Lag has become unbearable!!!

In 5 years of playing Tera i never ever experienced this sort of lag ever. I started playing when the game was still on focus tests and even on the CBT phases i have never dealt with such huge spikes of lag out of nowhere. The worst thing is, the players continously are complaining but looks like the devs are not keen to do anything to fix this issue.
Is the second time in row in 2 days that i had to give up a VHHM on the final boss because as healer is impossible to heal and dispel the boss when u have to deal with 2k ping that makes you freeze. I also got the pop-up that i got disconnected from the server and i had to go to the login screen in order to get back in game. How fun to let my team die!
Why do I bother paying elite if all the fun has become a hassle and a burden?
Please do something about this, i don't give a damn about your stupid event, i don't want the latest fancy weapon, who want it should farm his [filtered] off for it.
I want to have fun, not to curse because I lag!

Comments

• PalominaPalomina ✭✭✭
    edited June 19
    Its probably due to this afk event. Many people are logging on multiple accounts and afking. I think it puts more load on server which in turn makes us lag. Trust me , I feel your pain. I can barely do IoD bams with the kind of lag I am having right now. Hopefully this will go away once this event is over.
  • ArwenArwen ✭✭
    I've done a Trace route to see if there is something wrong with my ping, but between my router and enmasse servers my ping remains good, despite the fact i live in Italy.
    So it is definitely something wrong with their server.
    Microsoft Windows [Versione 6.3.9600]
    (c) 2013 Microsoft Corporation. Tutti i diritti riservati.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>tracert patch.tera.enmasse-game.com

Traccia instradamento verso a709.d.akamai.net [95.101.114.89]
    su un massimo di 30 punti di passaggio:

1     1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  ********
      2    16 ms    16 ms    16 ms  172.17.192.72
      3    24 ms    24 ms    26 ms  172.17.192.78
      4    26 ms    26 ms    28 ms  172.17.192.33
      5    31 ms    30 ms    30 ms  172.19.244.94
      6    36 ms    33 ms    46 ms  172.17.5.245
      7    32 ms    32 ms    37 ms  a95-101-114-89.deploy.akamaitechnologies.com [95.101.114.89]

Traccia completata.

• counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arwen wrote: »
    I've done a Trace route to see if there is something wrong with my ping, but between my router and enmasse servers my ping remains good, despite the fact i live in Italy.
    So it is definitely something wrong with their server.
    Well, you can't do a traceroute to the patch servers, as they are on a CDN and local to you. If you want to do a traceroute to the TERA datacenter, you have to go to diag.enmasse.com.

It may still not be a connection or routing issue anyway, but at least that'd give you more relevant data.
  • I'll be posting a separate thread either later today or tomorrow (working on the draft now). The truth is, we don't know the source of these issues and are actively investigating them.

I know it's frustrating, it is for us too. I'll say more in the standalone thread (which will replace the current stickied thread on the topic of lag).