The Maintenance on our PC Servers has completed. Servers are up and running, thank you for your patience!

This is the community we have nowadays.

Comments

• Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    Ardire wrote: »
    your classic case of a useless, spoiled healer. there's lots of them out there, unfortunately.
    I've had 2 priests tell me to "use a pot" when I asked for mana. Lol
  • roxxapoxxroxxapoxx ✭✭✭
    Sorry but don't q anything if you have severe lag. It's really inconvenient and inconsiderate for other players.
  • roxxapoxxroxxapoxx ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    And if 1 person is making something unclearable even though they "want to get better" the team is also not responsible to coach you through it for 2 hours. I don't mind helping new players but don't q if you have haven't atleast read a guide on your class.

That said: Healing tank during DFHM last boss is easy and shouldn't be disputed.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    That healer is kinda odd for expecting a tank he met at random to be skilled enough to never get hit during the final boss fight. I am not saying it's impossible; I've done it myself numerous times and it's totally doable. But when you're healing folks you've never met before you should always just go in expecting them to get hit by stuff. If they don't, you're pleasantly surprised. If they do, then you were prepared. Also like someone else said, if he's a mystic his case is even worse because he could've been tossing you motes the whole fight. Hell, you can jaunt through the damn tree and be on the other side and then jaunt back a few seconds later. You can heal through the tree. You can corruption ring, jaunt into the tree, and then use the second part of CR to restore mana to the front side of the tree and the back at the same time. You can drop motes everywhere, tell your party that they cleanse, and then let them cleanse themselves during the pit phases if they aren't stupid. I don't know, that fight seems like a great place to show off a mystic's utility, but here one is, complaining that he has to do anything at all.

And to you: practice and get better so you don't have to rely on people like that. Like someone else said, stock up on pots before every fight, and when you're with randoms always brace for them to do nothing you would expect them to. That's just a good rule of thumb in general. Always go in expecting to have a hard time. Just do that and you'll never be unpleasantly surprised again.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    @roxxapoxx I have lags most of the time, Iran has one of the most awful internet, I can get 1-3 secs delay. So I don't do everything unless I don't get one shotted 24/7, then I get the attacks on forums. So, ppl that troll gonna troll, gonna be toxic, it is not always on you. Just saying.
  • ArdireArdire ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tenshi1 wrote: »
    your classic case of a useless, spoiled healer. there's lots of them out there, unfortunately.
    I've had 2 priests tell me to "use a pot" when I asked for mana. Lol

reading this gave me hives

mana charge you useless thots smh
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    "tanks don't need to be healed here"

your classic case of a useless, spoiled healer.

Guess I've really been spoiled by tanks who don't suck then. It'd have never even crossed my mind to babysit a tank in that fight. Now is probably a good time to thank all the wonderful tanks who put me in their pocket and protect me from all the baddies in this game.
  • ArdireArdire ✭✭✭✭✭
    healed = babysit? kinda hyperbolic, you know?

besides this is an IM situation, you know just as well as anyone that going into something like DFHM with randoms and expecting folk to play as good as your static, or guildies, or whoever the heck's nuts you're gargling, is just.... like.. totes Unrealistic, man.

especially as a mystic!!! c'mon just litter the tank's feet with motes before the fight!!! that's like.... babysitting... but the baby sits itself.

note: i did not mean to light any healer specific fires with that "useless, spoiled' line. like, i too have wielded a healy stick in my time.... our jobs aren't all that difficult, so seeing ones that react like that Blows My Mind
  • LaemieLaemie ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    I think tis quite normal when tank gets hit at last boss imo... Iv healed alot of runs and i always pay attention to my tank. This boss is a pish he sometimes (or pretty often) does the frontal poison thingy then instantly does the inner circle AOE or worse it could do a push back before those 2 attacks back to back. I tend to see some ppl iframe the push back, iframe the circle then get 1shot by the front/back poison (mostly clothie)

That said, Lotsa things you gotta iframe in there so its understandable if your tank wants to save their iframe for something else, just my 2 cents.

Also, as a Mystic, my Titanic favor is like, super uper crazy far, i can heal a tank whos being pushed back miles away lol (in other dungeons~). But yeah, as lotsa ppl have mentioned, tis just IMs so everyone just gotta move on lol. And as a healer i like to say "I gotchu" more than "You dont need heal" when my tank goes "Oh sht!" lol :proud:

Most of the time i expect the safe feeling from my tank, and i figure they also expect the same from me.

besides this is an IM situation, you know just as well as anyone that going into something like DFHM with randoms and expecting folk to play as good as your static, or guildies, or whoever the heck's nuts you're gargling, is just.... like.. totes Unrealistic, man.

especially as a mystic!!! c'mon just litter the tank's feet with motes before the fight!!! that's like.... babysitting... but the baby sits itself.

