This is the community we have nowadays.

13»

Comments

• ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭
    roxxapoxx wrote: »
    Sorry but don't q anything if you have severe lag. It's really inconvenient and inconsiderate for other players.

You do know lag an connection spikes happen out of nowhere in TERA right?

Back to topic, as a kinda main Priest, I gotta say that in DF you really don't need MUCH heal in Verno, but to refuse healing a tank there is beyond stupid and useless. Even less if DPS is also needing heals and not getting. Like pointed that there was a mystic, why not just fill the land with motes? Jeez it's saddening to see who takes my task every now and then... In DF (normal and hard) I've always healed tank when needed, you don't really need much to do it honestly.
    One thing is a red eater tank that doesn't block crap, the other is refusing and throwing a tantrum like a spoiled kid because tank needs some topping every now and then.

I cannot say how the match went cause well, I wasn't there. But it really doesn't take much to heal tank at Verno, nor DPS for that matter. I mean after you went through Prima and Vera, you're set.

Looking at both sides tho, at the healer's side: you really do NOT need more than one person at the front. You don't need a pocket healer at front, unless specific cases like learning run or laggy tank (back at line one of my comment please, before saying crap). If you're in need of a pocket healer at front, you should be doing more learning runs before queuing for the real deal.

Regarding kicks: there's always a whole lot of cases that lead to it, people ask to get kicked because they have no time to run/have to go, got tired ot it, someone IS underperforming beyond the point the group can deal with (this can be a case of elitism OR NOT), bunch of whinnie the pooh players that just need to blame someone for their sucking, anything. I won't say against or in favor, but if the run was that bad I see you didn't lose much for getting out of it and well, they'll take quite a while to get a new tank there.
  • DreadweaverDreadweaver ✭✭✭
    edited June 1
    The healer was a complete idiot.
    It's like someone would come to dentist and say: I need anesthetic because it can be painful. And the doctor'd say: You know what??I just had a guy who didnt feel much pain. So I wont use it because he didn't need.

For me this all looks same.

Perfect tank won't need healer at all. Good will need sometimes and bad would die no matter how you heal. It's his job. Healer isn't equivalent of "slack-mode".

Yes sometimes I meet tanks who don't need healer there but not everyone has same skill+latency(I have bigger as in not NA played. And in that dungeon laggs frequently itself. Despite I know how to use my mystic's one iframe I fail on laser sometime because of this all). And all people a r e d i f f e r e n t. To complain that you need to heal tank is as silly as what I started from.
  • ArwenArwen ✭✭
    I gotta tell my experience as healer on a VHNM run. Was sickening what happened there.
    I was doing guild quests so i wanted a fast queue just to have them done. I got into a raid that was very very bad. The tank got to be a brawler that had no idea what tanking was. He was constantly running circles everytime the boss was coming towards him so the boss was changing target every 2 seconds. Was a nightmare to keep the other players alive because of this. We were 2 priest on raid. The dps was all scarce and i must say that was the worst team i ever had the chance to meet so far on game. But as healer you must do your job at the best of your possibilities so instead bickering, i just did my job in silence.
    Not the same happened with the other healer. He, together with a reaper just stopped doing their jobs and started a fight with a gunner that in their opinion was only doing auto-attack, and wanted to kick him while we was in combat. The boss was under 35% HP at that point. Honestly I could see the gunner doing other skills and because the other dps on the raid was all bad, i really couldn't care less if the gunner was really doing that or not, i just wanted to have the first boss killed, so i denied.
    At one point the gunner died and when i rezzed him he didn't wanted to rez up anymore, he just keep chat fighting with the reaper and priest.
    The brawler was not able to hold onto the boss so the other dps was dieing one by one and i had a very hard time to keep them alive to not wipe. With the gunner dead, the reaper and healer out of combat, and the brawler doing nothing to hold the boss we were only 3 people left to manage to kill the boss, 2 dps and me. We managed to have it killed after a while, so after the boss died i wanted to try to calm down the things between the gunner and the reaper but then they attacked me. The gunner at that point just quitted and with him 2 of the other dps that got tired of all the fight.
    Just to make it short, in the final the reaper and the priest that was doing nothing the entire time, managed to have me kicked out of raid before boss 2, even if I was the one to keep everyone alive and was them to start the fight and stay out of combat doing nothing.
    So yeah, the community can be really toxic. Especially with people that play with no friends.
    The only advise I can give here: Grow iron bark my friends. It will help if in this life :pleased:
  • sanj66sanj66 ✭✭✭
    The healer was a complete idiot.
    It's like someone would come to dentist and say: I need anesthetic because it can be painful. And the doctor'd say: You know what??I just had a guy who didnt feel much pain. So I wont use it because he didn't need.

For me this all looks same.

Perfect tank won't need healer at all. Good will need sometimes and bad would die no matter how you heal. It's his job. Healer isn't equivalent of "slack-mode".

