[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

WTB EVENTS

1235»

Comments

• TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    TWMagimay wrote: »

What are you two on about?! A restaurant would never be stupid enough to advertise "the best dish ever" because that's setting yourself up for a lot of negative reviews.

Well, is not like a restaurant haven't done something similar.

We brag about "The best music live (for one gnere)", we brag about "the best food", we brag about "the best place to have fun" but that is marketing strategies. I am not really pleased with that way to word publicity but we reveive lots of provider's support on that aspect and they put their money on us and have faith in the bussiness. We have more than 10 years with this bussiness and being a local bussiness and being only one from several we have is quite interesting how marketing works for this kind.

What he was going for was... When you open the menu of your restaurant, you see a list of dished and what's in them. You don't see "awesome soup" or "best dish ever" or "coolest salad", just that and a price tag, do you? You show people what you have and then tell them "we have the best chicken in the world" not "we have the best mystery meat in the world".

Further down in the post you seem to get the idea of what he's saying. He was promised "the best dish ever" but what he got did not match the expectations so it seemed like cat food to him even though the chef believes it to be really good. Maybe his idea of "the best dish" is fish and chips and yours is a spoon of foam. The event, on its own, is not actually bad. It's the mindblowing stupidity surrounding it that left a bitter taste.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭

What are you two on about?! A restaurant would never be stupid enough to advertise "the best dish ever" because that's setting yourself up for a lot of negative reviews.

We brag about "The best music live (for one gnere)", we brag about "the best food", we brag about "the best place to have fun" but that is marketing strategies. I am not really pleased with that way to word publicity but we reveive lots of provider's support on that aspect and they put their money on us and have faith in the bussiness. We have more than 10 years with this bussiness and being a local bussiness and being only one from several we have is quite interesting how marketing works for this kind.

What he was going for was... When you open the menu of your restaurant, you see a list of dished and what's in them. You don't see "awesome soup" or "best dish ever" or "coolest salad", just that and a price tag, do you? You show people what you have and then tell them "we have the best chicken in the world" not "we have the best mystery meat in the world".

Further down in the post you seem to get the idea of what he's saying. He was promised "the best dish ever" but what he got did not match the expectations so it seemed like cat food to him even though the chef believes it to be really good. Maybe his idea of "the best dish" is fish and chips and yours is a spoon of foam. The event, on its own, is not actually bad. It's the mindblowing stupidity surrounding it that left a bitter taste.

Some times you will write some description for the food in the menu, some times they exagerate the info about the dish, many bussiness do that and about the list of dishes, believe when I say I have seen even some that makes people laught and some that makes you think "pls shut up you are lying". All of that is a way to make the customer interested in certain dishes but I will give you a better example. I will talk about a restaurant that only sells pork and only one kind of dish, they even brag to be the best restaurant, to have the best food, the best drinks (eventhought they only sell beers and sodas), when you arrive there they don't even have a menu xD, even the lack of all that they do pretty well and they had some times customers that ask for something diferent than pork but they are told that there is no more options, those get angry and leave becuase they thought about more things when they saw that restaurant marketing.

That restaurant is about 700 mts from ours but they have enought customers to tell that they do really well, as an owner of a restuarant that bussiness got my atention and I can tell you that they have been growing as bussines since they started. And their "We have the best food" advertising don't make their bussiness falter.

Some times you will write some description for the food in the menu, some times they exagerate the info about the dish, many bussiness do that and about the list of dishes, believe when I say I have seen even some that makes people laught and some that makes you think "pls shut up you are lying". All of that is a way to make the customer interested in certain dishes but I will give you a better example. I will talk about a restaurant that only sells pork and only one kind of dish, they even brag to be the best restaurant, to have the best food, the best drinks (eventhought they only sell beers and sodas), when you arrive there they don't even have a menu xD, even the lack of all that they do pretty well and they had some times customers that ask for something diferent than pork but they are told that there is no more options, those get angry and leave becuase they thought about more things when they saw that restaurant marketing.

