Tips/Hints/experience regarding hunting big blue boxes

I have seen players still complaining about spawn rate, well, in my idea for a 24/7 hunting event, it isn't that bad. Spacecats gave the idea to make a thread like this. I said, yeah it is a good idea actually. Before anything, I wasn't bragging, just wanted to say, you can farm Tokens and boxes, because usually players are not honest about how many they farmed. For example a player was saying I am not seeing anything, I knew his alt, was selling Token items later today. So I just share some stuff I noticed and hopefully those which were successful and lucky share tips and stuff so the whole community can enjoy this, because I truly enjoyed it today and gave me a good taste about anniversary event. As I said, I farmed 630 tokens, I found 2 boxes that dropped 100 tokens. All less than 4 hours.

1st of all, If you are not finding anything in 10 to 12 minutes in an area, change channel or area fast, to get to other areas, being Solo is way better and worked better for me, be secretively scrooge if you found a good place, you don't want players flood there much :D Rotate areas, going back and forth won't help much, so find a town that got more area surrounding it, when from X point or town reach the bottom of area, don't mount back, use safe heaven teleport, spawn rate is not that fast, so you can cover other areas fast, it was also like mongo, some places that got mobs around corners you could see boxes there. Also forgotten places with walls and lobbies and halls which were good for mongos are also good for hunting boxes, I liked deserts and snow fields too :D I liked lowbies areas more, if you saw other players don't get a cold feet, stick to your rotation and make the plan base on your own findings.

So only thing that was working for me, that I wasn't going back on forth on a single area, I rotated around and if couldn't find anything in 10 mins, I would go to a new territory and after a while hunting, and I would go back to the place that had more boxes for me. It is not like mongos regarding of spawning I think, it is just very random. so look around, not back and forth, that 10 mins rotation, safe heaven, they helped me a lot.

Good luck, may the blue boxes be in your favor, Don't curse me and hate meh ;)

Comments

• My luck today was pretty great. Found boxes very frequently while jumping from place to place, tried not to stay in one location too long. I got around 800 and did notice that some boxes didn't drop anything. I waited a bit went back out searching and that seemed to fix it for me.

Also another thing I would like to mention is that every 10 - 15 boxes one would drop 100, but that could just be me and some luck.
  • I haven't found one in 1.5 hours, gone from Elenea to Arx Umbra to Lumbertown, Tulufan.. Nothing so far.
  • Same here I have been hunting for boxes all day and only found three so far and got a total of 60 tokens from them.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since the boost on the spawn rate, i been having good time finding those boxes. So not only i get to appreciate the landscape, like i always do, but i also get to find quite often boxes, usually like a 5 mins time frame in between, so is pretty good.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    run and use flying bacon and if you are elite use teleport B)
  • I spent about 2 hours farming and got around 450 Tokens, mostly around the same areas...though I did get 2 of the 100 Tokens. Much better than how it was yesterday when I spent 3 hours and never found any boxes.
  • KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got a box that despawned on me (it stopped taking damage, then disappeared), but other than that, I'm finding enough boxes (260 tokens per hour or so). Been to three different zones, finding boxes in all (not in the same proportions, though), so yeah, look around.
  • Ves1978Ves1978 ✭✭✭✭
    one spawned right into my face as soon as i started, then nothing for like 40 minutes and then found 7 in like 15 minutes.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @IronCloud said:
    > I haven't found one in 1.5 hours, gone from Elenea to Arx Umbra to Lumbertown, Tulufan.. Nothing so far.

Tosses some luck at you :( go for Bleackrock, Acarum, Vale of spire Habere, ppl finding some there too. Desert wasn't kind to you, maybe snow will, also tunga tunga
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    I've found a few, one 100 hundred as well :D
  • Explored like 6-7 zones, 1 box. /golfclap
  • Based12Based12 ✭✭✭
    I'd dare say their respawn rate is of at least one hour. And the amount of boxes has been heavily reduced compareed to old blue box events that would give temporal costumes and few permanent.

I found 4 in 15 minutes, and then i went to the same place and found only 1 in 20 minutes.

Change channels!
  • TuksTuks ✭✭
    i Just wanna say: LOL

a6924d03cd09e7051f8070df030022c7o.jpg
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Tuks lol, now how many it dropped? Lol
  • OmnomberryOmnomberry ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    stopped counting after 30 boxes (2 ppl farming).
    But not a single 100. I dont know how ppl do it.
    We've been farming idk like 15h total ? But we are kinda done now.

Ppl keep bragging about how many multiple 100 boxes they find while we get 8 10tokens boxes in a row.
    And some hours we got a single box only, it was very frustrating, at least we kept ourselves entertained.

But yea, just rng sigh

Higher spawn rate depending on server/map population size would be greatly appreciated.
    Ill probably still solo farm