[PC] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/15 at 6am PDT, and have an expected downtime of 5 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance
[PS4/XB1] Due to an error, we have extended current events (such as dungeon highlights) by one day. The new end time is now 10/15 at 0500 UTC. Thanks for your patience!

That new Xbox controller for Tera and other games

2wr3tys.jpg

Looking good boys and girls! Excited to see how Tera would be with the controller and not with mouse and keyboard.

Comments

• SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks good. I recommend going wired over wireless (if you have the little dongle, that is).

And be sure to take the time to get used to how the assorted keybinds work (if you've never played pad before, of course). It's a little tedious, but you'll thank yourself in the long-term.
  • W7GNYAP55AW7GNYAP55A ✭✭✭
    SageWindu wrote: »
    Looks good. I recommend going wired over wireless (if you have the little dongle, that is).

And be sure to take the time to get used to how the assorted keybinds work (if you've never played pad before, of course). It's a little tedious, but you'll thank yourself in the long-term.

Haha! I'm already enjoying it, holy cow, it really is fun with a controller! I can't wait to test this on Overwatch and over games.
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    ....i'm confused? Tera always has xbox controller support
  • 5H96Y49G6D5H96Y49G6D ✭✭✭
    Tenshi1 wrote: »
    ....i'm confused? Tera always has xbox controller support

the default controls are stupid.

Most controller users modify it to fit their needs.
    A guide on how to do it existed since launch actually.
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Well all I know is I've used one(xbox) for 2+ years and have all my skills set to how I like them/what's easiest to get to when I need to use a certain skill
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mean setting things like what key goes into the next "tray" of skills or what? Cause setting what key does what skill is as easy as hitting Back on controller and then choosing the keys. I always swap jump and main skill, and keep chain on jump (I can't afford to lose another skill key on chain and it rarely affects if you chain stuff properly).

As a wireless controller user (Xbox 360, so it has that receiver on USB, no crappy Bluetooth dongle to become a variable) I would say wireless over wired is just a matter of convenience and makes stuff better. No noticeable input misses or anything like that, range is long and all. I can't say over the quality of the Bluetooth link on the new Xbox One controller that supports it, depends a lot on your PCs Bluetooth hardware.
  • Something you may want to use is xpadder or pinnacle profiler. Programs designed to assign keyboard/mouse functions to gamepads, as Tera is very limited in the support for controllers. Some of the things I do are removing in game binding of Interact and add it as a shoulder button by using xpadder to set F on LB, doesn't interfere with LB's intended function at all. Sure if you use an LB+ABXY attack and there's a mote near you then for a split second you'll reach for the mote but then the attack animation will cancel that. Another thing I do is assign the mouse to the right stick, this allows me to alter the movement speed of the vertical camera and slow it down while maintaining high horizontal speeds. Then I have Esc set to the Start/Menu button when held for 0.3s, this makes skipping cutscenes possible without having reach for the keyboard. Oh and RB if held for 0.1s is PgDn and if held for 0.3s will PgUp for declining and accepting rolls on items, while my jump key is Enter if held for 0.2s to let me agree to Yes/No dialogues that result from rolling on stuff and incoming requests. So many ways to flesh out gamepad support, sucks you have to use 3rd party app to do so, but it isn't any different than having a 15 button mouse with advanced assignments (they come with their own software for that).
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭✭
    For me, pressing LT(How it's initially mapped) for F works fine for me
  • My triggers aren't assigned in any combination except as an attack by themselves. Works great with Reaper combos because no matter which bumper I'm holding I can still press LT and get my spin attack to interrupt animations. Placing that F on a bumper is great just because it frees up another key really.
  • A thread died for this.

WP_20170228_12_14_20_Raw__highres%5B1%5D.jpg
  • QuinX7QuinX7 London ✭✭
    Hey! Does someone know how I can do the following things on Gamepad?

1. Change the Modifiers from RB LB to RB RT so I have both on the right side.
    2. Turn off the function that the cursor shows whenever I interact so I have to press the menu button to hide it again, is there a function to hide it automatically or via walking as in other action games?

Thank you!
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    QuinX7 wrote: »

2. Turn off the function that the cursor shows whenever I interact so I have to press the menu button to hide it again, is there a function to hide it automatically or via walking as in other action games?

Thank you!

You will need an aditional software to make that happen.
  • Tenshi1 wrote: »
    For me, pressing LT(How it's initially mapped) for F works fine for me

Doing that works great to pick stuff up, and start npc/quest giver conversations, but then you have use the mouse (or mouseover with controller) to end the convo.

I played the console the other day, and its the one function I really missed.

I just would hate to have to set up xpadder solely for the F button.
  • CassandraTRCassandraTR ✭✭✭✭✭
    QuinX7 wrote: »

Thank you!

This: https://xpadder.com/?lang=english&country=US
  • QuinX7QuinX7 London ✭✭
    Yeah! I tried it but don't really get the hang of it making the cursor hide when I interact such as on console.

Is someone experienced enough and has a good build how I do that + how I change the modifiers on one side of the pad?

I'm sad I can't get it fully work and always need to press the menu button to turn off the cursor again. A statement from EnMasse on that would be awesome, I'm not sure if that cursor behaviour is intended or can be avoided :(

Thank you!