There will be no maintenance for TERA on 11/21.

WTB EVENTS

Comments

• STALKERrulesSTALKERrules ✭✭
    edited May 26
    I would like to quote myself :proud:
    Waiting for EME to actually make an anniversary event and not a grind fest
    1p4kca.jpg

Btw im losing all my hopes here.....

• NovallaNovalla
    edited May 26
    sevda wrote: »
    This is the first game I've played where the anniversary event has been so lacking. It seems disorganized and disjointed, as if it was sort of just thrown together at the last minute and they're still trying to figure out what they're doing.

Funny, you should say that. They hadn't even announce anything until it was a few days already into the month, the players had to ASK if there was even going to be an event... While EUTera had a decent formatted schedule for all the events for their anniversary. We, however, did not get any of that, we merely got random news of a token shop on the 5th of the month.
  • KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    I got roughly 15 old players (nexus days) to login after being gone 2+ years. They stayed a few days. found the anniversary event to be lacklustre, extremely repetitive, grindy and half thought through.

Shame. I tried.
  • edited May 26
    Guys please, you said you have a lot of events to celebrate anniversary and bla bla bla. We are tired of the grind and the RNG......Sales here, sales there (i know its a business but we are not stupid)....go to this dungeon the entire week to get a 0.1% chance to get something its not an event, its not even fun anymore, its just frustrating. You have a huge world to exploit and you don t even use it........
    Third week of anniversary, friday, no announcement about a new event for the weekend. To be honest I´ve lost all my hopes for this anniversary

Hey, I'm sorry about the lack of communication on this. The Quiz Bowl event is bugged and we've been pushing for a fix, but it hasn't arrived yet and won't be deployed during the anniversary event.

It's a pity, too, because I know it's something Spacecats was excited to share with our players.

We've definitely heard player feedback for extra events and ways to earn anniversary rewards, and there's a news post coming today...
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 26
    Holy shet, Blue boxes, I AM IN LOVE :love:

PS: Now this was a good anniversary event, srsly :3

PSS: Make token shop larger with more items? Would be noice.
  • ArdireArdire ✭✭✭✭✭
    BLUE BOXES PRAISE WE'VE ALL BEEN SAVED HALLELUJAH GOD ABOVE

also those potential drops for VS are pretty cool.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not the best week to do that but certaintly is better that we had so far.

I would like that OW events wont be this broken thought :confused:
  • SalvatoriSalvatori ✭✭✭
    edited May 26
    > @Halrath said:
    > STALKERrules wrote: »
    >
    > Guys please, you said you have a lot of events to celebrate anniversary and bla bla bla. We are tired of the grind and the RNG......Sales here, sales there (i know its a business but we are not stupid)....go to this dungeon the entire week to get a 0.1% chance to get something its not an event, its not even fun anymore, its just frustrating. You have a huge world to exploit and you don t even use it........
    > Third week of anniversary, friday, no announcement about a new event for the weekend. To be honest I´ve lost all my hopes for this anniversary
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hey, I'm sorry about the lack of communication on this. The Quiz Bowl event is bugged and we've been pushing for a fix, but it hasn't arrived yet and won't be deployed during the anniversary event.
    >
    > It's a pity, too, because I know it's something Spacecats was excited to share with our players.
    >
    > We've definitely heard player feedback for extra events and ways to earn anniversary rewards, and there's a news post coming today...

Drops (even as random) on VS will be guaranted this time?

I means, in the news post u dind't mention It as a chance to drop like the others posts u guys made about highlighted dungeons.
  • I'd be happy with a BAM event D: or a mongo event :p
  • VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭
    Salvatori wrote: »
    > @Halrath said:
    > STALKERrules wrote: »
    >
    > Guys please, you said you have a lot of events to celebrate anniversary and bla bla bla. We are tired of the grind and the RNG......Sales here, sales there (i know its a business but we are not stupid)....go to this dungeon the entire week to get a 0.1% chance to get something its not an event, its not even fun anymore, its just frustrating. You have a huge world to exploit and you don t even use it........
    > Third week of anniversary, friday, no announcement about a new event for the weekend. To be honest I´ve lost all my hopes for this anniversary
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hey, I'm sorry about the lack of communication on this. The Quiz Bowl event is bugged and we've been pushing for a fix, but it hasn't arrived yet and won't be deployed during the anniversary event.
    >
    > It's a pity, too, because I know it's something Spacecats was excited to share with our players.
    >
    > We've definitely heard player feedback for extra events and ways to earn anniversary rewards, and there's a news post coming today...

Drops (even as random) on VS will be guaranted this time?

I means, in the news post u dind't mention It as a chance to drop like the others posts u guys made about highlighted dungeons.

NOPE!
    i mean it hasn't been for literally every dungeon prior so do you really think they would change it? Nope its written in the exact same format as the previous ones as well soooooooooooooo
  • AngelineAngeline ✭✭✭
    Halrath wrote: »
    Hey, I'm sorry about the lack of communication on this. The Quiz Bowl event is bugged and we've been pushing for a fix, but it hasn't arrived yet and won't be deployed during the anniversary event.

W-what? Why are you all waiting on some imaginary fix from our neglectful Korean overlords when there are at least a dozen, honestly better, ways to facilitate a trivia / quiz style event that have little to no in-game component.

Here, I did this for you:

1. 2 weeks ago, announce that this event is actually happening.
    2. Tell people to find some friends and make teams (woo teamwork!). I mean no more than 4-5 people lets not get crazy.
    3. Announce the categories. I thought for approximately five minutes and came up with: Lore, Skills/Mechanics, World Bosses, Legacy Content, and Fun Facts. That last one's a catchall. "What percentage of players are Elin?" That kind of [filtered].
    4. Generate idk a dozen questions for each category. Or, I mean, if you don't know anything about Tera (wink), ask the players to submit questions.
    5. Pick the participating teams. Invite them to a private discord server.
    6. Make up rules idk this is long.
    7. Host the whole thing on Twitch. Winner gets idk a loading screen of their team with like "trivia champs." Get that guy Josh to draw it.

WoOoOoOOo fun event teamwork player involvement no grind you're welcome.
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    Angeline wrote: »

W-what? Why are you all waiting on some imaginary fix from our neglectful Korean overlords when there are at least a dozen, honestly better, ways to facilitate a trivia / quiz style event that have little to no in-game component.
    Well... the whole point was to use the in-game feature that BHS built for this very sort of thing that could be open to everyone on all servers. If it was just as an event to do as a stream event for limited teams, you're right they could have done it any time... but that was never the intention.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/the-week-ahead-final-anniversary-week

I will forgive you for not delivering the Quiz Bowl even.

Just this time.
  • AngelineAngeline ✭✭✭
    edited May 26
    Angeline wrote: »

Well... the whole point was to use the in-game feature that BHS built for this very sort of thing that could be open to everyone on all servers. If it was just as an event to do as a stream event for limited teams, you're right they could have done it any time... but that was never the intention.

I get that wasn't the intention but if it's mid (late) May, and it's apparent that this "fix" isn't going to come through, then it's time for plan B. Given the speed with which other "fixes" are deployed, Plan B should have been in the works a long time ago. In almost no other public-relations industry would not delivering on an announcement like this be okay. I certainly couldn't tell my boss that I couldn't follow through on my deliverables because of some hocus pocus. It's just sloppy. And lazy.
  • RKCRKC ✭✭✭
    They should have made an open world hunt since day 1 of this event.

They should have made the token shop much more worth it to farm.

They should have never done a cash grab even.

They should have never made dungeons drop tokens because we have open world

They should have made an open world boss event.

As far as I see this, worst tera event in freaking history.