EME could you stop putting stuff on sale knowing that it will be useless a week later?

Comments

• HysphericalHyspherical ✭✭✭
    Not many other reasons that it'd be on sale. This isn't surprising.
  • edited June 6
    The wording in the news post was like so...
    It’s time to close out our inventory of inner armor loot boxes to make room for the 2017 models coming in Lakan's Fury update.

...along with the June 6 date given for both the sale end date and release of Lakan's Fury. Old inner armors are being removed from the store right now, so this discount was your last chance to buy them.

Inner armors have pretty much become a yearly installment, with each year not only having new looks but also slightly improved stats. That doesn't make existing inner armor any worse. The old inner armor stats don't decrease or anything. So with a date and the confirmation that 2017 inner armors were coming today, I don't think there was any secrecy to this sale. I'm not sure how it could have been explained better in the news post, but if you have suggestions please feel free to give them, as it might help for next time TERA has a sale like this.
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 6
    Spacecats wrote: »
    I'm not sure how it could have been explained better in the news post, but if you have suggestions please feel free to give them, as it might help for next time TERA has a sale like this.

Personally, I took it as "the only reason they'd release new models was if they had better stats to go with it." But the TERA community is used to be able to see what happens in other regions first to know what the new models are and what the new stats would be. This time, the new models were released in EU and NA before K-TERA, so there was no prior notice specific to the stats. It also had not been so very long since the previous models were released in our region, so some may have been surprised that a new model with better stats would be released so quickly. Some may have believed it would just be a new look with the same stats as the previous model.

To make it more clear, I think the missing statement people were looking for would be something like "While the old models will continue to work indefinitely, the new models will feature a brand new look and slightly improved stats." ...or something like that.
  • To make it more clear, I think the missing statement people were looking for would be something like "While the old models will continue to work indefinitely, the new models will feature a brand new look and slightly improved stats." ...or something like that.

I think it's given that the old inners would work indefinitely. I like the suggestion of adding "improved stats", but it makes me wonder if we've ever released innerwear in the past that simply had a new appearance with identical stats?
  • canikizucanikizu ✭✭✭
    To make it more clear, I think the missing statement people were looking for would be something like "While the old models will continue to work indefinitely, the new models will feature a brand new look and slightly improved stats." ...or something like that.

I think it's given that the old inners would work indefinitely. I like the suggestion of adding "improved stats", but it makes me wonder if we've ever released innerwear in the past that simply had a new appearance with identical stats?

Yes, Dyeable Inner, Dragon Silk inner are identical with the Intimates line, all give +16 crit.
    edited June 6

Yes, though it was a bit messy, and perhaps due to a patch lag issue in the old days.

In 2015, the original 2014 models were first updated with new stats:
    http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/inner-armor-loot-boxes-now-available

...and then the new 2015 models were released with the same stats as the updated ones:
    http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/velik-s-secret-inner-armor-sale

The 2016 model was released with the new stats, and the older models were not updated (but kept in the store). And now in 2017, the new models have new stats, and all the previous models were removed.

(But again, part of what made this time different as well was that there was no forward visibility to K-TERA, which is where people usually get their info about the stats incoming gear would have. If it had been released on K-TERA first as in the past, the community would have already known about the stats and spread the word. Obviously that's not anyone's fault, but just a different dynamic this time around.)
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭

Yes, though it was a bit messy, and perhaps due to a patch lag issue in the old days.

...and then the new 2015 models were released with the same stats as the updated ones:

The 2016 model was released with the new stats, and the older models were not updated (but kept in the store). And now in 2017, the new models have new stats, and all the previous models were removed.

(But again, part of what made this time different as well was that there was no forward visibility to K-TERA, which is where people usually get their info about the stats incoming gear would have. If it had been released on K-TERA first as in the past, the community would have already known about the stats and spread the word. Obviously that's not anyone's fault, but just a different dynamic this time around.)

ALL? You mean even the signature ones are kaput and only the plain/bland new ones are the option?

...please don't be so...
  • Spacecats wrote: »

Gotcha. That makes sense!
    ElinLove wrote: »

ALL? You mean even the signature ones are kaput and only the plain/bland new ones are the option?

...please don't be so...

Yup. I'm guessing that maybe the dyeable ones are still on TERA Emporium (unless that got updated too), but if there's an older model you wanted, I'd get on the broker now.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭

...please don't be so...

Yup. I'm guessing that maybe the dyeable ones are still on TERA Emporium (unless that got updated too), but if there's an older model you wanted, I'd get on the broker now.

I wouldn't buy inners on Tera emporium, those are really expensive to use your credits for.
    ElinUsagi wrote: »

...please don't be so...

I wouldn't buy inners on Tera emporium, those are really expensive to use your credits for.

Well, yeah, particularly if it's the older model anyway. Just that it's probably the only place left where any of the older models exist... unless that too was changed.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »

...please don't be so...

It is only good for being afk and staring at your char's but.t ;)
  • MontblanckMontblanck ✭✭✭
    The wording in the news post was like so...
    It’s time to close out our inventory of inner armor loot boxes to make room for the 2017 models coming in Lakan's Fury update.

...along with the June 6 date given for both the sale end date and release of Lakan's Fury. Old inner armors are being removed from the store right now, so this discount was your last chance to buy them.

Inner armors have pretty much become a yearly installment, with each year not only having new looks but also slightly improved stats. That doesn't make existing inner armor any worse. The old inner armor stats don't decrease or anything. So with a date and the confirmation that 2017 inner armors were coming today, I don't think there was any secrecy to this sale. I'm not sure how it could have been explained better in the news post, but if you have suggestions please feel free to give them, as it might help for next time TERA has a sale like this.

Probably my only suggestion would be mention the increase of stats if ever a new item comes, in news post or in streams/forums. Hopefully this would apply to dragons, innerwear, and any other stat-altering items you guys might be planning or thinking to release in the future.
  • StarSpriteStarSprite ✭✭✭✭
    I agree we could use more transparency when it comes to shop updates that have Stat increasing items.

I also think gf tokens should be more available than they are now. Not sure why these are so rare given the poor rng and now there will be yearly update.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well the only thing I can say is "Thank You EME for include those inners on Golden Finger tokens already".

FPSvP9w.jpg

Got this in my second box today ^^

n98CGPp.jpg

And it doesn't look as bad as I thoguht after looking at Female Humans with one ^^