Ping Booster Question?

anyone using a certain ping booster that really helps with pings 200ms or more? I've tried using Leatrix Latency Fix (which is free), but somehow there's no difference.

Comments

• DelusoDeluso ✭✭✭✭
    It's illegal to discuss about that here. Go to red *ahem* dit..
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Learrix is crap, just let me tell you this, no discussion for 3rd party, byt ping booster won't help u that much, even paid ones, used pingzapper for a week not much change but when changed my ISP things got way better.
  • Varg707Varg707 ✭✭
    Ping is dependent 99% on your distance from the game servers. No matter what program you use, there is only so much it can help. Most of the time improvements in ping seem to be about 5-8%. So it's pretty much an unnoticeable improvement when you have 200ms.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deluso wrote: »

I would say that discussing 3rd party programs that directly intercept data from the game and turn it into something else, like easy to read numbers (it says this on the ToS too) are illegal and not allowed to be discussed on the forums. However, i think, just might, that i once saw an answer of a GM regarding the use of "Official" programs such as Pingzapper and WTFast, as this type of programs do not intercept or meddle with the stream of data of the game, but only allow you to tunnel your connection through a private network allowing for better ping and stability overall.

Perhaps the Player Council has better info on this as they can somehow talk directly with EME.
  • DelusoDeluso ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Zoknahal wrote: »

I would say that discussing 3rd party programs that directly intercept data from the game and turn it into something else, like easy to read numbers (it says this on the ToS too) are illegal and not allowed to be discussed on the forums. However, i think, just might, that i once saw an answer of a GM regarding the use of "Official" programs such as Pingzapper and WTFast, as this type of programs do not intercept or meddle with the stream of data of the game, but only allow you to tunnel your connection through a private network allowing for better ping and stability overall.

Perhaps the Player Council has better info on this as they can somehow talk directly with EME.

Yeah right, PC will talk to EME...
    Where is that famous 3rd Party "officially" opened by EME? Oh wait! Found it buried in page 15~

kXL7vEG.jpg

They are listening to us, right?
  • edited May 2017

This is correct, by the way. VPN software is allowed (heck, VPN technology is built into Windows), and is not the kind of third-party software (since some of these services don't even require any additional "software") the EULA prohibits. The support note about this is here:
    What About Proxies?
    Services that promise to improve your ping and decrease lag may sound promising, but they are frequently used by hackers and criminals who want to remain anonymous. Although we do not block them by default, a proxy or server host will be blocked if it becomes a popular tool for criminal behavior.

Not blocked unless it becomes a tool for wrongdoing. Now whether these services improve people's ping times or not will depend a lot on each individual case; they're certainly not panaceas.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭

Where is that famous 3rd Party "officially" opened by EME? Oh wait! Found it buried in page 15~

kXL7vEG.jpg

They already made clear they stance about those 3rd party programs that were mentioned in that thread.

People that complains about EME not listening are the ones that are not listening in the first place.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »

kXL7vEG.jpg

They already made clear they stance about those 3rd party programs that were mentioned in that thread.

People that complains about EME not listening are the ones that are not listening in the first place.

It's easy to say communication doesn't work when you just don't get the exact answer you want.
    It was clear on that post already.
  • ElinLove wrote: »
    ElinUsagi wrote: »

kXL7vEG.jpg

It's easy to say communication doesn't work when you just don't get the exact answer you want.
    It was clear on that post already.
    Considering their stance on that issue was posted BEFORE the thread was even created with no followup since the thread was created, it's a clear case of lack of communication.
  • SeikilosSeikilos ✭✭✭
    You can ask your ISP to activate the Fast path option for your line. It dropped mine from 195-200 (greece) to 160-170. It's also free. At least with my ISP.
    IT doesn't do miracles and a big portion of the problem comes from the server instability which I guess won't get any attention soon.

This not using a 3rd party program so it should be ok.
  • edited May 2017

Neither of those are official En Masse programs, so please don't discuss them in the forums. That's what is typically meant by "3rd party." It's neither created nor endorsed by Bluehole or En Masse, and it affects your TERA experience. Since these forums are for official discussion around the game, talking about, promoting, or directly linking to programs we don't operate would likely give others the impression that they ARE endorsed (not to mention safe and benevolent, which again we can't control). That's why it's not allowed.

Hopefully that makes sense. Closing this thread, so if you have questions please direct message me.
This discussion has been closed.