That restaurant is about 700 mts from ours but they have enought customers to tell that they do really well, as an owner of a restuarant that bussiness got my atention and I can tell you that they have been growing as bussines since they started. And their "We have the best food" advertising don't make their bussiness falter.

Now, imagine you went in that restaurant and they gave you sushi and said it's their 'surprise of the day". No, you can't have the pork you went there for, here's your sushi. I don't think you are getting the difference between "we have the best food ever and it's pretty much pork" and "we have the best food ever but we won't tell you anything about it until it's on your plate". But, hey, if you think that's such a great idea, you have a restaurant, try it out. See how business goes when people don't know what food or drink they are getting until it's in front of them. How long, you think, before you serve a chicken sate to somebody with peanut allergy?

Now, imagine you went in that restaurant and they gave you sushi and said it's their 'surprise of the day". No, you can't have the pork you went there for, here's your sushi. I don't think you are getting the difference between "we have the best food ever and it's pretty much pork" and "we have the best food ever but we won't tell you anything about it until it's on your plate". But, hey, if you think that's such a great idea, you have a restaurant, try it out. See how business goes when people don't know what food or drink they are getting until it's in front of them. How long, you think, before you serve a chicken sate to somebody with peanut allergy?

Here you really are not making sense at all.

First worst comparison again, if I know my bussiness is selling pork or seeling beef or selling salads, I will not replace it for other thing.

EME has not done something like that or could you make a fine example? Nope. Becuase EME gives you the same game with events that rewards you with costumes and mats that you can get in-game of from cash shop. They are not changing their product "TERA" for a bayblade for you to use instead to play the game.
    edited May 2017

First worst comparison again, if I know my bussiness is selling pork or seeling beef or selling salads, I will not replace it for other thing.

EME has not done something like that or could you make a fine example? Nope. Becuase EME gives you the same game with events that rewards you with costumes and mats that you can get in-game of from cash shop. They are not changing their product "TERA" for a bayblade for you to use instead to play the game.

They promised "the best event ever" without any information on what it' s going to be. So, you didn't know if you were getting pork, chicken or fish. Any of those can be "the best food ever". And the restaurant didn't stop serving food either, did it? Again, go ahead and offer a surprise dish in your restaurant. See how that goes for you if it's such an awesome idea. People iwll know they are getting food and that's all that matters, right?
  • AngelineAngeline ✭✭✭
    Listen you all are muddling up my beautiful metaphor with this mess...
  • Haggard86Haggard86 ✭✭✭✭
    > @Angeline said:
    > Listen you all are muddling up my beautiful metaphor with this mess...

Shhh, let it keep going, I'm waiting for them to start comparing methods of cooking and seasoning differences.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    ye we talk IRL food in tera forum B)
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    @AxeI it goes both way. Forums turned to one of those therapy sessions that everyone gather and cry together.

Also right now WTB food event.

They promised "the best event ever" without any information on what it' s going to be. So, you didn't know if you were getting pork, chicken or fish. Any of those can be "the best food ever". And the restaurant didn't stop serving food either, did it? Again, go ahead and offer a surprise dish in your restaurant. See how that goes for you if it's such an awesome idea. People iwll know they are getting food and that's all that matters, right?

The problem with analogy of a restaurant is "TERA" is not a "bussiness" but a "product" it selft, if you are going to compare it then TERA is more like the pork, beef or fish.

And something got caught my interest in what you are saying, I missed that "best event ever" promise. Maybe I didn't read it or listening from official sources. Anyway, being the best event ever is something more about who like it and who didn't like it. If you ask me I would rather hope for the anniversary could have been more like the las kyra event we had and the rest of the events (kyra's, mongos, etc) be more like this anniversary.

But that is just my opinion and there are other people that has told me that this event is fun, they enjoyed the dungeons, the battlegrounds, the bams and the boxes. I personally didn't enjoy the box hunt and the other activities are not something out of the norm.