[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

best dps boost with limited budget?

which is the best way to boost dps with limited budget if you can only pick one?

1) quatrefoil brooch (currently superior quick carve)
2)a 2nd dragon to stack passive crit
3)vm glove + etching
4)get full dyad and etching on weapon

or it would be great if any1 can tell me a rough percentage boost on each of this choice with your own perfect scenario

Comments

• MiliceMilice ✭✭
    I'd say that this really depends on what class you're playind and what you current gear / stats are. VM glove would give you the 3% damage roll which is really nice, while dyads will improve the critpower a bit
  • HaloistHaloist ✭✭✭
    If I were to pick one out of the choices only, then of course vm glove + etching. The others either do not give that much of a boost imo (Quatrefoil & 2nd dragon) or are heavily RNG reliant (dyads).
  • thanks ill aim for vm glove+ etching first

alittle bit on the tricky side though, cos im using non vm glove with tier 4 keen etching, might consider ambush glove with tier 3 keen
  • MisagoMisago ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    I would personally prioritize it this way.

1. VM Gloves with etching. A 3% damage boost that is always active. Pretty inexpensive as well, since you don't have to +15 for any additional damage and Ambush materials have dropped in price.

2. Dyad and etchings for the weapon. Also potential damage that is always active, although in a much smaller boost. A bit rng heavy to get the dyads you need if you don't already have some banked from previous fuses or are willing to use smart dyads. Each fuse attempt is a little under 2k gold if I recall correctly going by MT prices.

3. Quatrefoil Brooch. Has better stats over the regular Quickcarve that are always active, and a much better active skill that could be more tempting depending on the class you are playing. You could also start double brooching if you don't already have an empowered one. Fairly expensive though. Expect to pay 200-300k+ regardless of whether or not you are crafting it yourself. Is irreplaceable unless you plan to run Harrowhold for the Marrow brooch when it re-releases. That comes with its own set of problems though, such as the barrier of entry and how your potential future raids have loot managed. A Quatrefoil in the meantime won't be a bad choice.

4. Dragon Master Passive. Pretty RNG heavy damage boost. It could be either really good, decent/whatever, or you won't notice it at all. If you already have the Draconis Rex passive, this one could potentially have less of an impact to your damage, as Draconis Rex overrides Dragon Master and Dragon Master will still go on cooldown. Around the same price as the Quatrefoil, although you have the peace of mind that this passive is a one time irreplaceable investment and it will always stay present with your character in the future.

Also a note about etchings. At the moment, etching IV's are much more expensive and RNG heavy to get then III's. I would personally just put III's on any non-Deathwrack equipment and wait until you make Deathwrack for IV's. The RNG boxes for IV's could easily make gold disappear and the risk may or may not be worth the miniscule damage boost you'd get from putting it on any non-Deathwrack equipment that you'll replace in the near future anyways.
  • thanks for detailed explanation, never knew vm glove + etching is that good for the extra boost in dps.

glove was usually my last choice as to the untrained eye, it looks like "just 3% damage increase"
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    This is an extremely helpful thread, TY OP for creating it.
  • StevenAnthonyStevenAnthony ✭✭✭✭
    this dont help if you you dont have hands,

but in casual class all of this works hue
  • FelhammerFelhammer ✭✭✭
    I'll offer a different answer since you're going on about low budgets.

Simple Quickcarve brooch.

Bravery pots.

Everful Nostrum

Noctenium infusions

Have a mystic buddy
  • FelhammerFelhammer ✭✭✭
    Someone also mentioned etchings. If you know your class 2s are okay. 3s optimal and 4s a bonus.
  • Based12Based12 ✭✭✭
    After weapon always make gloves, its the 2nd most important thing to increase dps.

Quatrefoil offers a noticeable boost, but i'd leave it to last.
  • 5H96Y49G6D5H96Y49G6D ✭✭✭
    9LWPWJK9D9 wrote: »
    which is the best way to boost dps with limited budget if you can only pick one?

1) quatrefoil brooch (currently superior quick carve)
    2)a 2nd dragon to stack passive crit
    3)vm glove + etching
    4)get full dyad and etching on weapon

or it would be great if any1 can tell me a rough percentage boost on each of this choice with your own perfect scenario

brooch overrated, so is dragon, and full dyad not much better than reg Niveots.
    If ur a dps u don't need any of that crap to do decent damage

• Based12Based12 ✭✭✭
    Etchings are a MUST both on glove and weapon. If you are on a limited budget, try getting temporal ones, or you can always gamble and buy Superior Etching Boxes.

Quatrefoil does boost dmg because it has an extra line of stats compared to emp/quick brooch, and the buff is better + u have a cleanse. But it's the last thing you should care about.