note: i did not mean to light any healer specific fires with that "useless, spoiled' line. like, i too have wielded a healy stick in my time.... our jobs aren't all that difficult, so seeing ones that react like that Blows My Mind

Here's the thing.. If you read OP, you'll notice this little part "and also only me in front of boss". We are not talking about dropping a few motes before the fight starts or the occasional heal through the tree. We have a tank here who expects a healer to be in front of the boss with him at all times and feels he was unjustly blamed for the wipes. I don't know about you, but I'd consider giving the tank a personal healer for the entire fight to be babysitting.
  • ArdireArdire ✭✭✭✭✭
    you got me there. OP is definitely in the red with a statement like that-- both healers are supposed to be in the back, only ever need to be in the front if your tank needs to be picked up.

but it doesn't make the healer's line of 'tanks not needing to be healed' right either. they both could learn a thing or two in that case.

while i have sympathy for someone who stuck it out through an entire run just to get kicked at the last boss, expecting a healer to sit on your junk and only your junk alone 24/7 is as Unrealistic as expecting a rando team to play like pros. :neutral:
  • ShikineShikine ✭✭✭✭

TWMagimay wrote: »

Here's the thing.. If you read OP, you'll notice this little part "and also only me in front of boss". We are not talking about dropping a few motes before the fight starts or the occasional heal through the tree. We have a tank here who expects a healer to be in front of the boss with him at all times and feels he was unjustly blamed for the wipes. I don't know about you, but I'd consider giving the tank a personal healer for the entire fight to be babysitting.

I noticed that part too and that first whisper he sent where he literally says " you were on the wrong side almost all the time" o.o i mean there is a wrong side?
    if the healer is next to you and you dont get healed that certainly a bad thing, but if the healer is solo healing the low dps (probably dying a lot, needing that lock on cleanse) as was mentioned, I imagine that babysitting the tank is a huge burden and after inspecting the healer decided that by gear he is capable of taking care of himself...
    edited June 2017
    but it doesn't make the healer's line of 'tanks not needing to be healed' right either. they both could learn a thing or two in that case.

I don't think the mystic literally meant 0 heals. Like, after reading this topic, I turned to my pocket and said "Do tanks need healing on the tree in DF HM?" and he responded with "Nope." And that seems to be the general opinion of everyone I poked about it. Obviously, everybody understands that a tank will need an occasional heal but the amount of healing the tank should need doesn't really...qualify because it's low/rare. Say, you are in a run with a zerk, a real good party that doesn't take damage often or even at all. At the end, you are likely to say "these guys didn't need healing" even though you were healing the zerk at the very least.
    Or maybe the mystic meant that the tank doesn't need a personal healer. Who knows...
  • looks like OP is used to 2 healers in dfhm party one at front and one at the back with dps, I've had runs like that a few times but OP it's not necessary for a healer to be at front with you they can both stay at back, I don't know how skilled you are, but tanking and lagging, trust me they are not friends, don't try to tank when you have lag. I saw A full +15 brawler leave dung in the middle of the first boss, because of lag it's not nice at all.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    roxxapoxx wrote: »
    Sorry but don't q anything if you have severe lag. It's really inconvenient and inconsiderate for other players.

You do know lag an connection spikes happen out of nowhere in TERA right?

Back to topic, as a kinda main Priest, I gotta say that in DF you really don't need MUCH heal in Verno, but to refuse healing a tank there is beyond stupid and useless. Even less if DPS is also needing heals and not getting. Like pointed that there was a mystic, why not just fill the land with motes? Jeez it's saddening to see who takes my task every now and then... In DF (normal and hard) I've always healed tank when needed, you don't really need much to do it honestly.
    One thing is a red eater tank that doesn't block crap, the other is refusing and throwing a tantrum like a spoiled kid because tank needs some topping every now and then.

I cannot say how the match went cause well, I wasn't there. But it really doesn't take much to heal tank at Verno, nor DPS for that matter. I mean after you went through Prima and Vera, you're set.

Looking at both sides tho, at the healer's side: you really do NOT need more than one person at the front. You don't need a pocket healer at front, unless specific cases like learning run or laggy tank (back at line one of my comment please, before saying crap). If you're in need of a pocket healer at front, you should be doing more learning runs before queuing for the real deal.

Regarding kicks: there's always a whole lot of cases that lead to it, people ask to get kicked because they have no time to run/have to go, got tired ot it, someone IS underperforming beyond the point the group can deal with (this can be a case of elitism OR NOT), bunch of whinnie the pooh players that just need to blame someone for their sucking, anything. I won't say against or in favor, but if the run was that bad I see you didn't lose much for getting out of it and well, they'll take quite a while to get a new tank there.