Higher Ping after the BAM crash event yesterday

Right now my ping went up like almost double from 80-99 to 125-180 today and i live in NA California. Can someone tell me whats going on? :<

Comments

• reporting from SEA region, me and my friends also experience the same thing.

alot higher ping today 50-100ms more. totally unplayable for us at the moment other than hunting boxes.
  • If you're not experiencing spikes, but just an overall increase in latency, could you create a diag report and e-mail it to diag@enmasse.com please? It will give our Operations crew some information about where your ping is increasing en route to our servers.

To create the diag report, click the "Tools" option at the bottom of your TERA launcher and then "Click Here to Test Compuer". The text file will be created on your desktop afterward.
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to confirm, what server is this on? I can at least login and see if I have weird ping as well.
  • mine is fey forest, originally 218-230ms, now 280-330ms

the ping increased happened only after tera crashed sometime today and immediately after that, login and ping increased.

how i notice is because i always have resource monitor on to see the latency.

i will try to email the diag report.
  • edited June 2
    ok somehow after this topic is created, my ping is almost back to its original state after suffering for nearly 12 hours. restarting my pc, logging in and out, testing vpn etc -_-

the backend people must have done some things?
  • 9LWPWJK9D9 wrote: »
    the backend people must have done some things?

No. I wish I could say our Ops crew put on their tactical harnesses, repelled down the side of the data center, and cracked open the Gibson to reroute server data (that's how it works right?)...

... but no changes were made on our end. It could be that your ISP or some link in the chain between your ISP and our server had some extra heavy traffic which went away, or was rerouted. Glad to know the extra latency was temporary.