[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Bored. It is something that happens to all or only me??

2»

Comments

• F4ngDragonF4ngDragon ✭✭✭
    Happens to all MMO Players, I played TERA constantly (3+ hours everyday for 2 years) and recently I got burned out on it, there hasn't been much on, really, when you go onto endgame you just hit a brickwall that has a sign telling you to upgrade your armor every 6 months so you can still access high-level mid or high tier dungeons.

It's partially TERA's fault and your brain's fault, too. TERA hasn't had huge content upgrades or game-changing attributes (most of them have been cosmetic, the latest game-changing attributes given to TERA were Val Oriyn) and your brain can't just dedicate its time to one game without getting super bored in the end.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    F4ngDragon wrote: »
    Happens to all MMO Players, I played TERA constantly (3+ hours everyday for 2 years) and recently I got burned out on it, there hasn't been much on, really, when you go onto endgame you just hit a brickwall that has a sign telling you to upgrade your armor every 6 months so you can still access high-level mid or high tier dungeons.

It's partially TERA's fault and your brain's fault, too. TERA hasn't had huge content upgrades or game-changing attributes (most of them have been cosmetic, the latest game-changing attributes given to TERA were Val Oriyn) and your brain can't just dedicate its time to one game without getting super bored in the end.

i agree than with time i have too much tera and later i am going to be tired about the game, but unfortunally it is often bhs and enmasse fault, they remove content that kept us busy, for exemple alliance, nexus or they do something stupid with bg and i should admit than in the past gm and cm was able to made event ingame to keep us busy
  • Based12Based12 ✭✭✭
    I enjoy doing VS so i can farm badges to craft VM9.

Every single person saying it's bored, it's because they are not farming for VM9. And unless you're in behemoth, you're wrong by not doing so.
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz ✭✭✭
    I found myself with no wil for play the game. This last week only loged in a seconds to claim the calendar items. But not play a single second.
    That is maybe because i get bored again of the same sad routine. The problem, the major problem, of this game.
    Analyzing my cycles in this game, it is like: 3 weeks of very active play, 2 weeks of casual play and 6 months of no play at all. This is repeating almost every year.

It is happening to all?? Or is just me who bore easy??

I feel the game, like a job (unpleasent job). I mean, u must do your day routine before anything. Log in, Kill Bams, Abcess, VH, Vs, Br, Ts (or whatever). Every day is the same. Every run is the same. Maybe longer, maybe shorter depending on raids composition... But the same.

It doesn't happen to everyone. Boredom frequency and intensity varies between persons.

Boredom usually isn't a factor of the game, but the player.

If you play any game in a way that bores you, you will find that game boring to play.

So, if you want Tera to be less boring to you, you will have to consider if there is any way to play it that you would find more interesting, such as playing a different class, focusing on a different element of game play than you have in the past, or some such.

If thinking about changing the way you approach the game sparks a renewed interest in it for you, then Tera may still have the potential for some consistent long-term fun.

If not, then the Tera ship has now sailed for you as the game will always come to bore you in short order. It is time for you to look about the harbour for another ship, headed to a fresh destination that will better draw you in.

Whichever applies to you, good luck in finding what you seek.
  • MirakaelMirakael ✭✭✭
    What I notice is that, tera lacks events. Like daily events, weekly and monthly. And some players (some) also hosts events but it's very rare.
    What I mean is that, the game focuses too much on grinding gear. I mean it's nice to have awesome vm set. But, when you log in, same day cycle. Login > LFG > Dungeon / IOD Bam hunt. I think you've reached end game my friend. Maybe look for a guild who also plays other game and suit your interest. You can play the other game together, and then come back to tera again.

In my situation, I'm not that bored tbh. Because I rarely play on weekdays because of work. What I'm trying to achieve now is getting the Champion Laurel. ;'D
  • 5H96Y49G6D5H96Y49G6D ✭✭✭
    I found myself with no wil for play the game. This last week only loged in a seconds to claim the calendar items. But not play a single second.
    That is maybe because i get bored again of the same sad routine. The problem, the major problem, of this game.
    Analyzing my cycles in this game, it is like: 3 weeks of very active play, 2 weeks of casual play and 6 months of no play at all. This is repeating almost every year.

It is happening to all?? Or is just me who bore easy??

I feel the game, like a job (unpleasent job). I mean, u must do your day routine before anything. Log in, Kill Bams, Abcess, VH, Vs, Br, Ts (or whatever). Every day is the same. Every run is the same. Maybe longer, maybe shorter depending on raids composition... But the same.

er no been like that for years TERA a seasonal game

right now most endgame guilds afk, afk, um afk until VSHM drops.
    To remain active maybe they'll do events and if not just run VSNM twice log

On a general note, think ppl forget TERA isn't WOW, Black Dessert, Runescape, Arch, etc.
    No sandbox material insight and game instance based.
  • @Based12 I understand where you're coming from, but while you find running the new couple of dungeons fun and upgrading your gear, there's also a large portion of players who have been doing that for the last few years and are tired of doing it continuously for little reason, that's just how it goes, even playing dress up gets boring eventually.
  • Based12Based12 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Solona wrote: »
    @Based12 I understand where you're coming from, but while you find running the new couple of dungeons fun and upgrading your gear, there's also a large portion of players who have been doing that for the last few years and are tired of doing it continuously for little reason, that's just how it goes, even playing dress up gets boring eventually.

I started playing in 2013, still haven't gotten tired of it. But i guess if you're bored of the main activity in the game, which is gearing your chars, then i don't see why keep playing.

I too had my moments of boredom, i remember one time i started hunting achievements and i had more fun than running dungeons for example.
  • Based12 wrote: »
    I enjoy doing VS so i can farm badges to craft VM9.

Every single person saying it's bored, it's because they are not farming for VM9. And unless you're in behemoth, you're wrong by not doing so.

pff u can enjoy VS the first 10 times. Then its just another boring dungeon. Like every other.
    Farming mats for a set is not what moves me. I found that making high tier sets is brainless, well, for me.
    PvE dont care that much how gear u have, with misery is more than enought
    and PvP is dead, so, u craft high tier gear to go on eq bgs to stick your +15ultra gear in the back xd
  • ElinLove wrote: »
    I think I never fell into the too bored to keep playing, because of 2 things:
    1: I've never stayed always at the same task, I alternate between heal, DPS (various classes) and even tanking now, I get to do the same content in so many different ways it gives a pretty interesting experience.
    2: I left my addiction behind. I used to play daily 6h+ always. On days I had classes till late I would even log in just to get daily log-in bonus, cause I just couldn't leave it alone. Weekends I did barely anything other than playing TERA, grinded my way out on all classes possible. Now that I've left this addiction behind, I enjoy it a lot more, haven't gotten rusty and stuff, in fact possibly better (keep less tired/annoyed). It's fun now, not a [filtered] job that only sucked out my time.

Very Interesting Point, I left my addiction either. I dont bother playing 2h~3h max / day now. Grind as tank, DPS and also healer. I have a guild of my own and now I can see how people get toxic on pt all the time. I just log in do my dailies without complaining about anything. I stopped this negative emotional wave we are having in TERA. TERA has became a casual game, deal with it felas. It is much better playing as a casual game :)
  • BonbonnieBonbonnie ✭✭✭
    Honestly, I only log in to TERA nowadays to see how my squad in Heal is doing. I don't see how they still enjoy the game though, I'm so burnt out from playing it. I guess playing it since Korean beta does that to ya...