[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Return of School Uniforms?

Alright so forgive me if this is in the wrong section. Wasn't sure if it should go in here or Tera suggestions, but decided to put it here.
Also let me just say that I know there are PLENTY of people that play Tera that absolutely HATE the school uniforms, and posting that you "hate them so much!!!11!1!" as a response isn't really needed or helpful. I know that this is a bit of a "first world problem" lel, but this is just something that's kinda been on my mind and I have nothing better to do. I know that there are about 200 more important changes people need and want with Tera, but still no harm bringing this up.
Anyways.
I don't really understand why most of the school uniforms were removed from the Tera store. Almost everyone I know in Tera loves them, and with the addition of Brawler and now Ninja, we have even MORE female characters in-game than ever. If you want a school uniform (Eldritch Academy, Icaruna School, Triple T, etc - I don't remember all of the names, forgive me) you have to buy it off the broker at RIDICULOUS prices since there is no way to get them anymore. I saw one of the non-rng costumes on the broker for 200k. The school uniforms that are still in the store are pretty unpopular, the only ones of those I ever see people in game with is Seren's Night School and Sisters of Frost, but even so, they're pretty uncommon.
I understand removing something from the store if 1. It's not selling well and there is no demand for it, or 2. It is meant to be for an event or otherwise "limited edition", but the school uniforms aren't either of those things. If I recall correctly, we had them starting in 2013 and then they went away sometime after the back to school sale.
It's just weird to me that there are so many items in the cash shop that are really low-demand, yet something this high demand isn't available anymore. Kinda rubs salt in the wound to be able to try them on in the dressing room, lel.
Just seems to me that having these in the store again would generate a looooot of money.

For now, I'll wait out the summer and pray that randomly they are brought back for September for back to school. Anyways. Thoughts on this?

Comments

• Some of those actually are still available in the store through lootboxes (like Triple-T, Arcadian Academy, Seren's Night School), but the issue there is that they're a bit old now so people aren't buying them. The trade broker market for selling cash shop lootbox cosmetics really focuses on the latest/greatest, because that's where the highest demand is. Older items tend to fall out of favor. So actually that's partly why EME "retires" the older cosmetic items -- because bringing them back after a long break creates a new demand cycle, since there are lots of new players.

This is just speculation, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if we see an Anniversary sale that brings back some retired cosmetics in the near future, as we've had sales like that in previous years. But yeah, if not then, I imagine the older school uniforms will have a "back to school sale" at some point.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    I'd go for back to school sale for those retired if any. Though as counterpoint kindly said, there's three (four. forgot to count) direct buy uniforms and some loot boxes at the tera shop.

https://store.enmasse.com/tera/items/costumes?page=3
    https://store.enmasse.com/tera/items/loot-boxes?page=8
  • FeenoxFeenox ✭✭✭
    KTERA has new school uniforms out too which we will likely get sometime in the near future
    they usually bring retired items back around during sales so if youre patient you'll probably be able to get the old uniforms at some point
  • They're so tacky and uninspired.
  • Mobius1Mobius1 ✭✭✭
    Or we can stop introducing this immersion breaking garbage, and introduce some real TERA costumes.

All these school uniforms and cop cars and other crap, have no business in this game. I vote that they never sell that rubbish again, in this game. The less of it that we have in the game, the better!

There's plenty of good looks that can be introduced that are not stupid out of genre nonsense.
  • IlythienIlythien ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    I love Triple-T. As I love Hello Kitty costumes because...well too obvious xD.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mobius1 wrote: »
    Or we can stop introducing this immersion breaking garbage, and introduce some real TERA costumes.

All these school uniforms and cop cars and other crap, have no business in this game. I vote that they never sell that rubbish again, in this game. The less of it that we have in the game, the better!

There's plenty of good looks that can be introduced that are not stupid out of genre nonsense.

I personally would have liked to have some of the NPC outfits.
  • MinazukiMinazuki ✭✭✭
    Personally would like to have eldritch academy school uniform and special emote back to store > <

Also I don't know what is REAL costume for Tera.
    Immersion breaking? There an academy in Tera... you ever been there for quests? or ever see some NPC with sailor school uniform on them?

Tera is a dream by god/goddess... stop limiting what in their dream LOL
  • Mobius1Mobius1 ✭✭✭
    The dream argument is a cop out for immersion breaking items.

School outfits are totally OOG, and should have never been put into the game (as well as a lot of other garbage that is similar or worse.).
  • an argument could be made that that majority of cash shop costume items are immersion breaking.
  • Petta wrote: »
    an argument could be made that that majority of cash shop costume items are immersion breaking.

You could argue that that's basically the point of the cash shop -- in-game fashions are all in-lore, and cash shop fashions are almost all real-world-influenced. And it stands to reason that they did this because their market research suggested that this is what most people wanted to put their money -- which is basically why the trend is sure to continue unless people's purchasing habits change dramatically.
  • Mobius1Mobius1 ✭✭✭
    Or it was greed for quick bucks, that lead to incurable cancer.

Kinda like smoking. It was good while it lasted, but now you'll die young, because of it.
  • Mobius1 wrote: »
    Or it was greed for quick bucks, that lead to incurable cancer.

Kinda like smoking. It was good while it lasted, but now you'll die young, because of it.
    No, it's just fashion: everyone has their own taste. I'm all for them adding more options to increase diversity, but a free-to-play MMO is never going to be the place to go for strict fantasy immersion in the first place.
  • BanimBanim ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    There has been an NPC Elin in Tera wearing a school uniform since the game came out... she's in Pora Elinu, I think you find her when you climb up the vines if memory serves.

Edit: Yep.

fcc7395d6f.jpg
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a few of those elins around. While it looks like a school uniform, closer inspection shows it has details not seen in modern world school uniforms, though, the overall visual is that of a sailor school uniform. Sailor Moon reference, perhaps?

As for cash shop outfits. Yes. That's what people want. If people didn't want them they wouldn't be selling so well. Also, and usually, these outfits, mostly the ones that come from RNG, make a player character stand out from the NPC crowd and players not using them, not only because of design but because they are usually more colorful. And we all know that many people love to stand out.

If they ever started selling a huge arrow that pointed at the player and reads "LOOK AT ME", I know many would flock to that item even if it came from an rng box with worse chance than the current HK box.... The thing does also have to glow, as well. :pleased: