Tips/Hints/experience regarding hunting big blue boxes

Comments

• LesbianVi wrote: »
    OK, Now I figured something out which might be the case why some players are not seeing Boxes as often. I looked around and understood some places have like little to zero spawn rate there. So players are getting there and find nothing, then goes to another area which got more spawn but got more players there farming.

@Spacecats can you investigate this? This might be the case, not sure. I am around 1K tokens but I see why some players still have difficulties. I might be wrong but I can give examples like Bastion (Balder, nothing much there), Scythera fey (seeliewood, almost nothing there). You could look into it and make players even happier, thanks.

When a box is destroyed by a player, another will randomly spawn somewhere in an open world area. In any channel. Towns are excluded.

So it makes sense that channels and areas where less people are hunting will naturally end up containing more blue boxes after a while. If most people just stick to channel 1, they'll probably have a lower chance of finding one.
  • Well, how about adjusting drop rate to actual population? I could brag about 100x boxes in an hour in an empty server using a b*t as well..
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    OK, Now I figured something out which might be the case why some players are not seeing Boxes as often. I looked around and understood some places have like little to zero spawn rate there. So players are getting there and find nothing, then goes to another area which got more spawn but got more players there farming.

@Spacecats can you investigate this? This might be the case, not sure. I am around 1K tokens but I see why some players still have difficulties. I might be wrong but I can give examples like Bastion (Balder, nothing much there), Scythera fey (seeliewood, almost nothing there). You could look into it and make players even happier, thanks.

When a box is destroyed by a player, another will randomly spawn somewhere in an open world area. In any channel. Towns are excluded.

So it makes sense that channels and areas where less people are hunting will naturally end up containing more blue boxes after a while. If most people just stick to channel 1, they'll probably have a lower chance of finding one.
    So basically there's a finite amount no matter what.

Not gonna lie, by design that's pretty terrible. That just guarantees that only a select few people are ever going to reap the rewards.

• @Spacecats are you sure towns are excluded? I mean, we have proof on page one that they can spawn in town.

Also, I agree that if there's only a finite number of them, it's bad design. No wonder people aren't finding them.
  • @Spacecats are you sure towns are excluded? I mean, we have proof on page one that they can spawn in town.

Also, I agree that if there's only a finite number of them, it's bad design. No wonder people aren't finding them.

That part actually is considered a border with open world. I saw a mongo near there, that is a tricky point lol, and I have been in many small towns and I never saw one.

About Spawn rate, I think, if he checks the system and get to work on Monday can figure it out way better. But there are also many that farming tokens hard. But I agree it could looked into for the benefit everyone, but players can get active on mentioned areas and find more.
    @Spacecats are you sure towns are excluded? I mean, we have proof on page one that they can spawn in town.

That part actually is considered a border with open world. I saw a mongo near there, that is a tricky point lol, and I have been in many small towns and I never saw one.

Does the border extend to the workshop and lower area of Highwatch, too? Because I've seen mongo spawn there last time.
  • IronCloud wrote: »
    I haven't found one in 1.5 hours, gone from Elenea to Arx Umbra to Lumbertown, Tulufan.. Nothing so far.

That's because Elenea and Arx Umbra seem to be the most popular regions as I've noticed. Whenever I go there, there's always someone flying around. There are boxes there, people just find them before you :/

@Spacecats are you sure towns are excluded? I mean, we have proof on page one that they can spawn in town.

Does the border extend to the workshop and lower area of Highwatch, too? Because I've seen mongo spawn there last time.

I think that is HW, yeah, it is like that, the border is different from other cities, I like it actually lol

Sorry you are mistaken @Spacecats That may have been how it was intended but 6 hours ago in Highwatch channel 3, I noticed one maybe 20 meters from the banker. Got 10 tokens from it. Perhaps every other town is excluded, I don't know.
  • Vasnah wrote: »
    Spacecats wrote: »

Sorry you are mistaken @Spacecats That may have been how it was intended but 6 hours ago in Highwatch channel 3, I noticed one maybe 20 meters from the banker. Got 10 tokens from it. Perhaps every other town is excluded, I don't know.

We talked about HW, HW is like that, we had mongo there, but no other town is like that. leave HW alone, I want things to be spawned there lol
    Vasnah wrote: »

We talked about HW, HW is like that, we had mongo there, but no other town is like that. leave HW alone, I want things to be spawned there lol

I didnt look much into it but HW is considered part of the Open World, not Velika and other major cities.

You even can swap channels in HW and other cities you can't. With that much you can know that HW is considered like open world for the events.
  • Updating: Bleakrock seems empty as heck now, couldn't find anything. Add it to no go zones for now.

Not gonna lie, by design that's pretty terrible. That just guarantees that only a select few people are ever going to reap the rewards.

A finite amount of boxes is perfectly fine. The terrible part is that it encompasses the entire world and the spawn rates are low. Meaning, if you show up to a map 5 minutes later somebody else cleaned it out, you have basically no chance of finding anything. It comes down to being lucky with your map and channel choice and not being dedicated to the event. That's why some people get 100s of tokens while others run around like idiots for hours and get nothing.
  • TWMagimay wrote: »

A finite amount of boxes is perfectly fine. The terrible part is that it encompasses the entire world and the spawn rates are low. Meaning, if you show up to a map 5 minutes later somebody else cleaned it out, you have basically no chance of finding anything. It comes down to being lucky with your map and channel choice and not being dedicated to the event. That's why some people get 100s of tokens while others run around like idiots for hours and get nothing.

Today I have checked multiple areas, and I saw absolutely no boxes, or just one in the whole area, and I didn't see a single players. Places like Elenea with more players give you more chance to hunt the boxes. that is why I asked Spacecats about it, hopefully they change it for the final day, but I also saw players with 2K to 4K tokens.
  • I believe the 100x token reward shows up quite often, people will be swimming in tokens if they appeared as much as previous blue box events.