rng :D tera rng god
  • I am F2P, and I have a Priest main with Reaper/Lancer/Ninja alts. I also work multiple jobs and free time is at a premium. If you're efficient and dedicated to it, you can save up a lot, it just takes you longer than you'd like. I started this patch with more than enough mats to easily get a couple Misery sets and I still have like 8k t11 and 120k gold. Not rich, but self-sufficient.

You just gotta keep doing stuff and pray for better RNG.
  • HastrerHastrer ✭✭
    You shouldn't take more than 5 minutes to kill 10 bams, Valk can kill 2 bams in less than 30sec with Ragnarok.
    Now that brawler dont have GF cooldown, one bam go down in like 30 secs.
    Ninja Still god tier Bam killer.
    But now, if you use slow class like Gunner, Zerk, Slayer, you will be there forever.

And why you losing your time on IOD? Abscess take less than 3 minutes to finish, give you 40 t10 and you can get jackpot of 100 T11, I make 1K T11 in less than a hour just by going there...
  • Hastrer wrote: »
    You shouldn't take more than 5 minutes to kill 10 bams, Valk can kill 2 bams in less than 30sec with Ragnarok.
    Now that brawler dont have GF cooldown, one bam go down in like 30 secs.
    Ninja Still god tier Bam killer.
    But now, if you use slow class like Gunner, Zerk, Slayer, you will be there forever.

And why you losing your time on IOD? Abscess take less than 3 minutes to finish, give you 40 t10 and you can get jackpot of 100 T11, I make 1K T11 in less than a hour just by going there...

Yes, i do it mostly w sorc and zerker. I do it also with 65 valk in guile, yes its faster. But i do not enjoy using her. As any of the new classes.
    Im old fashioned :p
  • I have been playing since 2 weeks before valk release, so I am pretty new (Elite since I started). I work around 70 hours per week, so I am hard core ~ 2 days per week and really casual (because exhausted) ~ 5 days a week.

I WAS kinda proud of my 45k banked gold and the 2400ish (ty abcess) T11 feedstock I had banked. Sadly, it took 40k and all of my banked assets + all of my vanguard credits from 6 max level characters to get my Misery weapon from +9 - +12.

Veteran players may be used to this type of RNG, but personally I cannot stand it, it "feels bad man". I realize I could have made a good deal more gold in the time I have been playing (vets probably laughing at me crying over what is probably a small sum to them) if I did not invest as much time as I have into alts, but alts can also be a good source of income if you have the time to utilize them (I may not, but they are fun as well).

What irks me just as much is the fact I cannot even see how much of a difference my shiny new weapon makes because no meter's allowed in this game.

/rant and essay of tears concluded.
  • 5H96Y49G6D5H96Y49G6D ✭✭✭
    I mean come on... 2.4k tier 11 feedstock just to get +11 a simple Misery weapon?
    2 weeks farming 3 times a day (90 bams) for this?
    I just realized f2p peopple can never win in this stupid game.
    Pay or die.

u take advantage of exploits during events like in every f2p mmo
    me i could care less can tank [filtered] in mid tier gear or less

Other than that yesh DPS hard lyfe like in every mmo gear wise tanks too normally Tera just diff.

• MeningitisMeningitis ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Jinsoyun wrote: »
    What irks me just as much is the fact I cannot even see how much of a difference my shiny new weapon makes because no meter's allowed in this game..
    Are you uh...not looking at the big font numbers when you attack something? Those are a pretty good indicator of how much damage you're doing. Compare your last weapons big crits to your shiny new weapons big attack crits.

It's obviously not dmg/sec but it's still a pretty good indicator. :0
  • NikuroTegaNikuroTega ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Ardire wrote: »
    but anyway op, not sure what you're expecting if you play an hour or less.... you get what you give, and you're giving bare minimum.

I wuld like to play more, but adult peopple with job, sort of family and other dutys have a hard time looking more time for playing.
    Im angry right now cause instead of enjoing my limited time here, pvping in VO... I spend 2 weeks farming like a Japanesse 10 years old player, IOD over and over and over again, some Ace dung, arena and quick things that gaves me t11 just for today , friday, hoping already having at least weapon/glove/and armor +12 in tier 11, and start making some dungeons wihtout being mocked by other t11 full players for my poor dps as Guille sorcerer. But well, i think it will not be possible this weekend. At this pace, will took me 4 months to farm like 10k feedstock and 15k alkahest to get my full +12 crap mid tier and start doing some content. (And PvP wich is i enjoy the most, even with high ping).

The best part, when i finally got the crappy mid tier full. Another patch will come and Oh! Im the low tier [filtered] dps again -.-

I'm an adult, working a full time job, living alone in NYC, have family(my gf and her family), and have several other duties, yet I can still farm everyday like a KoreaChinaJapanese farmer for 2-3 hours and get tons of feed stock, alkahest, and gold.

I have a full Misery Sorc as my main, and I get through 30 top tier IoD BAMs in 10 minutes or less.

Oh, to give you a specific number of what I get in 2-3 hours of easy farming:

1.5k T11 feedstock
    1k MWA
    8k gold
    1000+ Super hold tokens.
    2500(give or take) reward points.

PER DAY

You just gotta figure out how to farm efficiently.

Oh, and there is no such thing as P2W Un this game. Only pay4convenience.
  • NikuroTegaNikuroTega ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Hastrer wrote: »

My Slayer takes about the same time as my Ninja.

My Zerker with the keen buff is faster than my full powered Valk with Ragnarok. I literally 3-shot high tier bams on my Zerker in 5 seconds.