Insane lag and Freezes

Every dungeon lagging/Freezing like a crazy, unplayable.

Comments

• edited June 8
    yea, a lot of people, myself included, are having the same issue where they have insane delays and desyncs on VSHM(havent tested the other dungs). Open world is fine, it is just the dungeon servers causing the issue. I wonder if EME is even aware of this and if they are, why havent they done an emergency maintenance in order to try to fix it.
  • I mentioned on my thread, there is a delay, it happens even outside dungeons, but not so noticeable, but dungeons, specially IMS, you can feel it hard.

For example: BR, on Fulminar, on Annihilation phase, we got 3 players dead, me included, we saw ourselves in the circle, but actually we were outside and lagged out. That was a huge one, but mostly delay and lag after that.
  • Im fine outside the dungeons, stable nice and low ping but when ever i go inside a dungeon, ex (vshm) where i already need to have my ping okay, noooooo boooom 400 extra msg, spikes to 4 or 5k, freezes and everyone spawns dead or dies outside of the hitboxes and stuff, not to mention that i got kicked from the game 8 times since yestarday (game disconnected) or some stuff like that, like if it werent already hard to find a party that doesnt want you to +15 to run something, the only party i find fine with my gear and i have to leave cus insane lag, i dont know what else im suposed to do, it's not my internet, every other game works fine, my chat programs are fine, my ping is stable, not my router or modem or birds hanging themselves from my cables or anything, just tera servers...
  • Dungeons are a pain today. Laggs almost every of them. Hardly completed gquests :cry: Outside font feel anything.
    Living on CH.
  • Thursday I was doing TSNM and Hemera curve shot me, like the shot turned 90° in the air and hit me. Ping was going north of 400ms, locks were dreadful, died many times on mid circle AOE trying to tank it with Kaia when it turns out my Kaia didn't trigger on server albeit it showed OK on my side and yay dead.

This was AV by the way, LFG run so not inside the instance server, as far as I know at least.
    Not that it's impossible to be inside the IM server with a normal LFG, I don't know enough of the server organization structure to confirm/deny it.
    Wonder how it's now but ehhh headache and light fever so I'll pass on TERA today
  • Hey guys. We've checked with our Operations team to make sure there wasn't any network instability or server resource issues, and there are no indications of excessive load or memory usage. There's also no indication of mass player disconnects following the server outage yesterday (which was caused by an error unrelated to player traffic).

Lag is notoriously difficult to measure and pin down (especially when so much can cause internet latency). The recent reports that we've been getting from the player side indicate that people outside the US are having the most trouble, which makes sense.

Keep in mind that TERA is hosted in Chicago, so if you're connecting to the game from areas a great distance from there, your experience may be less than ideal or subject to interference that is often outside our control.
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    Hey guys. We've checked with our Operations team to make sure there wasn't any network instability or server resource issues, and there are no indications of excessive load or memory usage. There's also no indication of mass player disconnects following the server outage yesterday (which was caused by an error unrelated to player traffic).

Lag is notoriously difficult to measure and pin down (especially when so much can cause internet latency). The recent reports that we've been getting from the player side indicate that people outside the US are having the most trouble, which makes sense.

Keep in mind that TERA is hosted in Chicago, so if you're connecting to the game from areas a great distance from there, your experience may be less than ideal or subject to interference that is often outside our control.

Dear Spacecats give one day of your life to try play the game to see the REAL SITUATION.
    Hey guys. We've checked with our Operations team to make sure there wasn't any network instability or server resource issues, and there are no indications of excessive load or memory usage. There's also no indication of mass player disconnects following the server outage yesterday (which was caused by an error unrelated to player traffic).

this has to be a joke, players from the us are having this issue, 14k+ ms at times, what nonsense is this, EVERYONE in game lags at the same time every time no matter where you are from.

I'm from the east coast, I have two from the midwest, one from Cali, and one party member who lives IN CHICAGO. We're all experiencing freezes. We've wiped to lag to many times. We're all people inside the US who can't get a run without freezes and stops. My guild is majority US, some Canada - all having issues.
  • maybe instead of telling players theres nothing they can do, its their fault, or that theres no lag at all you should listen to them when countless threads have been made about this already (:
  • Seriously, get on MT or run vshm for a few hours of active playtime.. there's no hope you won't get a lag spike in that time. Are you sure the server isn't doing the same thing as the client, reporting 20% cpu usage because it's only using two cores, and that's giving you the false idea that there's no server-related lag?
  • edited June 9
    At VSHM, there was lag so bad that no one could attack but we all continued to get hit by the boss. This persisted for roughly ten seconds. We were all feeling it; in voice chat we were freaking out about it as it happened to each of us at the same time. We live in different regions of the U.S., so it's not an isolated geographical thing. If there's nothing you can do because your servers are hosted in one place and your actual workplace is in another, then that's one thing; but please don't say there's nothing wrong and then imply it's on our end when whole raids are affected at the same time and multiple threads have been made on the issue already. Perhaps the network operations team you're relying on to check this out could look again, or could adjust their loose definition of "everything's fine," since the people using their servers every day are having a terrible time of it. Or, if you're being asked to lie about the situation by your superiors, perhaps you could end your next post in a wink or write your posts in code so we know you're under duress and can send in help. :anguished:
  • Natthan wrote: »
    Spacecats wrote: »

Dear Spacecats give one day of your life to try play the game to see the REAL SITUATION.

he just maxed a Valkyrie on AV, that is not the real problem. problem is infrastructure on America is for the 3rd countries, it is shet.
  • A few times I totally desync'd, ended up in a corner punching a wall while my team lay dead or dying. Been getting that ever since the last patch, horrible lag spikes, or utter desync as mentioned. Only in dungeons.
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    problem is infrastructure on America is for the 3rd countries, it is shet.

I think the problem is actually the US infrastructure or internal routing issues, I play from southern Europe and rarely encounter lag, my 160 ms are pretty stable. I have some guildies that are from Europe as well, and I've never heard them complaining about lag.
    So, while sometimes the fault is undeniably server side (like 2 days ago, right before the crash), when it comes to normal lag the fault isn't all on EME's side.