AV Outage, June 13

Comments

• say bye to Humedras. after the reset it will reset the spawn time again xD
  • Be there first thing.
    -Moonstrike
  • "It's mostly people out of NA having issues, which makes sense"

What part of this makes sense to any of you good folks at EME?

A server crash is different from lag. Please don't quote EME staff out of context. It gives people the wrong idea and muddles communication for people that are honestly looking for help.

I commented earlier about latency and how there are multiple ways your connection can be affected (including server performance on our end that has nothing to do with your ISP). Check it out if you're looking for clarification.
  • Ascension Valley is back up and running. People should be able to log back in now.
  • LyeirLyeir
    edited June 13
    how about give us our consumables back that were wasted, also the loot from the first boss that we killed has vanished from my inventory, whats up with that ?
  • > @Spacecats said:
    > saltedcaramel wrote: »
    >
    > "It's mostly people out of NA having issues, which makes sense"
    >
    > What part of this makes sense to any of you good folks at EME?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > A server crash is different from lag. Please don't quote EME staff out of context. It gives people the wrong idea and muddles communication for people that are honestly looking for help.
    >
    > I commented earlier about latency and how there are multiple ways your connection can be affected (including server performance on our end that has nothing to do with your ISP). Check it out if you're looking for clarification.

Consider the amount of issues AV has been having recently. Do you really think anyone in AV cares about about the context in quoted text?
  • > @Spacecats said:
    > saltedcaramel wrote: »
    >
    > "It's mostly people out of NA having issues, which makes sense"
    >
    > What part of this makes sense to any of you good folks at EME?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > A server crash is different from lag. Please don't quote EME staff out of context. It gives people the wrong idea and muddles communication for people that are honestly looking for help.
    >
    > I commented earlier about latency and how there are multiple ways your connection can be affected (including server performance on our end that has nothing to do with your ISP). Check it out if you're looking for clarification.

Consider the amount of issues AV has been having recently. Do you really think anyone in AV cares about about the context in quoted text?

Most people want the truth, not a random quote from a different thread concerning a different topic. It's one of the reasons that misrepresentation is listed in the forum rules & guidelines.
  • I want the truth why is AV lagging and crashing more than any other server???
  • YES, WHERE IS THE TRUTH, WHY DID AV CRASH TWICE IN A WEEK?!
  • So most people want the truth. OK. Give us the concise truth then - why exactly has AV been having the most server-side issues? Entire parties are freezing in VSHM, multiple AV parties can wipe simultaneously because of a "strategic freeze".. and the best part? Other servers aren't having as much issues as we are. Why then?

Also please don't respond with a wall of text that deflects my question. I'm sure one or two paragraphs will do?
  • Also @Spacecats as far as "server-side issues", I'm referring to the everything: lag, freezes, multiple input problems (that we have independently verified is not attributed to Noctenium) and crashes.

Apologies for the double post, on mobile and for some reason my browser isn't letting me edit first post.
  • The truth is that our Operations team is looking into the cause of the crashes. I think if more truth was known about why it went down today, the guys on the Ops crew would really appreciate it, but it's not a simple situation when it comes to TERA servers. For the time being, it's up and running again and they'll continue to monitor.
  • @Spacecats OK, so the crashes aside, how about the other problems plaguing AV? And if Ops doesn't know, when is a reasonable time to expect an answer?
  • MrBlitzyMrBlitzy
    edited June 13
    The real reason is that AV has been a big pile of dogpoop since time immemorial. Why? Who knows EME never told us anything concrete over the last 4 years.
  • @Spacecats come on
This discussion has been closed.