About Afk event

Comments

• KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭✭
    66ECX7NAN7 wrote: »
    Putting a minimum level (60 for reapers, 20 for other characters) for rewards would mitigate this.

How exactly? The rewards are server wide, meaning you'd have to be playing on different server to get more.
  • TheCatalystTheCatalyst ✭✭✭
    Tbh, I find that these kind of exploits are painful to watch because...

1) U need multiple accounts, that means multiple emails. Even if u give excuses that its easy to make new emails, it still doesn't change the fact that u HAVE to make those emails, and u HAVE to make those game accounts.

2) U need to log into these accounts. That means u need to be in-game, either by multiboxing or have several pc/laptops with u. Even u say that u uses some super secret third party bot software or whatever, it doesn't change the fact that u yourselves prolly are not gonna be playing the actual game.

The amount of time, money, and resources.. Think about the electric bill, the work that u put into something that supposed to be fun and games. Why people are torturing themselves, is beyond me.
    :(

Btw, this event is not really an afk event. 5 hours per day on weekend, that pretty much how long people casually spend time in the game anyway. I do IoD and guild quest, and I'm already halfway from the weekly reward. And that one require game time of 12 hours.
    :o
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    vkobe wrote: »
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Mandras wrote: »
    I never benefit from these AFK events anyway. As soon as I'm AFK for more than an hour or two... I'm automatically booted to the character select screen. Why have an event like this, if you can't stay logged in?? Is there something we should be doing to stay logged in, other than playing? I can be logged into BDO for days w/o getting kicked.

These people make use of scripts for these account not being logged out.

just use a wall and put a weight item, for exemple a lead dice on the button to walk or space bar or auto attack

and i didnt test, but i think than when monster attack you, you dont unlog from the game, if the theory is true is mean than some people can hide in bol :)

You won't get logged off on stepstone island even if you are not doing anything.

I made a test and I had a toon more than 6 hours until I wake up after slept and Tera didn't log off that character.
  • Tenshi1Tenshi1 ✭✭✭
    Yay, finally an event that rewards me for having no life :'D
  • 00739c1719c7e0b55050b488579d0798.png
    afk event #1 event
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never benefit from these AFK events anyway. As soon as I'm AFK for more than an hour or two... I'm automatically booted to the character select screen. Why have an event like this, if you can't stay logged in?? Is there something we should be doing to stay logged in, other than playing? I can be logged into BDO for days w/o getting kicked.

just use a wall and put a weight item, for exemple a lead dice on the button to walk or space bar or auto attack

and i didnt test, but i think than when monster attack you, you dont unlog from the game, if the theory is true is mean than some people can hide in bol :)

You won't get logged off on stepstone island even if you are not doing anything.

I made a test and I had a toon more than 6 hours until I wake up after slept and Tera didn't log off that character.

so is only in velika we log off ?
  • vkobe wrote: »

so is only in velika we log off ?

you will not get logged off if you are not doing something in-game or at stepstone. that why people go to the golems in HW that hit you, keeping you in combat. Alternately you can afk in a danger zone in a lowbie area (where mobs don't do dmg) and get attacked for 0 dmg for a couple hours
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    66ECX7NAN7 wrote: »
    Putting a minimum level (60 for reapers, 20 for other characters) for rewards would mitigate this.

Those abusing the event wouldn't be put off by a minor level 20 requirement, takes no time to be power leveled.
  • MorokuMoroku ✭✭✭

Yeah "Scripts" can't be something called fishing right? Nah, must be a bot or macro. LUL stupid TERA players these days. Btw, there's a reason why BDO is way more popular than TERA nowadays. Get over it, the afk event is fine.

TERA Players: I want free [filtered]

EME: Afk event then! Free stuff guys!

TERA Players: Omg why are you giving [filtered] out? [filtered] this game

EME: Okay....
  • Or........

you could just not try to game the system and play the game. That's an obvious alternative to all this scheming on how to best AFK the event...

Crazy, I know.
  • MoriaxMoriax
    edited June 18
    or...

you guys get some people who actually play and understand the game and let them plan events to prevent this whole thing :^)

dont be so gullible and think nobody would "exploit" the system when you give out free stuff like feedstock/strongbox keys etc

• LancerJivaLancerJiva ✭✭✭✭

I actually made a new account to try and see if this worked just for the luls. I already got the 12 hour reward on my main.

The verdict -> Got logged off after 2 hours of being completely afk. So I'm not sure how you done this.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    LancerJiva wrote: »

I actually made a new account to try and see if this worked just for the luls. I already got the 12 hour reward on my main.

The verdict -> Got logged off after 2 hours of being completely afk. So I'm not sure how you done this.

How? Easy I left an alt lvl 1 on Stepstone Island, went to bed at 4 am and when I wake up a noticed the game didn't loged out my toon and It was AFK doing "nothing on the same spot" for more than 6 hours.

When I noticed that I claimed all the stuff and put a good use to them, tradeable keys, nocs, feedstocks, strong bravery, strong canephora, lamb bulgogi...

That is the reason why I said all the stuff EME gives on events should be account bound or character bound, that way trying to abuse it would be not that worth the time and EME will get less bots accounts to deal.
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz ✭✭✭
    Or........

you could just not try to game the system and play the game. That's an obvious alternative to all this scheming on how to best AFK the event...

Crazy, I know.

This would be ideal.

I suspect though, due to your position, you have enough experience in the gaming industry to know that it will never be a uniform reality. If gamers are presented with a system that can be gamed at least some will game the system no matter how involved the means of doing so may be.
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is the reason why I said all the stuff EME gives on events should be account bound or character bound, that way trying to abuse it would be not that worth the time and EME will get less bots accounts to deal.

Now, think about what non-tradeable items exist in the game and what the reward list would look like if they were to do that.