Tips/Hints/experience regarding hunting big blue boxes

1246

Comments

  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based12 wrote: »
    I believe the 100x token reward shows up quite often, people will be swimming in tokens if they appeared as much as previous blue box events.

    true, I was just asking if more areas to be covered for more players. already seeing players with more than 2K tokens just hunting boxes.
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭
    "Whatever hits the fan will not be evenly distributed" This is apparently for good things as well as bad.

    For future events like this, smaller (and possibly more varied?) rewards and many more boxes would be welcome.

    I really liked the strong bravery, GF token, etc. extra prizes idea posted in another thread. And then like 4-5x the current spawn rate.

    It would be about the same number of anniversary tokens as the current event, just more things to find.
  • Here are my findings.

    2 hours grind time. Executed at the slowest time of the day, in my experience. Saw maybe 2-3 players total & subsequently switched channels. Searched the following zones across two channels each:

    IoD
    Val Aureum (Chebika & Tulufan area)
    Dragonfall (eastern half of Sylvanoth)
    Mistmoor Island

    Total boxes acquired: 4(10 tokes ea.)

    In the early days of the Blue Box event, I would grind in some of these zones and easily find 6-8 in 15-30 min. I don't know if they have reduced the drop rate overall or if they have changed the fashion in which they spawn from previous events. Either way... IMHO a total waste of time, unless RNGesus favors you. I may try once more to see if my "luck" changes.


  • SeikilosSeikilos ✭✭✭
    > @Spacecats said:
    > LesbianVi wrote: »
    >
    > OK, Now I figured something out which might be the case why some players are not seeing Boxes as often. I looked around and understood some places have like little to zero spawn rate there. So players are getting there and find nothing, then goes to another area which got more spawn but got more players there farming.
    >
    > @Spacecats can you investigate this? This might be the case, not sure. I am around 1K tokens but I see why some players still have difficulties. I might be wrong but I can give examples like Bastion (Balder, nothing much there), Scythera fey (seeliewood, almost nothing there). You could look into it and make players even happier, thanks.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > When a box is destroyed by a player, another will randomly spawn somewhere in an open world area. In any channel. Towns are excluded.
    >
    > So it makes sense that channels and areas where less people are hunting will naturally end up containing more blue boxes after a while. If most people just stick to channel 1, they'll probably have a lower chance of finding one.


    @Spacecats As I said before in another post Tera is huge. It has somewhere close to 45 different teritories and some of them have up to 7-9 channels. When you say ''When a box is destroyed by a player, another will randomly spawn somewhere in an open world area. In any channel.'', do you understand how vast this 'somewhere' is? How many hours it would take to search them all? And is this area mountains too? Because you only excluded cities.And since clearing an area from boxes means this area won't get any other box until someone kills another box 'somewhere' else, this makes people that don't know the area is cleaned, search in vain. This model is so wrong and impractical. You may get 50-60 tokens in an hour and then nothing for the rest of the day. If this was for some big, hard to get item to make VM9 for example it would be understandable. But this is an event for fun, and people don't have fun. We ve been saying since day 1 for the box event, lower the drops 2-3 times and raise the spawn 2-3 times. Or add other rewards to water down the amount of tokens.

    Can we get an answer to this @Spacecats ?
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based12 wrote: »
    I believe the 100x token reward shows up quite often, people will be swimming in tokens if they appeared as much as previous blue box events.

    How much is quite often for you.

    When there are people that has opened near the 100 boxes and some get no more than 10 each and others get... nothing?

    It is flawed by design if a person that got 100 boxes end up with less than one that opened 20.
  • @Spacecats are you sure towns are excluded? I mean, we have proof on page one that they can spawn in town.

    Also, I agree that if there's only a finite number of them, it's bad design. No wonder people aren't finding them.

    Highwatch is the exception, actually. It's the only city where blue boxes have a chance to spawn, but it's pretty freakin rare so it's funny to see that someone got a screenshot of it right away :p

    A finite number would mean that once they're destroyed, no more would spawn. There's an infinite amount of blue boxes since the moment one's destroyed another is created.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Spacecats since hunting boxes increased, finding them got harder, I don't want that 630 tokens ;) but since many players got to hunt them, would be nice to tweak numbers a bit on their favor.

