Goldfinger Token Farming (Low rate in ghillie + suggestion for them to drop in PoP)

2»

Comments

• Catservant wrote: »
    +1 for another source of GF tokens AND for the ty on circlet fragments.

Granted.
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 12
    Halrath wrote: »
    Catservant wrote: »

Granted.

Noice, time to kill those things : :3

PS: Thanks for this, hope we see more of these for IOD bams, it gets boring at least with tweaks like this, we can bare it :awesome:
  • CassandraTRCassandraTR ✭✭✭
    edited June 12
    You don't always get a ruby, though. Last time I got a pearl.

And sometimes you get two rubies. I just did 4 runs and got 6 rubies.
    voidy wrote: »
    Yeah man just do like 30 runs of the most boring, repetitive solo dungeon in the game across every alt you have using reset scrolls that basically don't exist anymore and you'll get enough tokens to barely buy an inner box haha :proud:

It takes about 50 minutes to do that. Do you know how long it used to take me to farm 80 tokens? 4 runs x 2 characters was all I could stand, it took about 2 weeks, sometimes a 12-13 days to get 1 inner, and they were almost always garbage. I have a full bank tab of worthless green inners. Now I can get one almost every day, in no time at all. You're crazy if you think that's not broken.

czczcz wrote: »
    You've ran it 8 times? Do you think that's a lot or something?

I've run it 4x per character on 5 characters, almost every day, sometimes resetting using the now worthless old reset scrolls. Every 24 runs (4 characters, 2 resets,) returns on average 60 tokens for me. So far I've gotten an inner wear almost every day. one 20 crit, two 9 power, one 16 crit, and two or three 12 crits.

And there are people that do more runs than I do (and don't act like 24 runs is hard to do. I can do all of them in about 55 minutes.) Increasing the drop of goldfingers would just glut the supply even more.

If anything, the emerald drop rate needs to be looked at, not the goldfinger drop. I've done almost 200 runs and I've only seen one emerald. Before this update, I used to see them at least every other day. Sometimes two per day.

8 times is not a lot of runs. Do more runs.
    Yep, play this game like it's your job and you'll see results. Whether that's worth doing is up to you.

I personally got bored of Ghilliewhatever after 3 runs. Haven't bothered with it since...

No, it's not play this game like a job, it's do the content you want with the time you have, and get what you want! It's not that hard.

edit:

See Halrath granted your request! Now you can make IoD your daily job, and then gripe about that. lol...
  • LesbianViLesbianVi ✭✭✭✭✭
    TWMagimay wrote: »
    LesbianVi wrote: »
    24 runs is like 30 mins a day..

No, it's not. You have to run to the tree, fight it without backcrit(or crit scroll because you had this idea of being a healer), wait for the chest to spawn and go through 2 loading screens. The non-fighting alone will take up ~1min per run.

welp, you are right, I just considered the GG run time :neutral: so 45 to 60 mins for 24 runs is the total time.
  • KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭

Granted.

Thanks for that, but come on... the announcement is made 1 hour before the start of the event (unless I'm reading my timezone chart wrong)? You guys don't learn, do you?
  • Haggard86Haggard86 ✭✭✭✭
    > @KarmaTheAlligator said:
    > Halrath wrote: »
    >
    > Catservant wrote: »
    >
    > +1 for another source of GF tokens AND for the ty on circlet fragments.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Granted.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Thanks for that, but come on... the announcement is made 1 hour before the start of the event (unless I'm reading my timezone chart wrong)? You guys don't learn, do you?

Oh relax, it's just a small event for iod, the thing most of us run anyways, since it's still the best way to increase your reward tier :/
  • KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭
    Haggard86 wrote: »
    Oh relax, it's just a small event for iod, the thing most of us run anyways, since it's still the best way to increase your reward tier :/

It's not about the event, it's about their timing. Some of us have lives outside TERA. Sure, this time around, it's no big deal, but how long has that trend of announcing stuff at the last minute lasted? The whole anniversary event was last minute stuff.
  • XaeraXaera ✭✭✭
    I never would have guessed this would be such a divisive issue, I'm sorry.

This should be an amusing little event though! Thank you @Halrath ~
  • CassandraTRCassandraTR ✭✭✭
    It's not about the event, it's about their timing. Some of us have lives outside TERA. Sure, this time around, it's no big deal, but how long has that trend of announcing stuff at the last minute lasted? The whole anniversary event was last minute stuff.

And the griping starts!

lol
  • StevenAnthonyStevenAnthony ✭✭✭✭
    Xaera wrote: »
    Since they revamped the box gotten from said tokens, I have run Ghillieglade 8 times. I have gotten a total of 7-8 Goldfinger tokens. This is kinda ridiculous. Would it be possible for at least one token to be guaranteed per run?

I also suggest that they be added to the loot table in the Pit of Petrax. After all, PoP is based off of Vault, and Vault dropped them. So perhaps they could be added? Right now, unless it has some quite good rare drops it didn't drop the one time I ran it, it isn't all that worth running. So since more ways of farming Goldfingers would be good, as would making PoP more worth running, I'd say that's a second logical reason for the tokens to be added to the loot table.

And for anyone who may answer "drop rate is low because they want people to buy innerwear off cash shop", I reply with, I do not want the pink innerwear, I want the gray innerwear.

(Also to whomever added Circlet Fragments to the Ace Shop, and for such a reasonable price, thank you SO SO much! I had lost all hope of upgrading my circlet until that happened.)

guillegade always be this rng in goldenfingers tokens, now you want farm rite?, and you have hurry to get them.................

no, pliss wait for triple event droop ( because last vault days goldenfigers tokens was removed in loot table ), or add to high tier dungeons
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭

Granted.

And found in game by accident this morning when I went to get IOD tokens. THANK YOU.

You are my personal genie, Halrath?
  • Halrath wrote: »

Granted.

THANKS A TON. much appreciated ignore the haters.
2»