Looking for console update

edited June 9 in General Discussion
I've noticed alot of games for this gen of console games are going dark. By this i mean vastly extended periods with no update your tera for console, capcom with deep down, aeria with blessed. I don't know why so many have gone dark you are losing players intrest with the lack of updates. I mean for you guys i don't know if it's lack of communication from blue hole, a matter of being over whelmed with the console port and kritika, maybe someone made a huge mistake and and your fixing it, maybe filling in all the details pc doesn't need but console will like voice chat, or even fixing the optimization, or even the horrific nightmare that is soon... even soon is something. But I do know people including well severely me want to know what's going on. Anything at all would respark our excitement for tera again so i'm begging with my big cute foxy elin eyes pwease give us a update anything at all.

Comments

• They can give updates when they actually have something to give.
  • Always something to give
  • Well, saying something vague and then go completely dark for weeks and sometimes months is a long known tactic of EME.

They don't plan things out. They got the news and went out and spilled the beans without thinking what's going to happen when they will have no news to share.

Raising the hype and then go dark for months is an awful tactic. What they should have done is get a banch of news first and then start releasing info bit by bit till the actual release. If that meant that they should announce on July for example then July it is. Announcing on February and then go silent for months is just bad planningand goes to show the level of quality of job they put in the game. Just sloppy.
  • Seikilos wrote: »
    Well, saying something vague and then go completely dark for weeks and sometimes months is a long known tactic of EME.

They don't plan things out. They got the news and went out and spilled the beans without thinking what's going to happen when they will have no news to share.

Raising the hype and then go dark for months is an awful tactic. What they should have done is get a banch of news first and then start releasing info bit by bit till the actual release. If that meant that they should announce on July for example then July it is. Announcing on February and then go silent for months is just bad planningand goes to show the level of quality of job they put in the game. Just sloppy.

That first senance is the soon nightmare :P but yeah just giving us something would be uberty.
  • Edited title to remove callouts. If you have a question for a specific person please use direct messages.
  • Right now there are no additional details about TERA console to give other than the fact that it's on the way in 2017, bringing the world of TERA to console with a new UI and controller-based setup built from the ground up. The closed beta is still accepting sign-ups for both PS4 and Xbox: http://tera.enmasse.com/consolebeta

• Spacecats wrote: »
    Right now there are no additional details about TERA console to give other than the fact that it's on the way in 2017, bringing the world of TERA to console with a new UI and controller-based setup built from the ground up. The closed beta is still accepting sign-ups for both PS4 and Xbox: http://tera.enmasse.com/consolebeta

Half year left!!

I sure hope those UI changes can be at least partially ported to PC version. I mean controller players on PC would surely rejoice an updated AND BETTER PERFORMANCE OPTIMIZED UI system, for controller or keyboard and mouse usage.

If you can, please, pass along that we PC players do hope seeing console fixes on our PC game too. It's about time a 2012 game runs properly in 2017.
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    Right now there are no additional details about TERA console to give other than the fact that it's on the way in 2017, bringing the world of TERA to console with a new UI and controller-based setup built from the ground up. The closed beta is still accepting sign-ups for both PS4 and Xbox: http://tera.enmasse.com/consolebeta

too bad that after 4 months have no additional details for us , anyway im kinda sad , i was hoping to see some news at E3 but as i saw in other post you guys aint gonna join it .

hope to see some detail soon cuz im tired of these console games , i want to spend my time in something worthy , and theres no game in console that give me that feeling yet . tera gave me that when i playd on PC few months ago , but im excited to play it on console ^^
  • edited June 11
    so since than black desert will be released on xbox one x in 2018, is mean tera will be also released at this time or tera will be released on xbox one x after black desert ?
  • edited June 11
    > @vkobe said:
    > so since than black desert will be released on xbox one x in 2018, is mean tera will be also released at this time or tera will be released on xbox one x after black desert ?

Do not think those games are anyhow connected... I wonder if we get PS4 black desert thou bcs they said exclusive xbonex....
    We need updates , summer won't last forever !
  • Black desert is a prime competitor to Tera. I kinda hope it does that way i can try it but my <3 belongs to Elins
  • Also i'm curious they have a working UI they proved it with screen shots. I know they said voice chat but it's almost half way through 2017 and blue hole started hiring to port tera over a year ago.
  • Patoot wrote: »
    Black desert is a prime competitor to Tera. I kinda hope it does that way i can try it but my <3 belongs to Elins

its not a direct tho

one is f2p while other is B2P. How devs choose too monetize their game affect the overall experience and so you can't compare. Suffice to say if game went Sub only it would die again pretty quickly b/c the lag and lack of content no excuse.
  • it never succeed. it never succeed
  • it never succeed. it never succeed

Define success. As a way to totally reinvigorate the game and make it one of the world's top-rated MMOs that everyone wants to play? No, surely not. TERA's still an old game made by a tiny company that can't really compete with the big boys. But as a project to train and develop their internal teams on developing and publishing multiplatform console games? As a way to get some revenue back for efforts spend on optimizing the engine and UI? Probably will work out okay for them. It expands their reach and gives them some focus to keep the game alive for a few more years. They've also now got PUBG coming on consoles, so I think this is just part of the way they're trying to develop/evolve the company (including EME).