There will be a maintenance from 8 to 10 a.m. PDT on Tuesday, June 27.

About Afk event

Comments

• First one part of players complain that event needs to run a lot of dungeon. And when event doesn't require so much effort the complain that its "afk event".
    Stop complain and be happy that you have this at least. All I see is constant complains about everything. You yourself killing your mood, event and stuff by your own manner to see only bad.
    That were suggestions? Then make it in form of suggestions, not complains. And don't think that every single event should be made for each special category of players. We all have different aims.

If you font like this game then don't play it! It's like to come to forum of vegetarians and whine there that they don't eat meat. Don't like? Out with it! Stop whine, go play other stuff and leave Tera to those who likes.

Sorries if it's a bit harsh, my native is nothing close to English.

So, you came here to complain about complaining. Well played.
  • Tbh, I find that these kind of exploits are painful to watch because...

1) U need multiple accounts, that means multiple emails. Even if u give excuses that its easy to make new emails, it still doesn't change the fact that u HAVE to make those emails, and u HAVE to make those game accounts.

2) U need to log into these accounts. That means u need to be in-game, either by multiboxing or have several pc/laptops with u. Even u say that u uses some super secret third party bot software or whatever, it doesn't change the fact that u yourselves prolly are not gonna be playing the actual game.

Several PC's and laptops? You can log in four accounts on one PC at the same time, and there is nothing illegal about it.
  • Several PC's and laptops? You can log in four accounts on one PC at the same time, and there is nothing illegal about it.

LOLwut :awesome:
  • I despise this sort of event in games. I guess they do it to force people in, and try to make them play, but the reality is after a while I resent the game for making me feel like I have to logon. Riders of Icarus was the worst (plus its a badly designed game in many respects that I just really wanted to like very much based on its original premise). It seems like all the korean MMOs are going this route. It is too bad that Tera is now, because Tera was the game I always held up as the good example of logon rewards done right.
  • Tbh, I find that these kind of exploits are painful to watch because...

1) U need multiple accounts, that means multiple emails. Even if u give excuses that its easy to make new emails, it still doesn't change the fact that u HAVE to make those emails, and u HAVE to make those game accounts.

2) U need to log into these accounts. That means u need to be in-game, either by multiboxing or have several pc/laptops with u. Even u say that u uses some super secret third party bot software or whatever, it doesn't change the fact that u yourselves prolly are not gonna be playing the actual game.

Several PC's and laptops? You can log in four accounts on one PC at the same time, and there is nothing illegal about it.

That's only if you have enough memory to run more then one client.
  • LancerJiva wrote: »
    Tbh, I find that these kind of exploits are painful to watch because...

Memory wouldn't be the issue, one client in the background and lowest settings only takes 200-300 MB of memory.
  • You can't make non-bankable items, it was so with the Vengeance Versa for a period if I remember correctly, and it was pretty unfair - also, those ppl with bots etc are farming mats like feedstocks, lootboxes and noctenium and those you can't make untradeable, or they'll simply be useless for many reasons and many people, defeating the point of the event.
    About VM materials, well, they already are account-bound, making em char bound would be just stupid like I said, no1 wants VM materials char bound and some of em like the herpvin powder even needs to be trade-able, since you need a big number of those.

You just have to handle this kind of events better, also, is it just me not remembering or this is the first time they give VM mats you usually find only in the hardest dungeons out in an event?
  • TWMagimay wrote: »
    KnightFalz wrote: »
    Or........

you could just not try to game the system and play the game. That's an obvious alternative to all this scheming on how to best AFK the event...

Crazy, I know.

This would be ideal.

I suspect though, due to your position, you have enough experience in the gaming industry to know that it will never be a uniform reality. If gamers are presented with a system that can be gamed at least some will game the system no matter how involved the means of doing so may be.

Absolutely. I'm not so naive but I can dream. This is an awesome community and I'm excited to be a part of it.

I wonder...can the requirement be changed from "time online" to some sort of activity? Like, for example, "vanguard quests completed"?

Also, about the "giving players a choice"...how does a token shop sound?

PS: Are you TNT?

The current event tool just works as we ran it; it awards whatever items we determine based on just being in game for a preset amount of time. This, as well as other suggestions about the tool, will be sent after this event concludes on Monday to BH to see if they can integrate some changes. But I love that I've gotten so much good feedback around how to better events like this.

And yes, I am TNT, I'm dynamite; I'm TNT, and I'll win the fight.

;)
  • Okay, so...

- events with extra rewards can be exploited
    - events with premium/cash shop items can be exploited
    - events where you get stuff just for playing (subject to interpretation) can be exploited

I'm lost at this point. Is there any type of event that can't be seen as gaming the system by you guys? Heck, logging in and getting Fed bills can be exploited by the way you guys describe it.
  • And yes, I am TNT, I'm dynamite; I'm TNT, and I'll win the fight.

;)

I like you. I really very like you. *innocently kicks the bat under the bed*
    SageWindu wrote: »
    Okay, so...

- events with extra rewards can be exploited
    - events with premium/cash shop items can be exploited
    - events where you get stuff just for playing (subject to interpretation) can be exploited

I'm lost at this point. Is there any type of event that can't be seen as gaming the system by you guys? Heck, logging in and getting Fed bills can be exploited by the way you guys describe it.

Well, anything and everything can be abused. The real questions should be: to what degree and benefit and how would any abuse prevention methods impact the overall player experience. This event was quite alright. They already murdered the VM9 mats and those are the (arguably) best rewards(with scales being the "exploitable" ones). The whine is a bit of an overkill this time, imo.
  • Acendia wrote: »
    LancerJiva wrote: »

Memory wouldn't be the issue, one client in the background and lowest settings only takes 200-300 MB of memory.

WUT?! My game is using 1.8 GB of my memory right this second...and lowering graphics from highest to lowest lowered NOTHING. Are you sure about this?
  • Catservant wrote: »
    Acendia wrote: »
    LancerJiva wrote: »

WUT?! My game is using 1.8 GB of my memory right this second...and lowering graphics from highest to lowest lowered NOTHING. Are you sure about this?

M6hwYlB.jpg?1
    Here you go, the one that has 1,3GB memory is the window I was playing on at full resolution and everything.
  • Inb4 when event ends EME will be like "We will do a check and punish the exploiters" and then people will cry and complain even more xD
  • Grimoir wrote: »
    Inb4 when event ends EME will be like "We will do a check and punish the exploiters" and then people will cry and complain even more xD

So logging in and afking is considered exploiting the event? Gosh, well quite a few people will be guilty of this.
  • Grimoir wrote: »
    Inb4 when event ends EME will be like "We will do a check and punish the exploiters" and then people will cry and complain even more xD

It is completely legal to afk with 5 accounts though or so I heard :p