    Thanks for the blue boxes tho, made it fun.
  • LolitaaLolitaa ✭✭✭
    > @Spacecats said:
    > LesbianVi wrote: »
    >
    > OK, Now I figured something out which might be the case why some players are not seeing Boxes as often. I looked around and understood some places have like little to zero spawn rate there. So players are getting there and find nothing, then goes to another area which got more spawn but got more players there farming.
    >
    > @Spacecats can you investigate this? This might be the case, not sure. I am around 1K tokens but I see why some players still have difficulties. I might be wrong but I can give examples like Bastion (Balder, nothing much there), Scythera fey (seeliewood, almost nothing there). You could look into it and make players even happier, thanks.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > When a box is destroyed by a player, another will randomly spawn somewhere in an open world area. In any channel. Towns are excluded.
    >
    > So it makes sense that channels and areas where less people are hunting will naturally end up containing more blue boxes after a while. If most people just stick to channel 1, they'll probably have a lower chance of finding one.


    Right, and somehow boxes are more likely to respawn around Elenea (wyrmgorge,
    sienna canyon, tor) just so randomly. SO randomly.
  • To be honest, I have been hunting since event start and have never seen a 100 token drop yet. Bad RNG I guess.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    IronCloud wrote: »
    To be honest, I have been hunting since event start and have never seen a 100 token drop yet. Bad RNG I guess.

    I got 3 total, a friend got 10 :angry:
  • LesbianVi wrote: »
    IronCloud wrote: »
    To be honest, I have been hunting since event start and have never seen a 100 token drop yet. Bad RNG I guess.

    I got 3 total, a friend got 10 :angry:

    I've gotten 4 and my bf has gotten 0. He's mad AF >.>;
  • roxxapoxxroxxapoxx ✭✭✭
    Been doing what you suggested from the beginning. Really interested in seeing a video of your experience... I could make one of mine. Been 2 hours, found 4 - 2 of which despawned right infront of my eyes. Other 2 gave me 10 tokens each. Pretty lame.

  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    @roxxapoxx I can see the struggle, I checked multiple places and they were depleted as heck. So I get ppl and I suggested a fix but I am gonna give everyone location with most possibilities. Some ppl gonna hate it but this needs to be rewarding for everyone. Some algorithm needs to be updated about this because it is weird how it works, I liked it so far but it could use some improvements @Spacecats

    Check these Areas more:

    Frontera: Both area

    Highwatch: Arx Ambura, Savage Reach

    Elenea: all 3 areas.

    Weaker than others but, Dragonfall: Has some ups and downs, I saw Amena got some possibilities

    Hopefully on Tuesday we get some better spawn so everyone get some. Good luck
  • roxxapoxxroxxapoxx ✭✭✭
    edited May 29
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    @roxxapoxx I can see the struggle, I checked multiple places and they were depleted as heck. So I get ppl and I suggested a fix but I am gonna give everyone location with most possibilities. Some ppl gonna hate it but this needs to be rewarding for everyone. Some algorithm needs to be updated about this because it is weird how it works, I liked it so far but it could use some improvements @Spacecats

    Check these Areas more:

    Frontera: Both area

    Highwatch: Arx Ambura, Savage Reach

    Elenea: all 3 areas.

    Weaker than others but, Dragonfall: Has some ups and downs, I saw Amena got some possibilities

    Hopefully on Tuesday we get some better spawn so everyone get some. Good luck

    May I ask what server you're on? I have a feeling you're on a low populated server in comparison.

    Edit: I ask because the areas you mentioned are the areas I've been camping. I'm still fighting to find a good amount.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am on CH, and trust me, CH has a lotta nurds farming 24/7, my pros is that I farm when most Muricans sleeping. But as I said I don't go back and forth, I go from A straight to B, then I tp back to A then I go to C, Then I change area, then I go back after awhile,
    If couldn't find anything in 10 mins changing area or channel fast. Something like this, I don't go off road much.
Sign In or Register to comment.