TERA 5th Anniversary Celebration!

Comments

• Revolt23 wrote: »
    Then they make the tokens untradeable..So no BG creds and no Tokens to sell. I guess I will just run dungeons at 280g a dungeon and save to buy a 500,000 gold weapon. Anyone want to do the Math on how long that would take? lol

alot less time than crafting it yourself
  • Just placing this one more time for the future:

1) Your players shouldn't have to be the ones creating threads to give all the details of any major event in your game

2) Cash shop items should never be the main feature of a celebration about your players, thanking them for being a part of your game for five years

3) The sales that you do have should be amazing. People drop thousands on this game and you "reward" them with ridiculous prices. That's pathetic.

4) Your event should involve players at all levels and allow everyone to benefit well

5) You should explain what prizes are. Someone new to the game is going to have very little understanding of what the rewards, paltry as they are, consist of. It's not very hard.
    • Free inner armor token
    • Free 'x' type of mount
    • Free 'x' loot box, guaranteed to contain one of the following:

6) Your community shouldn't have to explain to you how to communicate with them or how to do your job. You get paid to do it, so treat your players with respect and show them that you are both responsive to what they want and that you care about the time, energy, and money that they've put into your title.
  • MitikoMitiko ✭✭
    Just placing this one more time for the future:

1) Your players shouldn't have to be the ones creating threads to give all the details of any major event in your game

2) Cash shop items should never be the main feature of a celebration about your players, thanking them for being a part of your game for five years

3) The sales that you do have should be amazing. People drop thousands on this game and you "reward" them with ridiculous prices. That's pathetic.

4) Your event should involve players at all levels and allow everyone to benefit well

5) You should explain what prizes are. Someone new to the game is going to have very little understanding of what the rewards, paltry as they are, consist of. It's not very hard.
    • Free inner armor token
    • Free 'x' type of mount
    • Free 'x' loot box, guaranteed to contain one of the following:

6) Your community shouldn't have to explain to you how to communicate with them or how to do your job. You get paid to do it, so treat your players with respect and show them that you are both responsive to what they want and that you care about the time, energy, and money that they've put into your title.

I remember that before long the events were fun, and involved all levels.
    Events today are just for end game, and are not fun.
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    At this point I admit I had expected more announcements in the "and much more" category.
  • CandyMomokoCandyMomoko ✭✭✭
    Wasn't there gonna be a special event to earn tokens during the weekend, something about questions? I was online all day and saw nothing.
    Did I miss it? Did it not happen?
    Anyone attended if it took place, and if so how was it?
  • PandkaPandka ✭✭
    Mitiko wrote: »

I remember that before long the events were fun, and involved all levels.
    Events today are just for end game, and are not fun.

That is so true. Now it's not just only for lvl 65 but only those with the best gear.
  • Wasn't there gonna be a special event to earn tokens during the weekend, something about questions? I was online all day and saw nothing.
    Did I miss it? Did it not happen?
    Anyone attended if it took place, and if so how was it?

From the thread made by iLucky:
    " ======= Spacecats Tera Quiz Bowl =======
    I assume this is going to take place every Friday during their streaming slot (3PM PDT). They will do TERA trivia and such and give away prizes. It sounds like the return of spacecat tokens which can be used as currency to get items in game."
    No idea if it happened or not. The info about the stream went up but not teases about it happening during it.
  • I was expecting a large store sale - just like the black friday sale. I was willing to spend my money and maybe even finally get elite (because its summer) Feelsbadman....
  • edited May 2017
    Been a player for 3 years, and while I miss some features, that has not stopped me from enjoying every bit of this game all this time. I'm super excited for many more years of fun, Thanks eme! <3

imgur.com/EtT61R6
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    I've only been here for 2 years and a bit. This game has given me so much fun over that time I cannot even say. Here are some moments, in no particular order.

Popos in Afros, the guild, line dancing in Highwatch.

A guildmate who has a habit of jumping off of high spots finding out why [filtered] Point has that name. (He literally leapt before he looked)

Chasing each other around as Zombies.

The Mandragora Event at Halloween. Peanut will always have a special spot in my heart.

The third anniversary events, when I started my archer, as everyone else made a gunner. Just because, I guess. Had to be different.

Earning my panther mount.

My favorite archer suddenly becoming the most powerful character I have! Not incidentally, starting to seriously think about highest tier dungeons.

Realistic armor! \o/

Earning my diamond laurel.

Getting my first dragon.

Flying. I will never get tired of flying.

Not many pics, as just like in real life, I never think to have a camera at the important moments. I only think about screenshotting later...

Thank you, EME, BHS. I love this game.
  • ElyannElyann ✭✭✭
    This event sucks and keeps sucking, the grind is absurd , boring , only accessible to 65 players and I do not feel "rewarded" at all for my 5 years spent here.
    Prices can't be 475 / 500 tokens when you earn 0 / 1 / 2 tokens x dungeon and when the event lasts 2-3 weeks. It would mean I have to grind at least 250 dungeons within that time...which is simply crazy.
    EU got a much better event and by far, full stop.
    I'm only just glad that I haven't been playing for the last week due to how demotivated this made me feel, maybe I'll keep doing it.
  • Celestial Hills server down, died in th event... fix it pls ;w;
  • I don't really like coming in here to be negative, but this was very disappointing for an anniversary event. I've been playing Tera for 5 years, but tokens only dropping from level 65 dungeons...? That was a very bad idea, as you exclude the casuals that don't even have a level 65 yet. The black wings were very nice, but there was really no incentive to do anything. You could have had a month long BAM event...collected the words T E R A for prizes...anything. I still like this game and will still play, but this wasn't what I hoped for. :(
  • MirakaelMirakael ✭✭✭
    MajHavok1 wrote: »
    I don't really like coming in here to be negative, but this was very disappointing for an anniversary event. I've been playing Tera for 5 years, but tokens only dropping from level 65 dungeons...? That was a very bad idea, as you exclude the casuals that don't even have a level 65 yet. The black wings were very nice, but there was really no incentive to do anything. You could have had a month long BAM event...collected the words T E R A for prizes...anything. I still like this game and will still play, but this wasn't what I hoped for. :(

Yeah, that's what I thought too.. Like an event where every one can participate. Right now, it's only for end game players and mostly who loves to grind dg a lot. Sadly for me, I have work to do every weekdays, so far I only got 250+ tokens and the Anniversary event is almost over. And I don't know if I feel the "Anniversary" event. Because for me, it's just another day of grinding dg with rewards, just like Power Hours on battleground. To be honest, if only they'll give some memorable moments for us :( It's my first year celebrating the game after all.

But anyway, lets wait and see if there are surprises ;D
  • Also find it really strange to base the event off of this...Server has been having so much lag lately that playing in general is a chore, so let's do events where you have to beat and grind level 65 dungeons where 1 small lag spike can easily kill you. So I decided not to even bother with it, not with the lag spikes that I have been having, rather just level up another character than be pissed off constantly dying because I couldn't dodge an attack. So I just stick with leveling up my other characters or doing anything that you can do solo since I don't want to [filtered] people off by being useless when I can't do anything.

At least if we had a BAM event or T E R A letters event, everyone can join in and it'll be much more fun for everyone than grinding the same dungeons over and over...I mean, we literally grind dungeons over and over on a regular basis, why make an event that forces you to do it even more?