PC to Console Account transfer

I have most characters and a lot of items on my PC account. Is there going to be account transfers to ps4 or xbox?

Comments

• As Spacecats has mentioned before in other various Forum Threads asking about TERA Console, although we would like to give you a fully accurate answer, we unfortunately don't have an official answer at this time, as there are still many factors that have yet to be determined.

When more details have been officially confirmed, there will most likely be a News Post announcement provided.
  • Wouldn't this simply give you an economic advantage over new player?
  • Also it would give pc players way too much control. With all the pew pew from pc about console i'm scared it will be eso all over again.
  • Personally I think there shouldn't be a merge between console and PC, especially if the rework to the UI and mechanics start to favor more to the Console rather than PC.

But what do I know? BHS has proven us time and again that they are capable of making things that work not work so idk.
  • aeee98 wrote: »
    Personally I think there shouldn't be a merge between console and PC, especially if the rework to the UI and mechanics start to favor more to the Console rather than PC.

But what do I know? BHS has proven us time and again that they are capable of making things that work not work so idk.

Merging is not what this topic is about. As I have said in other threads as well as one I made myself, I would like to see a transfer option. At the very least an option to transfer cosmetics, pets and mounts. ESO offered full copies of pc accounts to consoles for a limited time for a fee, so it is possible and beneficial to do the same/something similar.
  • Merging is not what this topic is about. As I have said in other threads as well as one I made myself, I would like to see a transfer option. At the very least an option to transfer cosmetics, pets and mounts. ESO offered full copies of pc accounts to consoles for a limited time for a fee, so it is possible and beneficial to do the same/something similar.

I would pay to have my costumes, mounts, and pets from all my characters transferred over. I prefer playing on consoles and those items would be bound to my characters so I wouldn't make any profit selling them. As for being unbalanced... I don't do any end game content or grinding for +15 equipment/mats. I just like being cute. :3
  • Wouldn't this simply give you an economic advantage over new player?

Same as when it came Steam and LOTS of new players joined TERA. The good, the bad, the ones that stayed and the ones that left. It was precisely the same, just an influx of new players into the game.
    I can't see how having experienced people to show the ropes is bad to whoever is starting up as new. Economy wise, pricing and the likes would end up leveling the same way, if the console players don't have cross play with PC it could mean many swap to one or the other, and these have knowledge of the ways of making gold and the pricing too. Besides console players would actually also have an advantage, like having the materials at disposal for purchase from the PC folks.

Granted, we gotta filter out the cancerous haters that might want to ruin it.
    aeee98 wrote: »
    Personally I think there shouldn't be a merge between console and PC, especially if the rework to the UI and mechanics start to favor more to the Console rather than PC.

I can't see how UI rework would be bad to PC for being beneficial to console, I can't see it as a trade rather just a benefit. If mechanics get reworked, and I doubt it, then it would likely just make it easier for both at the same time. Being a controller player I really wish the controller support on PC gets better and better by the time too. It's not about making it easier, just more ergonomic, removing an issue from one side to keep both playing more equally.
  • ElinLove wrote: »

I can't see how UI rework would be bad to PC for being beneficial to console, I can't see it as a trade rather just a benefit. If mechanics get reworked, and I doubt it, then it would likely just make it easier for both at the same time. Being a controller player I really wish the controller support on PC gets better and better by the time too. It's not about making it easier, just more ergonomic, removing an issue from one side to keep both playing more equally.

I'd imagine it might be the case where the consoles get a UI that doesn't impact the performance while the PC one doesn't get updated.

I'd imagine it might be the case where the consoles get a UI that doesn't impact the performance while the PC one doesn't get updated.

Agreed that would be stupid beyond explanation. I'm one that is hoping they fix it for both (considering it's the same CPU architecture as a PC)
  • I predict that if it turns out the console version runs better than the PC version, BHS would suffer a colossal s**tstorm over it.

On topic, an account transfer would be nice, even if it's only one time and you have to "buy" into it. I'd need one of those controller adapters tho...
    Wouldn't this simply give you an economic advantage over new player?

Same as when it came Steam and LOTS of new players joined TERA. The good, the bad, the ones that stayed and the ones that left. It was precisely the same, just an influx of new players into the game.
    I was speaking on the premise the game would be an entire reboot, with a dedicated server for console only, so at state 0, there would be absolutely nothing on the broker. in this case, this would definitely give transferred characters an economic advantage over other players.

It just doesn't make sense for me for EME to simply open the current tera (including pc servers) to console so i hadn't considered your syllogism with the steam analogue. with my train of thought, it would definitely not be the same.

I was speaking on the premise the game would be an entire reboot, with a dedicated server for console only, so at state 0, there would be absolutely nothing on the broker. in this case, this would definitely give transferred characters an economic advantage over other players.

It just doesn't make sense for me for EME to simply open the current tera (including pc servers) to console so i hadn't considered your syllogism with the steam analogue. with my train of thought, it would definitely not be the same.

<3
  • What they should do is:

Make the game cross-platform so that PC and console users can play together BUT, make new console players be directed so one new server only and allow server transfers after reaching 65 at least this wont really give any advantage towards a transferred account from PC to console since it would be like regular players starting out.
  • Grimoir wrote: »
    What they should do is:

Make the game cross-platform so that PC and console users can play together BUT, make new console players be directed so one new server only and allow server transfers after reaching 65 at least this wont really give any advantage towards a transferred account from PC to console since it would be like regular players starting out.
    How does that change anything? Alot of 65s on pc already to transfer over keep in mind eso did this look what happened i mean i get it it would be nice to not start all over but time and again we have seen ruin from this kind of thinking.

Side question could this reboot be why it's killing me waiting for console release? Like are they finally fixing the coding?