Ways to improve TERA

edited June 14 in General Discussion
What would bring back people in Tera? Everyone know and see that population isnt the same as old days.

Comments

• Optimization

And no walls pls. Mu exploring :(
  • Less lag? Most of the people that I know personally who have left the game have left because of the lag. Otherwise, they get bored with the same endgame content. I understand that.... We get new dungeons with the same bosses from previous dungeons most of the time. I think some of the dungeons have been unique, like Timescape, Skycruiser, Lillith's Keep, etc... but some of them recycle bosses and mechanics. I know 1 person who left for a mixture of these reasons. Personally, I enjoy Tera and don't plan on leaving anytime soon, but the lag does get a bit frustrating. Hopefully today's maintenance will sort it out a bit.
  • Quutiii wrote: »
    What would bring back people in Tera? Everyone know and see that population isnt the same as old days.

in theory tera console will bring people for 1 or 2 years

else i wait tera vr to watch all the elin pantsu in vr B)
  • This is one of those threads that has a possibility to stir good ideas and discussion but eventually nothing will come out of it. Unfortunately, one of the biggest issues I have seen is that the content is repetitive and dull. The only times in the past few years the community was excited for content seemed to be the 65 expansion, the Reaper class, and the 30 man raid. Why? Because they were all changes to the traditional cycle Tera has been on where we get 2 new dungeons, 2 new gear sets and that's it.

I do hope this game will continue to thrive but the issue that plague Tera like lack of content or good content, reusing old content, and perhaps developers and publishers not understanding the player base and what we want and need. This patch has been quite surprising so far. Sure, VSHM is challenging but I find it difficult at times to even find a group for the dungeon. It's more about who you know and your connections now as opposed to how active LFG used to be.

The only things that seem to make this game a great place is when that cycle is broken. If there was something different like housing, minigames, other skills that aren't useless like how crafting currently is, then the game would be better. [filtered], even if there are dungeons that are more entertaining to play would be great too.

• I don't get an optimization issues, I would say Trying out an open PvP server with many incentives on Guild Wars and PvEvP World Boss fights. I would also say a full expansion with 5 new levels and maybe a portal to another dimension to maybe the Argon dimension? I think something like 10 player Trials (something shorter than a raid could be fun.) Lastly, Housing with badass/cute decorations and furniture!
  • Sure, VSHM is challenging but I find it difficult at times to even find a group for the dungeon. It's more about who you know and your connections now as opposed to how active LFG used to be.
    This so much.... not everyone runs in large guilds or really wants to. I'm in a 4 man guild with my best friends in game, don't really want to leave. But you can obviously see how that puts a damper on having a static party for end game. When we make an LFG to find our last man, it takes ages to get someone decent to apply to the party...
    Aaaaaand I'm pretty sure you have to be overly masochistic to want to queue VS, just saying....
  • A new expansion, minigames, useful crafting and as @Lifegiver00 said, breaking the cycle Tera has seemed stuck in for a while. Honestly, I love this game and I always play for a while when I play, but I eventually wander back off to something like Wow (before I wander off from it after a few months too >.>). Nothing much holds my interest these days, I guess. Wow manages for longer than other games just by sheer number of things to do that don't even involve combat (though there's plenty of that, too, and even it suffers from making you bored after a while so that's just gonna happen from time to time, no matter what the game).
    To me, Tera is a much more gorgeous game than something like Wow and, I suppose, what I'd like to see is a merging of ideas from games like RO (but just the character creation system, don't get me started on the rest of it, I'm not a fan), WoW and Tera all smished into one game of awesome. Preferably with Elin because I like playing them.
    Not genderlocking classes would be a great improvement too but that seems to just be a thing Korean games do, tbh. Most of them seem to genderlock in one way or another. Most.

TL;DR: Minigames, new expansions, useful crafting, useful side crafts, more holiday type events, more to do than two dungeons at a time with two gearsets. Even just an increase to 3 gearsets and maybe 3-5 dungeons would be an improvement.
  • Removed political reference from thread title.
  • I think non gender locked classes would also be an attractant. I wouldn't mind having a male form brawler, reaper, gunner. But I understand that they are part of a story so, oh well there. Definitely optimization and lag reduction would help. I personally am not much of a fan of what I call, excessive dungeon mechanics. I just like to hit stuff, plain and simple. Don't make me watch something other than my main target. lol. Maybe an update to the game that doesn't rip away the laurels achieved by players that spent so much time and effort getting them. How about an end game content / event / activity that doesn't, "get old", so to speak.

I don't know what that could be really. Right now, I'm personally grinding dailies to improve my characters but that pretty much it. My guild mates are the bulk of why I log in. They crack me up. ^^ But yeah, something not so grind driven, is fun to do, rewarding in a manner that's exciting to the player. Maybe even humorous too. Just some of my thoughts.

• Laethys wrote: »
    I don't get an optimization issues, I would say Trying out an open PvP server with many incentives on Guild Wars and PvEvP World Boss fights. I would also say a full expansion with 5 new levels and maybe a portal to another dimension to maybe the Argon dimension? I think something like 10 player Trials (something shorter than a raid could be fun.) Lastly, Housing with badass/cute decorations and furniture!

I'd love to see where the Argons really come from. I've always imagined it looked like what they turned Argonea into, but what if it was a completely abstract dimension. If all of TERA is a dream, what if Argon dimension is a nightmare?
  • In all honesty, an updated character creation window would bring TONS of players, new and returning. Just add body sliders and much more customization options, like ability to mix and match ears, tails, and hairstyle for elins. Same for castanic, and more horn types for amani male, more hairstyles and makeup options for femani, the list goes on.
  • I don't understand why brawlers were female-locked to begin with when it seems they were based off of Rhodos, a male. But I agree, less race / gender locked classes.
  • Fix the servers
  • Spacecats wrote: »
    Laethys wrote: »
    I don't get an optimization issues, I would say Trying out an open PvP server with many incentives on Guild Wars and PvEvP World Boss fights. I would also say a full expansion with 5 new levels and maybe a portal to another dimension to maybe the Argon dimension? I think something like 10 player Trials (something shorter than a raid could be fun.) Lastly, Housing with badass/cute decorations and furniture!

I'd love to see where the Argons really come from. I've always imagined it looked like what they turned Argonea into, but what if it was a completely abstract dimension. If all of TERA is a dream, what if Argon dimension is a nightmare?

I like the sound of that. Another real of existence where players can go to. Maybe fighting back at the nightmare realm, in an effort to curb or momentarily stop what's happening in the primary dream state! Oh yeah! While there, you and your party gain a new buff or effect that affects your abilities in the primary dream state. Definitely a new title?
  • Zoknahal wrote: »
    In all honesty, an updated character creation window would bring TONS of players, new and returning. Just add body sliders and much more customization options, like ability to mix and match ears, tails, and hairstyle for elins. Same for castanic, and more horn types for amani male, more hairstyles and makeup options for femani, the list goes on.

I'm curious why you think body sliders and more customization options would bring in tons of new players. Can you elaborate? Presumably a new player would have no idea what the preexisting customization options were, so they would all be new to them anyway.