There will be no maintenance for TERA on 11/21.

June Battleground Jackpots...What?

http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/june-battleground-jackpot-calendar

Thank EME! I'm so excited to finally be able to farm ambush mats. hehexd! Best jackpot event :awesome: :gun:

Comments

• KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    EME what the hell are you thinking?

Put something worthwhile to us in there. We are on death wrack patch NOT ambush.

We want to Pvp but we want to gear up. We cannot with the current system or jackpots.

Stop. Think. heck even ask a pvper in the PC (if there is a real one?) what we need.

This is beyond ridiculous.
  • @Spacecats
    Please see that it gets updated to Deathwrack materials.
    There is no point in having old gear materials as a jackpot people want NEW gear.
  • roxxapoxxroxxapoxx ✭✭✭
    Yeah I don't get why we're still stuck on the last patch... it's bad enough we haven't gotten the new dungeons yet? LOL
  • nutmegnutmeg ✭✭
    Desparity wrote: »
    @Spacecats
    Please see that it gets updated to Deathwrack materials.
    There is no point in having old gear materials as a jackpot people want NEW gear.

I think it might still too early to hand out Deathwrack mats especially since the victory boxes already drop them, but at least do something like update the feedstock to tier 12 or do 100x tier 11.
  • KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    @nutmeg
    It definitely is not too early. they come from dungeons right now. why not battlegrounds? they're obtainable. the idea of "trying to revive battlegrounds" is great. but they're going about it all wrong rewards wise.

bgs/dgs are equivelant in time needed. yet the rewards for Pvp get worse and worse.
  • Winning the battleground randomly earns you one of the following jackpots:

Talisman of Lakan ×1
    Lakan's Banner ×2
    Badge of Loyalty ×2
    Dragon Scale ×3
    Tier 11 Feedstock ×50
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another thread of handing over VM9 to me plz, Good God. It is too soon, you get VM9 mats from boxes, it is extra loot to help players to finish their Ambush. Here we go again, crying therapy session of the day.
  • GlitchyTrashGlitchyTrash ✭✭✭
    Why are battlegrounds rewards considered "ways to finish gear" and not a way to farm gear?

Having a way to let PvP players enjoy farming should be a normal thing and I'm not sure why people think it's a bad thing?
  • DigivolveDigivolve ✭✭✭
    edited May 31
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    Another thread of handing over VM9 to me plz, Good God. It is too soon, you get VM9 mats from boxes, it is extra loot to help players to finish their Ambush. Here we go again, crying therapy session of the day.

Winning X amount of battlegrounds, several times where you need RNG to give you the jackpot mat you need is not handing it out. We've been having the same VM8 jackpot for 5 months. People still need ambush? TS, BR, KD and DFH are handing out those mats like crazy. PvP should be progression content, just like new dungeons, not the "I didn't do it when it was relevant" regression. You know what else boxes drop? Useless crap like 5 t10 feedstock, 90% of the time. I thought there was a limit to how much white-knighting you could do. Guess not.

We've had SEVERAL triple and double drop events where even the guy who started playing 2 months ago could've had full set by now. THAT was handing it out. This is just asking for a legitimate way to have VM9 progression through PvP. It IS VM9 patch after all.
  • AimoveraAimovera ✭✭✭

The jackpots are VM9 mats though, not VM8.
  • AyiAyi ✭✭✭
    Cool. I can actally farm pvp gear without [filtered] random boxes now :3
  • The jackpot has been changed to the following:
    • Talisman of Lakan ×1
    • Lakan's Banner ×2
    • Badge of Loyalty ×2
    • Dragon Scale ×3
    • Tier 12 Feedstock ×50

The news post has been changed to reflect this. Sorry for the confusion!
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, you are right. There should be no loot and no rewards from anything ever because otherwise they'd be handing it over. We should all just run around naked in cute costumes that can only be obtained from the cash shop as any in game way would also be handing stuff over to players. You smart good.
  • Based12Based12 ✭✭
    Spacecats wrote: »
    The jackpot has been changed to the following:
    • Talisman of Lakan ×1
    • Lakan's Banner ×2
    • Badge of Loyalty ×2
    • Dragon Scale ×3
    • Tier 12 Feedstock ×50

The news post has been changed to reflect this. Sorry for the confusion!

Alright! That's what i call rewards. Thanks spaceys.
  • MontblanckMontblanck ✭✭✭

Considering you'd only do BGs for your Deathwrack set (no opening of boxes, etc); to make a full set, you'd have to:

- Win 42 matches for Talismans (15+11+8+8)
    - Win 55 matches EACH for Badges/Banners (2*(20+15+10+10))

That's 152 matches you HAVE to win, with perfect RNG for each rewards. Also, you still need 275 Herpvein Powders and 80 Lakan's Scales, which BG jackpots do not give. Let's not get started on the designs.

Even after then you'd have to have enough mats to +15 them, or at least the weapon, and then roll them properly, and then put proper etchings; otherwise you're just an idiot in full Deathwrack set.

Yeah, this event totally sounds like handing over to me. Just like you said.