Unity Stole is FAR too expensive.

Comments

• LoculiLoculi ✭✭
    > @Bellatrixie said:
    > If only these were tradeable. Have had these in my bank since we got them for free for every character in a guild.

Exactly what I mean. Completely artificial rarity. People have more than they need but can't trade them.
  • LoculiLoculi ✭✭
    > @Darkrulerjoe said:
    > I do feel that price is a little high for what it is but you could of easily gotten those tokens if you actually wanted to. I had 837 Tokens and I got all of them only from blue boxes or calendar, I didn't even do any dungeons and I didn't even spend to much time looking for boxes either. If I were to guess, maybe close to 10-12 hours total and got around like 750-800 tokens from it.
    >
    > It does look nice with some outfits, I probably would of picked one up but I still have 4 from some where else (I think it was the mangos a while back). So I ended up using the tokens for a Dyeable Elin Bewitching and Eagle Warrior Helmet (Which actually looks really good, which event did it come from? It didn't look like it was in the store unless it was a loot box.)

I ran dungeons, I looked for blue boxes, I got calendar awards and I participated in the BAM killer event. (Even though my server went down from over half the event.)

I just happened to be very very unlucky with blue boxes and only get about 80 tokens from them. Point is, I *did* try.
  • LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lolitaa wrote: »
    LancerJiva wrote: »
    Too late. People already bought stoles. Changing the price would only make them mad.

that's why u dont buy asap. first, you complain about price, hope they lower it, THEN buy.
    LMAO

LMAO you think people will do that? People who have over 1k tokens will buy them. They're expensive because they're an exclusive item.
  • just suck it up and farm, you newer players.

some games, once the time has passed, you can NEVER get the item again.
  • The fact that people gripe so very very much about the cost/difficulty to obtain this purely cosmetic item (that I've quite frankly never even noticed at all in-game, like most cosmetic-only items) must mean the high price is actually spot on.
  • LolitaaLolitaa ✭✭✭
    Too late. People already bought stoles. Changing the price would only make them mad.

that's why u dont buy asap. first, you complain about price, hope they lower it, THEN buy.
    LMAO

LMAO you think people will do that? People who have over 1k tokens will buy them. They're expensive because they're an exclusive item.

....are you serious? see the "LMAO" i put there? learn to take some jokes.
    not like i should actually give you an answer since you took me literally but yeah fyi the price is fine for me. but i feel sorry for my newbie guildie who only made it to 540 tokens right before maint and is only lvl 40, wants the stole, who is also taking a hundred years to level.
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭

LMAO

not like i should actually give you an answer since you took me literally but yeah fyi the price is fine for me. but i feel sorry for my newbie guildie who only made it to 540 tokens right before maint and is only lvl 40, wants the stole, who is also taking a hundred years to level.

They have until the 5th to get there :D

Unless you're TALKING about the 5th, then disregard that ahaha
  • LolitaaLolitaa ✭✭✭
    Tenshi1 wrote: »

LMAO

yeah if we could get him to 65 and que some cs and hope to be carried for one round that would be good :)
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    Tenshi1 wrote: »

LMAO

yeah if we could get him to 65 and que some cs and hope to be carried for one round that would be good :)

Spam dgs with him :D I know when I was leveling through this event, my qs were quick. I think everyone was trying to max to they could do the dgs and bgs

Also he could search around for some boxes :D He still has at least today, that should be enough time to find at least one box, and (Almost) every box the lowest amount is 10, so he should be good :D
  • LoculiLoculi ✭✭
    > @9LWPWJK9D9 said:
    > just suck it up and farm, you newer players.
    >
    > some games, once the time has passed, you can NEVER get the item again.

I'm not a newer player, but it being harder to obtain for newer players than it was for older players initially is merely one point of my argument.
  • LoculiLoculi ✭✭
    > @BlackAdder said:
    > The fact that people gripe so very very much about the cost/difficulty to obtain this purely cosmetic item (that I've quite frankly never even noticed at all in-game, like most cosmetic-only items) must mean the high price is actually spot on.

The only difficulty in obtaining it is purely because it is arbitrarily not tradeable. The rarity is 100% artificial. Many players have far more unity stoles than they want to have/use. But have to leave them sitting in item claim or the wardrobe instead.
  • Based12Based12 ✭✭✭
    The prices are fine!

Cmon, this is just too much. I farmed in total like 1 hour for boxes and got like 7 boxes, 2 of em dropped 100x tokens(i did go to a place where blue boxes used to spawn a lot, that someone showed me years ago, boxes don't appear that much in this event, but in one of the channels you always find a box).

Even if you didn't farm any box, all the tokens everyone should've gotten after spamming VHNM, plus 80 guaranteed tokens from calendar, and all in all everyone should have even more than 550 to spend.

Now, if you don't do any dungeons, or you do like 2 runs a day, then afk, and you look for boxes for 20 minutes, then you don't deserve to buy one.
  • Loculi wrote: »
    > @9LWPWJK9D9 said:
    > just suck it up and farm, you newer players.
    >
    > some games, once the time has passed, you can NEVER get the item again.

I'm not a newer player, but it being harder to obtain for newer players than it was for older players initially is merely one point of my argument.

theres nothing to argue, of course its going to be harder, you dont expect new players to just login their new account and receive all past giveaways item in their parcel.

this untradeable item and unobtainable by normal means is needed in the game so that events like this can be planned, which IMO is already a very kind move.

i mean 550 tokens? and spacecats+ calendar total already gave out like 200 tokens???
  • Loculi wrote: »
    > @BlackAdder said:
    > The fact that people gripe so very very much about the cost/difficulty to obtain this purely cosmetic item (that I've quite frankly never even noticed at all in-game, like most cosmetic-only items) must mean the high price is actually spot on.

The only difficulty in obtaining it is purely because it is arbitrarily not trade-able. The rarity is 100% artificial. Many players have far more unity stoles than they want to have/use. But have to leave them sitting in item claim or the wardrobe instead.

Well the rarity of ANYTHING in this game is artificial. That's how Enmasse makes money off us and if they don't make money, they stop maintaining the game.
    So here you've pointed out that people have these cosmetic items sitting around in item claim, and that means they want to be able to sell them at the first wave of stupidly high prices as soon as the item is made trade-able, just to take more advantage of a game that has already given them many advantages due to the number of hours they can spend in game. In my book that's another extremely good reason in my book to leave it alone. The game gives you a way to get this completely cosmetic item if you want it so badly. If they make it less rare or easily trade-able it loses its desirability. Supply and demand economics at its most basic.
  • LolitaaLolitaa ✭✭✭
    BlackAdder wrote: »
    So here you've pointed out that people have these cosmetic items sitting around in item claim, and that means they want to be able to sell them at the first wave of stupidly high prices as soon as the item is made trade-able.
    No, it means that we don't want to scramble to claim an item that is going to sit and collect dust, wasting space in our banks/wardrobes.

and here I sit thinking, even if the stole was selling for for a measly 1g on the broker, I would still wear it, because of it's appearance, rare or not.