[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance on 9/23 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Lancer's Onslaught

Not sure if this has been brought up before but many times I use Onslaught and quite a few times I end up shooting through the boss and going behind it, making the DPS take unnecessary damage and forcing them to move around it. I also almost ruined a DFNM run as I went through Verno and he started shrieking. Now when I use it I always block to cancel it and prevent myself going through the boss, but it takes away a lot of damage. I've notice this happen since I started using Lancer, which was at least a year ago. I don't know if this would be a factor but my Lancer is an Elin and I know Elin have smaller hitboxes.

Comments

• ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is one of the oldest issues in the game that still have no fix. There are some work around this issue tho. I have not confirmed this, as it doesn't happen that often on me, but apparently using the Blazing Shield Bash glyph, will cause this to happen.

Current lag issues also make this bug trigger. I suggest to try to avoid using the blazing glyph and only use onslaught when you feel like there wont be a ping spike.
  • Dyne81Dyne81 ✭✭
    Correct, this is a known issue to every lancer.

it happens the most if your ping is very high, you lag or if you have a sudden lag spike. even if you don't use that glyph
  • feazesherofeazeshero ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Yeah known issue for a long time actually. As others mentioned, you will desync more often on onslaught if ping is high. I'd say around under 60ms is decent for onslaught, optimal is 20-40 ms where onslaught rarely ever desyncs thru. With the recent lagging that occurs from the server, it's bound to desync more frequently though with higher ping. Race shouldn't be a factor and I believe it doesn't matter in terms of hit box, at least in pve terms.