[PC] Naslow's Treasure Map Items have been temporarily disabled while we resolve an issue. We appreciate your patience and understanding!

FF experiencing pretty bad lag spikes right now

going from 68ms to 700ms back and forth. been happening since i logged on 20 minutes ago. i asked a few guildees and they say they're having the same thing.

Comments

• Yeah, truly hard play with those spikes.

Question: What is the point of having 400+ peopple AFK in HW or whatever doing nothing but consuming server resources?
    Eme can make a simple 30 minutes iddle check. (similar to the afk system on Bgs), u didnt move for like 30 minutes, not even talk, no nothing then kick me, and logout. Less resources spended on useless clients connected to server.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    LHX5C9N33R wrote: »
    Yeah, truly hard play with those spikes.

Question: What is the point of having 400+ peopple AFK in HW or whatever doing nothing but consuming server resources?
    Eme can make a simple 30 minutes iddle check. (similar to the afk system on Bgs), u didnt move for like 30 minutes, not even talk, no nothing then kick me, and logout. Less resources spended on useless clients connected to server.

Make it 15 minutes.
  • FaytEsteemFaytEsteem ✭✭✭
    managed to hit 17635 ping yesterday in VS, then dropped down to 3675 ping then back up to 17635.
  • why is it that the least populated server seems to be the only one suffering from spikes? Zzzz
  • It's a little unclear from the comments in this thread, but do you guys think you all experienced the same lag spikes as ShadowOfLight? How long did it last and about what time range did it occur? Were you in a dungeon or in open world?

@ShadowOfLight - did anyone in your guild or party also complain about the lag spikes when they happened to you?

I realize this comes across as "it's your ISP not us" but like Geletron said in his sticky post, the first step in diagnosing something like this is eliminating common and easily identified issues.
  • Also getting this in FF. It was happening World wide and during CU. I remember hearing "Laggggg!" from almost all 30 people in the discord when it happend during CU it seemed to happen to everyone. Haven't experienced this in BGs though.
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    It's a little unclear from the comments in this thread, but do you guys think you all experienced the same lag spikes as ShadowOfLight? How long did it last and about what time range did it occur? Were you in a dungeon or in open world?

@ShadowOfLight - did anyone in your guild or party also complain about the lag spikes when they happened to you?

I realize this comes across as "it's your ISP not us" but like Geletron said in his sticky post, the first step in diagnosing something like this is eliminating common and easily identified issues.

Yes, we all noticed it around the same time. It died down a little like an hour later though.
  • Huge lag spike 2 minutes ago. It is not our ISP, since the entire global chat erupted complaining about this.
  • RotomuRotomu ✭✭
    I had a huge lag spike on the 2nd boss of VH. Literally chat went dead and skills had a huge delay, but my movement was fine and so was everyone else's movement in the raid. We were able to all run behind the rocks when the mechanic happened even with the huge spike. It lasted like a good 40 seconds.
  • SaphirKanzakiSaphirKanzaki ✭✭✭✭
    >rant about lag
    >nobody is posting tracert

Yeah, it's totally like carrying a smartphone and claiming that you didn't take a photo of the UFO that just flew by. But it was there!!
    See, there are really server problems. But as long as you are not able to work with a simple tracert (smartphone), it's very difficult/impossible to help you. And to have a ping of 17635 ms, I'd rather look into your household. Because this is a complete blockage (17 seconds!) of the pipeline and in most cases caused by someone in your household downloading/streaming/torrenting.