The TERA servers will undergo maintenance from 8-10 a.m., on Thursday, 10/19.

About Afk event

Comments

• KnightFalz wrote: »
    Or........

you could just not try to game the system and play the game. That's an obvious alternative to all this scheming on how to best AFK the event...

Crazy, I know.

This would be ideal.

I suspect though, due to your position, you have enough experience in the gaming industry to know that it will never be a uniform reality. If gamers are presented with a system that can be gamed at least some will game the system no matter how involved the means of doing so may be.

Absolutely. I'm not so naive but I can dream. This is an awesome community and I'm excited to be a part of it.
  • TWMagimayTWMagimay ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 18
    KnightFalz wrote: »
    Or........

you could just not try to game the system and play the game. That's an obvious alternative to all this scheming on how to best AFK the event...

Crazy, I know.

This would be ideal.

I suspect though, due to your position, you have enough experience in the gaming industry to know that it will never be a uniform reality. If gamers are presented with a system that can be gamed at least some will game the system no matter how involved the means of doing so may be.

Absolutely. I'm not so naive but I can dream. This is an awesome community and I'm excited to be a part of it.

I wonder...can the requirement be changed from "time online" to some sort of activity? Like, for example, "vanguard quests completed"?

Also, about the "giving players a choice"...how does a token shop sound?

PS: Are you TNT?
  • KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭
    Or instances ran? I mean, even then you'd have to do something, even if it's only the easy or solo content.
    Or instances ran? I mean, even then you'd have to do something, even if it's only the easy or solo content.

All but two instances have Vanguard dailies. And "instances" would exclude people who don't like dungeon for no real reason but to give rewards for PoP and GG....
    TWMagimay wrote: »

All but two instances have Vanguard dailies. And "instances" would exclude people who don't like dungeon for no real reason but to give rewards for PoP and GG....

Ah, you're right. As for those who dislike dungeons, it'd work if a round of PVP would count as an instance, I think.

Ah, you're right. As for those who dislike dungeons, it'd work if a round of PVP would count as an instance, I think.

Or we could just go with the vanguard dailies. I don't understand what your problem with that is. It'll automatically include all instances except GG and PoP without requiring a list of dungeon bosses to be used as reference when making it(and you -know- they'll forget something), it'll include all BGs without encouraging afking in said BGs(if Johnny would multiclient 5 accounts to get the current rewards, what's to stop him from multiclienting in BGs and just drinking his coffee?).
  • BreetizmBreetizm ✭✭✭
    It's a great event! I have no idea what you guys are talking about. Me and my friends are having a blast. We always AFK when we login TERA for hours and now we're getting rewards for it! I'm very happy we finally get to have an event we all deserve. Why run VSHM when I can alt tab for 12 hours and get VM9 mats.

Or we could just go with the vanguard dailies. I don't understand what your problem with that is. It'll automatically include all instances except GG and PoP without requiring a list of dungeon bosses to be used as reference when making it(and you -know- they'll forget something), it'll include all BGs without encouraging afking in said BGs(if Johnny would multiclient 5 accounts to get the current rewards, what's to stop him from multiclienting in BGs and just drinking his coffee?).

No problem with it, just offering an alternative. Also I kinda thought you meant the 8 dailies that actually give rewards, instead of any vanguard.
    Also I kinda thought you meant the 8 dailies that actually give rewards, instead of any vanguard.

Well, I did mean that since -any- dailies -can- give a reward, it's not just a specific set of 8 but any set of 8. The current event is limited by time(up to 5h) so if a change were to occur where it's based on the VG dailies, it'd only make sense for that to be limited as well. If they were to remove such limitations and just have a progressive reward ladder...can you imagine the crying?
    Also I kinda thought you meant the 8 dailies that actually give rewards, instead of any vanguard.

Well, I did mean that since -any- dailies -can- give a reward, it's not just a specific set of 8 but any set of 8. The current event is limited by time(up to 5h) so if a change were to occur where it's based on the VG dailies, it'd only make sense for that to be limited as well. If they were to remove such limitations and just have a progressive reward ladder...can you imagine the crying?

True, but at the same time if they limit by the 8 dailies, it'll heavily advantage anyone with lots of alts. And I didn't mean to make it unlimited, just have server wide goals, like the timer this time, so that you can either reach the goals with one character or many if you want.

True, but at the same time if they limit by the 8 dailies, it'll heavily advantage anyone with lots of alts. And I didn't mean to make it unlimited, just have server wide goals, like the timer this time, so that you can either reach the goals with one character or many if you want.

That's what I said.

That's what I said.

OK, then I guess either my English isn't as good as I'm told, or my brain doesn't work right today. Carry on.

That's what I said.

OK, then I guess either my English isn't as good as I'm told, or my brain doesn't work right today. Carry on.

I'll just give it as an example. The current system gives you a reward for 30min, 1h, 2, 3, 4h and 5h + a 12h bonus for the weekend. Instead of hours, we go with VG dialies. That can be balanced in more ways than 1. I do kinda like the idea of a ladder of more than 8 dailies, I'm just not sure they can track that on a single char. Since it is a "commitment" event, 1-2-3-5-8-16 sounds like a reasonable reward ladder(if you are committed, you can make a 2nd char and do low level vg dailies on it as well, 2 char slots is the bare minimum you can have). Or something along those lines.
  • DreadweaverDreadweaver ✭✭✭
    edited June 18
    First one part of players complain that event needs to run a lot of dungeon. And when event doesn't require so much effort the complain that its "afk event".
    Stop complain and be happy that you have this at least. All I see is constant complains about everything. You yourself killing your mood, event and stuff by your own manner to see only bad.
    That were suggestions? Then make it in form of suggestions, not complains. And don't think that every single event should be made for each special category of players. We all have different aims.

If you font like this game then don't play it! It's like to come to forum of vegetarians and whine there that they don't eat meat. Don't like? Out with it! Stop whine, go play other stuff and leave Tera to those who likes.

Sorries if it's a bit harsh, my native is nothing close to English.

That's what I said.

I'll just give it as an example. The current system gives you a reward for 30min, 1h, 2, 3, 4h and 5h + a 12h bonus for the weekend. Instead of hours, we go with VG dialies. That can be balanced in more ways than 1. I do kinda like the idea of a ladder of more than 8 dailies, I'm just not sure they can track that on a single char. Since it is a "commitment" event, 1-2-3-5-8-16 sounds like a reasonable reward ladder(if you are committed, you can make a 2nd char and do low level vg dailies on it as well, 2 char slots is the bare minimum you can have). Or something along those lines.

Yeah, that'd work. I misunderstood what you said earlier, sorry.