[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/21 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Your Most Terrible Dungeon Experience?

Comments

• Two way tie for me..

1. Just 2 days ago, I was training a friend on the new dungeons and took her into BRNM; assuring her it was very easy especially since I'm a healer with over 100 RMH clears and even a mediocre healer should have no problem in BR. We IM it since it is so easy and the tank immediately tells us this is the hardest dungeon in the game to tank and we should be patient with him.... First boss, he doesnt block a single mechanic that I could notice so I was constantly healing him... and it took 30 minutes because the two PUG archers were only auto attacking. Second boss, the tank refines his original statement to say that this boss is the hardest boss in the game to tank. Then he kept trying to tank on the stairs and ended up resetting the boss once. Then he insisted on tanking the boss so his back was to the pond in the middle. Third boss the archers never even hit the boss because they were taking all day killing the orbs using basic attacks. All told that BR run lasted 2 hours and the only reason they made it was because I was an overgeared overexperienced healer for that dungeon. We were too enrapt by watching this trainwreck of a group to even think about dropping out.

2. First time doing SSHM.. We were there for 2 hours learning the dungeon and we were on our last attempt for the night because the tank/healer had to leave. Got him down so low I'm sure a single hit from my priest could have killed him and we wiped. Had to come back the next day.
  • PoofcatPoofcat ✭✭
    There was a time where a friend and I queued into FINM (dps and tank) and we got a really well geared warrior who was constantly floormatting, and when we said that they should be making an effort to play better, our priest went into full-on white knight mode and started trolling us by not healing and pulling us into things that would kill us, and saying that it was instance matching so nobody was 'required to do anything properly'. We tried to kick her and found out that she was from MT. A lot of my experiences in IM after that run proved to me just how many MT players at the time had the mentality that IM was there for people from other servers to carry them :awesome: How things have changed on there, I guess.
  • Two way tie for me..

2. First time doing SSHM.. We were there for 2 hours learning the dungeon and we were on our last attempt for the night because the tank/healer had to leave. Got him down so low I'm sure a single hit from my priest could have killed him and we wiped. Had to come back the next day.

What server are you on? I think there's at least a chance I was the priest in your party...?
  • For me, it has to be the old WHHM dungeon. 4-5 hours trap runs. Last boss at 13% and someone misses the pillar, just epic. Not to mention, that the drops were class bound. So sometimes, you had class-specific chest piece drop, and guess what, we didnt have anyone for that class in our raid. GG. This was all before we had Weapon crates or Chest crates.
  • Also, the weapons, had 3 different stats, For the same weapon you had the Quick, Crit and Power option. So yeah it was a nightmare to get the right weapon you wanted.
  • RMHM wiped countless times. After about 4 hours my party was still wiping. We finally made it to the last bar. Boss was enraged and the lancer and other dps died. In the end the soul [filtered] thing (I forgot what they are called) killed us at 0%. The boss had about a hairline of health left and we wiped. I literally mean a hairline left of health. I dropped that [filtered] right after.
  • MCHM on my zerker... my guild had to carry me through that dungeon for a month before I could get my ES and leap timed to where I could roll out of bad. On my warrior I could do it no problem, i-frames for days; berserker not so much
  • DreadweaverDreadweaver ✭✭✭
    Ss with warrior. I was new to game, had no dmg and then were huge lags. (November I guess it was) since those runs I never was there. And never again. :p
  • MelusinaMelusina ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    These conversations always turn bad, but I'll add my own perspective. Today, we had a healer that wasn't healing well, and he/she even noticed it and said that they were "sleepy" so I had to heal myself, and they didn't even resurrect one of the raid members after the dungeon was over; this happened in The Abscess. It wasn't my worse dungeon run by far.

What makes a dungeon a terrible experience is when you haven't even started the dungeon, and you are all called "noobs" because someone is having a bad day, and wants to take it out on you. I know the mechanics, and when it's a new dungeon, I pay attention and learn from my mistakes. However, I never yell at anyone for not doing well (I have dropped out a couple times, however), but a bad attitude turns me off quicker than someone who is not playing well.
  • czczczczczcz ✭✭✭
    DF, all modes, in every patch. I've stopped doing it altogether now.

Patiently waiting for the next instance cycle when it gets removed.
  • DFHM, a couple days ago, I queue'd as a priest. Tank stood in poison puddles, I pull him out, he goes right back in. Refuses to move, then dies. People try to reason with him, he doesn't listen. Finally he started just swearing at everyone while dead on the floor. Didn't even beat the first boss, 10/10.
  • HysphericalHyspherical ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    I like DFHM this patch ._.

Try tank the first boss as a non-brawler and welcome to hell...

EDIT: In a game with all this mature content, it's really odd that the forums now censor a bunch of non-offensive words.
  • I like DFHM this patch ._.

Try tank the first boss as a non-brawler and welcome to [filtered]...

EDIT: In a game with all this mature content, it's really odd that the forums now censor a bunch of non-offensive words.

I've solo-healed plenty of times and it can be, well...stressful. So I feel you on a different level - I think I just enjoy the stress because it tests my limits as a healer.

Also I'm triggered by the word "filtered" because of these forums.
  • AiressHW wrote: »
    TSNM-- the recent re-installment. I was healing, a friend of mine was on his warrior, and we decided to instance match. Not our brightest moment. We somehow made it to Yana, where my War friend and I had to duo mid turns, he soloed inner and stuns, and I kept up with outer. He was tanking. The other DPS were constantly on the floor, and Yana had managed to absorb the Sun and Demon ( attack buff and defense buff x 2. )

What made it the worst run for me was the time duration. We soloed her, but it took us a good 25-30ish minutes. I didn't mind helping the three DPS learn the fight. I felt pretty good that we basically soloed Yana, but I've learned my lesson.

you do understand the word " SOLO " don't you ?
    It means a person who acts alone... meaning one person. not 2, not 3, only one person.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    While leveling my lancer, I was in an EB run where our mystic kept running ahead of everyone else, pulling the mobs on her own, dying, then blaming us for it.

I was in an old VoK ("old" insofar that this was when AI was all the rage) run when the lancer of all people told us "We need to do this fast, not slow." They ended dropping after the healer let them die, most likely in response to that statement.

Also, old SF (see previous). Party lead kept spamming "Disband" after a bumpy first boss. Everyone eventually said "fuggit" and just dropped as to not give the party lead the pleasure.

I should note this was all within the IMS so... yeah.