Battleground Jackpots Severely Nerfed!

Comments

• well I was going to actually aim for VM9 now and start running some BG to get the untradeable mats but then I come here and read the drop rate is so low? :'( so sad. pls fix. seems that there is obviously something wrong.
  • I'd say the only time I had good luck with VM was when I won every Skyring over and over and over... it was like 10 hours of winning and only a few VM mats.. so yeah @_@ pretty tough RNG... a little obnoxious. I stopped q'ing in hopes of getting anything for VM. I've needed 2 badges for the past like 4 days after PVEing and I tried to get a jackpot.. was useless.
  • LesbianVi wrote: »
    LancerJiva wrote: »
    I think they should remove the scales / feedstock and just have the mats tbh.

then those which doesn't want to craft VM gear won't be doing BGs, and your que timer goes sky high. They just need to give it a proper rotation and not totally RNG, so 2 or 1 jackpot keep appearing.

and remove battle potion crap from those boxes, we can relate to HP but we are all getting battle potion from every where.

People will still do bgs for boxes. The dragon scales and feedstock is only a minuscule of a reward. They're worthless.
  • @Spacecats
    You're telling us that all of a sudden the whole TERA playerbase had a luck change? lol
  • edited June 13
    Fleett wrote: »
    @Spacecats
    You're telling us that all of a sudden the whole TERA playerbase had a luck change? lol

Nobody's really saying what kind of loot they were getting before, just that they aren't happy with what they're getting now. Threads like this are always a callout for people who think they aren't getting enough loot. I'm not saying the loot shouldn't or couldn't be better, but believe me that the settings have gone completely untouched. The chances of each item appearing in the jackpot is the same as it was during all of May and the start of June. They just swapped Handkerchiefs, Envys, and Hypnos with Banners, Badges, and Talismans when the new armor set came out.

I'll suggest to the TERA product team that the rewards be increased from what they have been. If PvPers don't feel like they're being rewarded for their time in BGs, it's definitely something that should be looked at.
  • > @Spacecats said:
    > Fleett wrote: »
    >
    > @Spacecats
    > You're telling us that all of a sudden the whole TERA playerbase had a luck change? lol
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Nobody's really saying what kind of loot they were getting before, just that they aren't happy with what they're getting now. Threads like this are always a callout for people who think they aren't getting enough loot. I'm not saying the loot shouldn't or couldn't be better, but believe me that the settings have gone completely untouched. The chances of each item appearing in the jackpot is the same as it was during all of May and the start of June. They just swapped Handkerchiefs, Envys, and Hypnos with Banners, Badges, and Talismans when the new armor set came out.
    >
    > I'll suggest to the TERA product team that the rewards be increased from what they have been. If PvPers don't feel like they're being rewarded for their time in BGs, it's definitely something that should be looked at.

People have been complaining of dragon scales and feedstock how do you say that people haven't been saying what their getting and what their not? That's what this whole thread is about. People are doing bgs for vm mats not feedstock and useless dragon scales.
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    @Spacecats

Nobody's really saying what kind of loot they were getting before, just that they aren't happy with what they're getting now. Threads like this are always a callout for people who think they aren't getting enough loot. I'm not saying the loot shouldn't or couldn't be better, but believe me that the settings have gone completely untouched. The chances of each item appearing in the jackpot is the same as it was during all of May and the start of June. They just swapped Handkerchiefs, Envys, and Hypnos with Banners, Badges, and Talismans when the new armor set came out.

I'll suggest to the TERA product team that the rewards be increased from what they have been. If PvPers don't feel like they're being rewarded for their time in BGs, it's definitely something that should be looked at.

We are voicing what we are receiving.

If nothing's been changed server side then something has changed elsewhere? Maybe more games are in play lowering the actual amount of VM materials each person is seeing in a match? If that's true, great news with more players actually Pvping.

However the first week of things, I can say I roughly saw a VM jackpot 25-35% of the games I played. Now it's 5%?
  • Furthermore I forgot to add @Spacecats if things weren't changed or touched, then can you explain why Lakan's Scales are in there when they weren't before? You said twice now that things weren't touched when players have posted getting them, including myself.
  • LancerJiva wrote: »
    Furthermore I forgot to add @Spacecats if things weren't changed or touched, then can you explain why Lakan's Scales are in there when they weren't before? You said twice now that things weren't touched when players have posted getting them, including myself.

What he's referring to are the probabilities for the loot table (which I set up). Yes, the Tier 11 mats were swapped out for the Tier 12 mats, but that is literally the only change made. It is the same table that we have used since I began my tenure here. The Tier 12 mats were intended to be rare drops (and they are). Most of the time, you will earn dragon scales or feedstock.
  • Hestiakyu wrote: »
    Spacecats wrote: »
    The loot tables haven't been nerfed or changed in any way. They're the same as when they were set up. I'm afraid the only thing that's changed is your luck :/

Well then everyone's luck went to [filtered] cause this is something that have been noticed by a lot of players not just a handful.

c30f9c9c0b2b8f58d07a3b84f35b834d.gif
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    @Spacecats

Thank you a lot @Spacecats , hopefully a change on the rates will allow us to craft the VM by doing PvP (since that's what we enjoy)

And please consider to tale out the Dragon Nails, they are the worst, you need a whole 4 games won to make a single scroll and you need 40 of these to get a skill book that no ones really wants (which means 160 won games) each one of them last for about 20 minutes.... if you won them all.... So about 50 hours of our time wasted for something that no one truly wants.
  • Halrath wrote: »
    Furthermore I forgot to add @Spacecats if things weren't changed or touched, then can you explain why Lakan's Scales are in there when they weren't before? You said twice now that things weren't touched when players have posted getting them, including myself.

What he's referring to are the probabilities for the loot table (which I set up). Yes, the Tier 11 mats were swapped out for the Tier 12 mats, but that is literally the only change made. It is the same table that we have used since I began my tenure here. The Tier 12 mats were intended to be rare drops (and they are). Most of the time, you will earn dragon scales or feedstock.

@Halrath please consider to tweak the % rates a bit so we don't keep getting dragon nails 90% of the time cause a 20 minute battleground for 3 dragon nails makes you feel severely disappointed, thank you.
  • > @Halrath said:
    > LancerJiva wrote: »
    >
    > Furthermore I forgot to add @Spacecats if things weren't changed or touched, then can you explain why Lakan's Scales are in there when they weren't before? You said twice now that things weren't touched when players have posted getting them, including myself.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > What he's referring to are the probabilities for the loot table (which I set up). Yes, the Tier 11 mats were swapped out for the Tier 12 mats, but that is literally the only change made. It is the same table that we have used since I began my tenure here. The Tier 12 mats were intended to be rare drops (and they are). Most of the time, you will earn dragon scales or feedstock.

the vm9 mats still shouldn't be so rare. come on. I am so tired of lame pve content to get mats and where the only other alternative being battlegrounds where the rate of vm mats is low. I hope the vm mats chances are increased. atm it's either grind boring pve content that I mostly haven't even learned yet in fear of lag and being a floormat or grind pvp, more fun, but this extremely lousy vm drop rate is off putting.

Rare or a myth? I think its B.

Why would you even think making it a rare drop was a good idea? That's RNG on top of RNG, because you rarely get the material as a bonus, and furthermore you don't know if your team will win. Those who are trying to get Deathwrack through PvP means, which is pretty much everyone that is running a BG does not want useless Dragon Scales and Feedstock, we want the Deathwrack materials.