Yes sometimes I meet tanks who don't need healer there but not everyone has same skill+latency(I have bigger as in not NA played. And in that dungeon laggs frequently itself. Despite I know how to use my mystic's one iframe I fail on laser sometime because of this all). And all people a r e d i f f e r e n t. To complain that you need to heal tank is as silly as what I started from.

did you read all the messages? as tw pointed out he wanted to healer to sit infront with him all the time and pocket heal him......taking your analogy thats like going to the dentist and asking for double the dose of anesthetic because you want it.
  • The only advise I can give here: Grow iron bark my friends. It will help if in this life :pleased:

Sorry to see you caught so much flak from party members. Especially when things get competitive, you'll always have irate or bossy players telling you to play better or do things the way they want. Growing thicker skin is one way to separate yourself from the random drama, and ignoring the random person that's flaming you often just ends up with them stopping and bothering someone else instead. Still... it's unfortunate that people take attitudes like this in online games (not just TERA, I don't think I've played any online game with chat where this isn't a thing).

The best thing you can do to make TERA a positive community is to try and stay positive yourself, focus on the parts of TERA you enjoy most, and ignore the haters.

Saying all of that... there's a line between jerkiness and harassment. If you ever feel like you are being truly harassed by another player, report them to customer support and include as much detail about the harassment as possible.
    edited June 1
    @Spacecats I don't mean to become wooden from top to toes. I mean if you don't have iron bark you will be much more depressed than happy. Not all ppl want to fill world with good stuff. Some live on the others grief.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭
    @Spacecats I don't mean to become wooden from top to toes. I mean if you don't have iron bark you will be much more depressed than happy. Not all ppl want to fill world with good stuff. Some live on the others grief.

That kinda is what he said as well.
    And I do agree with you both. There's always ways to avoid trolls and haters, and there's the thicker skin method, that is effective in real world as well as online, where it's way harder to avoid jerks than online.
  • CatoriiCatorii ✭✭✭
    Tanks usually don't take damage on Verno, though. That's the thing. If you slip up and I need to heal you, fine, but you legit should not need someone sitting next to you in order to keep you healed. It's not rare to see a tank take a hit or two throughout the fight there, but if you were taking much more than that, you were doing something really wrong - considering he almost doesn't even hit the tank period.
  • AyiAyi ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't worry too much about it. Other classes are slowly starting to figure out why tanks only play with their friends now. They're the ones who suffer the long queues, not us :)
    > @ElinLove said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That kinda is what he said as well.
    > And I do agree with you both. There's always ways to avoid trolls and haters, and there's the thicker skin method, that is effective in real world as well as online, where it's way harder to avoid jerks than online.

Yes. True dat. I m not totaly eng speaking and may loose sence in long text sometimes, sorry :3
  • 5H96Y49G6D5H96Y49G6D ✭✭✭
    Skimmed but ur co.plaining about ppl leaving yet ur paety wiped 4 or 5 times ........

Logic
  • roxxapoxxroxxapoxx ✭✭✭
    ElinLove wrote: »
    Sorry but don't q anything if you have severe lag. It's really inconvenient and inconsiderate for other players.

Back to topic, as a kinda main Priest, I gotta say that in DF you really don't need MUCH heal in Verno, but to refuse healing a tank there is beyond stupid and useless. Even less if DPS is also needing heals and not getting. Like pointed that there was a mystic, why not just fill the land with motes? Jeez it's saddening to see who takes my task every now and then... In DF (normal and hard) I've always healed tank when needed, you don't really need much to do it honestly.
    One thing is a red eater tank that doesn't block crap, the other is refusing and throwing a tantrum like a spoiled kid because tank needs some topping every now and then.

I cannot say how the match went cause well, I wasn't there. But it really doesn't take much to heal tank at Verno, nor DPS for that matter. I mean after you went through Prima and Vera, you're set.

Looking at both sides tho, at the healer's side: you really do NOT need more than one person at the front. You don't need a pocket healer at front, unless specific cases like learning run or laggy tank (back at line one of my comment please, before saying crap). If you're in need of a pocket healer at front, you should be doing more learning runs before queuing for the real deal.

Regarding kicks: there's always a whole lot of cases that lead to it, people ask to get kicked because they have no time to run/have to go, got tired ot it, someone IS underperforming beyond the point the group can deal with (this can be a case of elitism OR NOT), bunch of whinnie the pooh players that just need to blame someone for their sucking, anything. I won't say against or in favor, but if the run was that bad I see you didn't lose much for getting out of it and well, they'll take quite a while to get a new tank there.

If it's tera-side everyone will be lagging. That's a different story. I'm talking about people who know very well their latency + their internet connection is not good enough to play thios game. I only just now started experiencing Tera-side lag after years of not having any issues. People blame Tera a bit too much for their lag.
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    ElinLove wrote: »

If it's tera-side everyone will be lagging. That's a different story. I'm talking about people who know very well their latency + their internet connection is not good enough to play thios game. I only just now started experiencing Tera-side lag after years of not having any issues. People blame Tera a bit too much for their lag.

Although it is like saying anyone who is unlucky enough to be on the bad node on Tera's routing provider since valk patch should not enjoy the anniversary event. Personal experience where I only got a huge number of ping spikes recently despite being on full cable with no other routing service on.

But regardless you are right to an extent, because for most tanks even at 300-400ms in DFHM especially considering that the first two bosses are cleared you shouldn't be needing as much heals as you would need resses, and if dps is high enough mechs should be way less and you should be handling this with relative ease.
13»